Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Make Uncommom Valor Alive Again

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Make Uncommom Valor Alive Again Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Make Uncommom Valor Alive Again - 4/30/2018 12:04:12 PM   
Schani59

I maybe speaking in the wind here. But as respite from the larger WitP-AE this is a great game for a time out. Crude in a lot of areas , but still great fun. A good time out from WitP-AE. I see it is a dead forum but help me bring it back to life.
This is still a great game with loads of enjoyment.
Post #: 1
RE: Make Uncommom Valor Alive Again - 4/30/2018 5:11:01 PM   
Long Lance

You are not speaking to the wind. I'd like to start a campaign too. Main-Problem is: Time...
But someday, I'll do so!

(in reply to Schani59)
Post #: 2
RE: Make Uncommom Valor Alive Again - 5/2/2018 7:19:01 PM   
Schani59

quote:

ORIGINAL: Long Lance

You are not speaking to the wind. I'd like to start a campaign too. Main-Problem is: Time...
But someday, I'll do so!

Yep time. There are small scenarios. A good break from WitP-AE for a change._

(in reply to Long Lance)
Post #: 3
RE: Make Uncommom Valor Alive Again - 5/10/2018 1:07:01 AM   
Simon40

I agree, UV is still a very good game, I've just started playing it again in the last few days as a break from War Plan Orange. Personally I prefer the larger scale map in UV meaning that aircraft have a range of more than a couple of hexes compared to WIPT or WPO. If anyone was ever going to make Version II of either of those games I would like to see it have the same map/hex scale as in UV, even if that means it will be a map 5-6 times as large as the current one. I would love to see the editor in UV upgraded to the same level as that in WPO though, the one in UV is a bit 'basic'....

(in reply to Schani59)
Post #: 4
RE: Make Uncommom Valor Alive Again - 6/21/2018 6:46:06 PM   
Joqqemanzinho

I have played a bit of WPO and am waiting to lose my job again (not eagerly though) to start a campaign in WitPAE. What are the main differences between those games and UV? I think this could serve as a in-between game to get used to airforce and carriers having more important role but also having a more limited scale.

(in reply to Schani59)
Post #: 5
RE: Make Uncommom Valor Alive Again - 7/14/2018 5:13:52 PM   
hazxan

The first step would be to get it running on Windows 10. Whatever changes were made to WITP to get it running smooth on anything post-Windows 7, need to be made to UV.

(in reply to Joqqemanzinho)
Post #: 6
RE: Make Uncommom Valor Alive Again - 9/15/2018 5:13:44 AM   
Tbilisi

I'm cautiously optimistic after reinstalling UV on a new Windows 10 system and bringing it up under DxWnd. It's been useful for launching other Matrix titles like Eagle Day / Bombing the Reich. Both games had been written for 1024x768 display formats and the only way I was able to get the graphics to render without aspect distortion on a 1920x1080 screen was to run them in windowed mode, which made for a smaller window than I liked. DxWnd can maintain the proper aspect ratio and use a larger area of the screen. It's still a compromise, but light years ahead of any other solution I've tried. I'd really like to see these games rewritten to take advantage of newer display formats, but this will do for now.

(in reply to hazxan)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Make Uncommom Valor Alive Again Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI