Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

script for iraq surrender

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> script for iraq surrender Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
script for iraq surrender - 6/6/2018 11:54:13 PM   
jjdenver

Is the Iraq revolt and then the chance to surrender if 3 units are adjacent to baghdad part of the regular 39 game or only in mods? I've played mods and base game and now can't remember which this happens in. Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: script for iraq surrender - 6/7/2018 6:15:44 AM   
LordOfPants

It's part of the base game, but IIRC it's only 2 units. The revolt also requires the Axis to penetrate a ways into Egypt, if you beat the Axis back then it won't trigger.

(in reply to jjdenver)
Post #: 2
RE: script for iraq surrender - 9/8/2018 9:42:41 PM   
hendriks65

It might be 2 units but just finished a PBEM and damn Iraq did not surrender! This could have saved 2 good units to NA as I put 1 UK garrison in Basra and had the Indian corps trigger, strange, AI does it just like that, no idea how they do it so fast and it took me 3 turns to even GET to Bagdad! Indian corps is quickly OOS. Anwyay, had for 1 year the garrison and the indian corps there and no surrender!

In other news, don't know how Finland can be stopped to join Axis, I had two diplo hits as Allies and they moved back to 1-2% Axis, only to 3 turns into Barbarossa suddenly be at 99%! No Axis diplo. So, do not invest I guess is the answer? Finland always joins? Massive spent on both sides to keep USSR in/out of mobilization, UK invested all 5 diplo, not ONE hit, Axis increase slowly, get 1 above, bang, USSR down to 3% mobilization = 30 MPP per turn, can't build up anything with that...

Guess I need to go back to the training camp...

< Message edited by hendriks65 -- 9/8/2018 9:44:19 PM >

(in reply to LordOfPants)
Post #: 3
RE: script for iraq surrender - 9/8/2018 9:44:47 PM   
Taxman66

The AI often sends an HQ and then just kills the defending GAR.

"Part of the $10 million I spent on gambling, part on booze and part on women. The rest I spent foolishly." - George Raft

(in reply to hendriks65)
Post #: 4
RE: script for iraq surrender - 9/9/2018 11:28:27 AM   
hendriks65

Right, but the rules say two ground units next to Bagdad give 25-75% chance of surrender right? So, this is either too low or it doesn't work well or this was an exception but one that did early on partly cost the game (2 good units one army held up there for a year or so). The Iraqi invasion historically was done "out of hand" with a few units, 1 div and 2 brigades + some air. It took less then a month. It takes I don't know how long to even get to Bagdad by that time his garrison is L2 and dug in fully. UK units have no supply to attack = attack hardly makes an impact, in the end he attacked my garrison there! So, what you need to do, move an entire HQ there? That seems very incorrect and not historical. I don't know but in all my PBEM games I never seem to have done this one right...and you can't sent an HQ as needed in Cairo...

(in reply to Taxman66)
Post #: 5
RE: script for iraq surrender - 9/9/2018 7:34:05 PM   
Robert24

Same experience in a current PBEM game; Iraq has not surrender in the past four turns with two UK units next to Bagdad. I'll have to dive into the scripts and look at this closer.

(in reply to hendriks65)
Post #: 6
RE: script for iraq surrender - 9/9/2018 7:44:31 PM   
Robert24

As mentioned above, there is a 75 to 25 percent chance Iraqis will auto-surrender.

DE 624 - Germany: Send Assistance to the Iraqi Rebels? (AI - 50% Yes)
#NOTES= By sending aid to Iraq we will strengthen Rashid Ali's position when Allied forces advance on the Iraqi capital. %N%NThis will effectively reduce the chance of the Iraqis surrendering when two or more Allied units reach Baghdad, from 75% to 25% per turn. %N%NSaying (YES) to this will also increase our diplomatic position in Syria, as the presence of our aircraft moving through Syria will move that country 10-15% towards the Axis.

… so my UK units will continue to wait outside Bagdad

(in reply to Robert24)
Post #: 7
RE: script for iraq surrender - 9/9/2018 8:49:26 PM   
KorutZelva

Some superstitious people have said you need to move the units every turn if you want the script to check for their presence....

(in reply to Robert24)
Post #: 8
RE: script for iraq surrender - 9/9/2018 9:39:33 PM   
Robert24

quote:

ORIGINAL: KorutZelva
Some superstitious people have said you need to move the units every turn if you want the script to check for their presence....

Lions, and tigers, and bears oh my...

< Message edited by Robert24 -- 9/9/2018 9:40:14 PM >

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 9
RE: script for iraq surrender - 9/9/2018 11:47:04 PM   
Taxman66

This is not true.

"Part of the $10 million I spent on gambling, part on booze and part on women. The rest I spent foolishly." - George Raft

(in reply to Robert24)
Post #: 10
RE: script for iraq surrender - 9/10/2018 11:41:45 AM   
hendriks65

I think this event needs to be re-written, it's not historical. Axis help yes fine, Syria move a bit to Axis, yes also fine. The time it already takes to reach Bagdad must be taken into account seeing the historical time was <1 month. So, the moment 2 ground units (HQ/garrison/corps/army/tank/etc) are next to Bagdad, it should have a 90% chance to surrender. Could perhaps the garrison in Bagdad be created with strength 1? It's then up to the Axis player to invest MPP to increase it and it will take at least 1 more turn to also upgrade it. Iraqi sanctions are VERY hefty for the UK, but if done, and staying the same in MPP, I'd say reduce Bagdad to infra 0.

(in reply to Taxman66)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> script for iraq surrender Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI