Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

PBEM++ swicthed laptops, error "cannot find 102220.DAT"

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Tech Support >> PBEM++ swicthed laptops, error "cannot find 102220.DAT" Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
PBEM++ swicthed laptops, error "cannot find 102220... - 8/16/2018 10:57:17 AM   
hendriks65

Score: 0
Hi, getting this error in a PBEM game logging into another laptop with Steam on another work location in another country.

Can start SP, have 1.14, it had to update from 1.13, and now trying to access the PBEM turn it states, after saying;

downloading
unpacking

cannot find 102220.DAT

And then stops. I can't access my other laptop as 2000 KM away from me :) I did this before and apart from missing one replay, it was always fine...

Any ideas how I can continue?
Post #: 1
RE: PBEM++ swicthed laptops, error "cannot find 10... - 8/16/2018 7:09:06 PM   
Christolos

See: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4513677

C

“Excellence is never an accident. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, and intelligent execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives - choice, not chance, determines your destiny.”

-Aristotle-

(in reply to hendriks65)
Post #: 2
RE: PBEM++ swicthed laptops, error "cannot find 10... - 8/17/2018 7:11:12 AM   
hendriks65

Yeah, that's great, I found that post myself before, problem as said is that I'm 2000KM away from my other laptop :( So, can't copy anything over, and this is pretty weird as the DAT file should be kept in the PBEM++ account, not on the hard drive, as that makes logging into different machines through Steam impossible...so, basically, I can't play now because this prevents me from continuing on another machine....(which it didn't before, I did this many times on these 2 laptops and it was fine, maybe the update to 1.14 I had to make took the DAT file, as indeed on this machine those folders are empty....

(in reply to Christolos)
Post #: 3
RE: PBEM++ swicthed laptops, error "cannot find 10... - 8/17/2018 12:27:58 PM   
bfcj

The only time I've seen that was when it was the first play of a new game (that was started on another system), though it may be that it was since the 1.14 patch. Since those files are apparently only used for replay (?), maybe try copying/renaming a set from another game, then skipping the replay? Worth a shot.

(in reply to hendriks65)
Post #: 4
RE: PBEM++ swicthed laptops, error "cannot find 10... - 8/17/2018 2:06:24 PM   
hendriks65

Thanks bfcj, I have under my games-> SC -> PBEM++ -> DAT -> EN -> V1.13 and all those folders are empty. I updated to 1.14 so a bit strange there is no such folder there.

date of the folder is yesterday when I updated from 1.13 to 1.14 (actually, I remember I couldn't click in PBEM online on the green game as it said" this is a 1.13 version")

Only other folder is under SC -> my matrix user ID and that is also empty.

I played a quick SP game and took a save, but can't locate that save, but I don't think that's the DAT, so, maybe someone can attach any kind of DAT and I can try that?

(in reply to bfcj)
Post #: 5
RE: PBEM++ swicthed laptops, error "cannot find 10... - 8/17/2018 2:17:10 PM   
bfcj

If I recall correctly, the file you need is ..\SC\PBEM++\<username>\<nnn>.dat, where <nnn> corresponds to the game ID. Ie, game version is not involved. But if you don't have anyother to copy/rename then I guess that doesn't help. And it might have to be from the same version.

I'm not sure what the files under PBEM++\DAT\EN\V1.nn are for - I don't recall having to copy them.

(in reply to hendriks65)
Post #: 6
RE: PBEM++ swicthed laptops, error "cannot find 10... - 8/20/2018 5:24:30 PM   
Hubert Cater

Score: 2
Hi Hendriks65,

Sorry to hear about the trouble and I'll send you the missing file (shortly) to your email address linked to your PBEM++ games.

Hope this helps,
Hubert

(in reply to bfcj)
Post #: 7
RE: PBEM++ swicthed laptops, error "cannot find 10... - 8/21/2018 9:56:02 AM   
hendriks65

Thanks Hubert! But as emailed, unfortunately your DAT file starts the game under 1939, first turn, while I can see his first action being an Luftwaffe air sortie from the French coast into the UK, but France etc are set up as September 1939, immediately after the sort (without sound) I get "can't play audio file" and the game crashes to desktop. Tried twice. Does seem like the .DAT records the last map settings and uses that to apply the opponents game turn. Without that, you can't switch machines and continue playing. I find this quite unhandy from the PBEM++ functionality, it should not store that locally, but centrally...

(in reply to Hubert Cater)
Post #: 8
RE: PBEM++ swicthed laptops, error "cannot find 10... - 8/21/2018 1:07:09 PM   
Hubert Cater

Score: 2
Skipping the replay for just the one turn you load this DAT file is likley going to resolve the issue for you as things will return to normal after that.

Let me know if this helps,
Hubert

(in reply to hendriks65)
Post #: 9
RE: PBEM++ swicthed laptops, error "cannot find 10... - 8/22/2018 6:53:33 AM   
hendriks65

Yes, this did the trick, not at first as I did select to see the last turn, but upon saying no to it, after a long load of minutes, it did give the current turn. Thanks!!!

(in reply to Hubert Cater)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Tech Support >> PBEM++ swicthed laptops, error "cannot find 102220.DAT" Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI