Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New submarines sensors

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> New submarines sensors Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New submarines sensors - 8/11/2018 10:39:39 PM   
Figeac

Hi all,

I've been away from CMANO for a few months and now Im back to the game. I've purchased the Silent Service expansion and upgraded my game to the latest version, and have a few doubts:

1 - I tried to rebuild my Silent Service scenarios to the latest DB in order to use the new periscope mechanics for submarines, but I cant update them at the same time, I have to do it for each scenario separately. Is this the normal way to do it?

2 - After rebuilding a scenario using .ini file, I notice that the periscopes appeared in the DB, but not in the sub game sensors (F9). My sub is on periscope depth, close to the enemy ship but Im still tracking it trough my acoustic intercept sensor, not the periscope, and my Mk1 eyeball can only be used when surfaced. Are the periscopes already implemented on the game?

Thanks!

< Message edited by Figeac -- 8/11/2018 10:40:50 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: New submarines sensors - 8/12/2018 1:33:19 AM   
dcpollay

1) Can't speak to this.

2) When you say you are "close" the enemy ship, how close are you talking? For a periscope sticking 10 feet out of the water, a small ship may need to be within 3-5 miles to be detectable visually, in clear conditions. Weather, waves, time of day, etc. can shorten that distance. We had a thread discussion of this a couple of months ago (I can't find it now).

Here's an example: http://www.calculatoredge.com/electronics/lineofsight.htm

"It's all according to how your boogaloo situation stands, you understand."

Formerly known as Colonel Mustard, before I got Slitherine Syndrome.

(in reply to Figeac)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> New submarines sensors Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI