Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Production and Convoy Routes Lockdown.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> Production and Convoy Routes Lockdown. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Production and Convoy Routes Lockdown. - 8/13/2018 2:18:20 AM   
rkr1958

One problem that I'm experiencing with production and convoy routing is that once I get my convoy routes and production working at some acceptable level within the confines of MWiF it will "suddenly" change for no apparent reason. And by no apparent reason I mean that it will change when nothing else has changed (e.g., no changes in CP's at sea, no changes in control of factories, no changes in control of resources).

In the example I showing and the game turn I'm providing in the next post, I have to continually set to default two resources in Australia for production in Montreal and Toronto, Canada. If I change powers or close and then reopen the production form these "default" setting are once again cleared out.

In my example, I've got all factories and resources working at 100% for the CW, USA and Free France. However, and I think you'll see (or maybe you won't), when you open up the attached game turn that some factory, or factories, and some resource, or resources will have gone idle. I've gotten fairly good at fixing this again and again but I shouldn't have too when nothing relevant to convoys, resources or factories have changed.

One request I have, which I have no ideal if it's feasible, is to have a lock down feature that one can use to keep everything in production as it is given no changes to the big three (i.e., convoys at sea, control of factories and control of resources).

Attachment (1)

Ronnie
Post #: 1
RE: Production and Convoy Routes Lockdown. - 8/13/2018 2:20:52 AM   
rkr1958

game turn.

By the way, I really love all aspects of MWiF. Even production, and resource routing. However, my love for the later is more of a love/hate relationship.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by rkr1958 -- 8/13/2018 11:00:59 PM >

Ronnie

(in reply to rkr1958)
Post #: 2
RE: Production and Convoy Routes Lockdown. - 8/13/2018 4:39:03 PM   
paulderynck

Sounds like a good suggestion, although it is mysterious as to why these things change. Could it be that due to DoWs, more resources become available and although all routes are in good shape, the game tries to optimize them somehow?

Paul

(in reply to rkr1958)
Post #: 3
RE: Production and Convoy Routes Lockdown. - 8/13/2018 11:52:15 PM   
TeaLeaf

I have proposed someting similar in the past but it could not be done back then. But here's for hoping .

BTW: you're very polite and optimistic, Ronnie!
I know I can get... hmmm, frustrated when discussing convoy routes . And I consider myself quite good at solving convoyproblems. And a calm, patient and polite person at that.

To be honest, pre-2.7.5 convoying really gets me boiling. I consider that unplayable for the allies. Then there's 2.7.5 and man that's a relief for convoying. It has its flaws, but they can be worked around without manipulating the savegame, so not as annoying. Only causes mild temperature increase. Sometimes .
2.8.9.4 is heading towards the pre-2.7.5 convoying issues again, from what I've seen so far so I rolled back to 2.7.5. I HATE the program not accepting my corrections and being stubborn about its own mistakes (costing the allies very precious BPts).

(in reply to paulderynck)
Post #: 4
RE: Production and Convoy Routes Lockdown. - 8/14/2018 10:35:50 PM   
Aranthus

As an example. Let's say that I want to lend a US resource to France. So I set up a convoy line from the US to France through the Bay of Biscay. But instead of allowing the resource through to France, the program routes a resource to the UK through the new convoy line and leaves a convoy unused in the Faroes. And when I set the resource to route through the Faroes, the computer changes it back so that France loses a resource, and then locks the route so that I can't change it. Instead of being fun, playing the CW (and to some extent all the Western Allies) is frustrating and painful. What's also frustrating is that these problems have been present since the initial release, and they haven't been fixed.

(in reply to rkr1958)
Post #: 5
RE: Production and Convoy Routes Lockdown. - 8/17/2018 8:57:46 PM   
hazmaxed

The thing that I don't like about convoy points is, if a group of CPs that is combined into one counter and is successfully attacked, the CPs that remain in the sea zone (if there are any) are taken out of sentry. If you fail to notice this before the return to base phase, all the non-sentry CPs are forced to return to base, and there goes your production for the turn.

There is no overkill. There is only "open fire" and "reloading."

(in reply to Aranthus)
Post #: 6
RE: Production and Convoy Routes Lockdown. - 8/17/2018 10:16:09 PM   
Centuur

quote:

ORIGINAL: hazmaxed

The thing that I don't like about convoy points is, if a group of CPs that is combined into one counter and is successfully attacked, the CPs that remain in the sea zone (if there are any) are taken out of sentry. If you fail to notice this before the return to base phase, all the non-sentry CPs are forced to return to base, and there goes your production for the turn.

Yes, that's something which I don't like too.

Peter

(in reply to hazmaxed)
Post #: 7
RE: Production and Convoy Routes Lockdown. - 8/21/2018 9:53:24 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: rkr1958

game turn.

By the way, I really love all aspects of MWiF. Even production, and resource routing. However, my love for the later is more of a love/hate relationship.

I am glad you like the game.

---

I just loaded your saved game (using version 2.9.0.1 (same as 2.9.0.0 mostly), and all the Production Planning stuff looked fine.

I don't know why you want to send Australian resources to Canada. There is a trade agreement and a Default setting sending one of the Australian resources to Detroit (the US). And there is a factory in Australia for a second non-oil resource. So that just leaves the 3rd Australian resource, which is going to a Japanese factory.

Really, why does it matter what goes where as long as all the non-oil resources are being used and the factories are at maximum production?

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to rkr1958)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> Production and Convoy Routes Lockdown. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI