Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

axis troops not allowed in tunisia

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> axis troops not allowed in tunisia Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
axis troops not allowed in tunisia - 8/22/2018 9:58:47 PM   
cato13

im trying to evacuate axis troops from africa and have just realised the only place to do this from is tripoli as its a strength 5 port.

problem is im unable to enter tunisia. it should fall under vichy france so whats goin on there?

Post #: 1
RE: axis troops not allowed in tunisia - 8/23/2018 5:56:12 PM   
cato13

noone got any input here?

why are axis troops not allowed to enter vichy territory? and what are other peoples strategy with africa as the axis?

it seems very strange that in order to move troops onto vichy land i need to declare war on them.

obviously historically, the axis had little chance of evacuating troops from africa due to allies air and sea superiority and im sure against a human player this would also be the case but against the AI it is possible to navigate the med with transports so is this a design decision to effectively simulate the same thing?

(in reply to cato13)
Post #: 2
RE: axis troops not allowed in tunisia - 8/23/2018 6:28:56 PM   
Sugar

I simply don't get your issue, there are several ports in Libya providing 5 supply, if not blocked or attacked. Another reason could be you missed taking Malta, thereby constantly losing supply. Nevertheless, you could evacuate your aircraft with 3 supply at min., and you could also load ground units in ports (if provided 5 supply from a nearby HQ), and ship them the following turn.

Are you aware of the supply rules?

(in reply to cato13)
Post #: 3
RE: axis troops not allowed in tunisia - 8/23/2018 6:45:22 PM   
BillRunacre

Hi cato13

The Vichy territories are set to neutral because otherwise, if you could move units through them, they would have to belong to the Axis and therefore when Vichy France is formed the Axis would gain the whole of France, which would make it so there was never a good reason to not form Vichy France.

Additionally, this way if the Axis do want to occupy any Vichy territory, there can be diplomatic consequences to doing so, e.g. a neutral USA moving towards the Allies in response, as well as conflict with Vichy defenders. This applies to either side, e.g. if the Allies want to take any Vichy territory, they will also face the prospect of conflict and negative diplomatic consequences.

Bill

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to Sugar)
Post #: 4
RE: axis troops not allowed in tunisia - 8/23/2018 7:39:58 PM   
cato13

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sugar

I simply don't get your issue, there are several ports in Libya providing 5 supply, if not blocked or attacked. Another reason could be you missed taking Malta, thereby constantly losing supply. Nevertheless, you could evacuate your aircraft with 3 supply at min., and you could also load ground units in ports (if provided 5 supply from a nearby HQ), and ship them the following turn.

Are you aware of the supply rules?

im sorry, im probaly havent explained the full situation very well.

i've had a hq unit at benghazi for 2 turns and i cant transport it, not to mention the rest of units which are now doomed based on what ive read here. that was gonna be my initial post. i then read one of the strat guides which said that ports have to be supply 5 to transport which explains why i cant ship land units out of africa, fair enough. aircraft havent been a problem and i should also say i havent taken malta.

so from ive read so far here, unless ive taken malta supply in africa will never be more than 4 at ports which then means its impossible to ship land units out, would that be right?

or maybe a better way of sayin it would be that unless the axis take malta, winning in africa is almost impossible?

i should add that im playin the fall weiss mod which by default makes africa very difficult!

and bill, all that sounds very reasonable.

< Message edited by cato13 -- 8/23/2018 8:01:18 PM >

(in reply to Sugar)
Post #: 5
RE: axis troops not allowed in tunisia - 8/23/2018 8:29:01 PM   
Sugar

quote:

so from ive read so far here, unless ive taken malta supply in africa will never be more than 4 at ports which then means its impossible to ship land units out, would that be right?

Nope, your HQ will generate 8 supply if placed at a ressource providing 3 supply at min.. If you place your HQ in Tripolis (or Bengasi or Tobruk), it will provide a nearby unit next to a port enough supply to enable it to enter transport. While the port won't allow it to ship immediately, the unit will be able to leave the port next turn (if still existing and not sunk in port). At least afaik. Doesn't matter, if the supply is generated by a city, town or the next port, usually the Malta-Effect won`t hit as hard to deny enough supply to prevent you from transporting.

quote:

or maybe a better way of sayin it would be that unless the axis take malta, winning in africa is almost impossible?

It's certainly the best way to occupy Malta, allthough the supply situation can be dealt with by HQ-Chaining. Still very risky.

(in reply to cato13)
Post #: 6
RE: axis troops not allowed in tunisia - 8/26/2018 4:16:23 PM   
BillRunacre

quote:

ORIGINAL: cato13

i should add that im playin the fall weiss mod which by default makes africa very difficult!

and bill, all that sounds very reasonable.

Great. In the default campaigns, the Malta effect won't necessarily happen every turn so it is possible for the ports to be at strength 5 sometimes, but not always. Taking Malta is therefore definitely recommended!

I'm not sure if it's the same in the Fall Weiss mod, but I'd be surprised if there are any significant differences in this area.

Bill

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to cato13)
Post #: 7
RE: axis troops not allowed in tunisia - 8/26/2018 6:19:25 PM   
crispy131313

I only want to chime in that other then the 1st turn of Italian war entry I did not change anything in Fall Weiss II that would hinder the North African ports more then the default.

(in reply to BillRunacre)
Post #: 8
RE: axis troops not allowed in tunisia - 8/26/2018 7:29:14 PM   
Harun

I'm playing your mod, and added a house rule to not send any units except scripted to NA until Afrika Corps arrive.

Much tenser! Very fun.

I do see like 4 Italian HQ...not sure how they afforded so many!

(in reply to crispy131313)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> axis troops not allowed in tunisia Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI