Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Changing Capitals

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Tech Support >> Changing Capitals Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Changing Capitals - 9/12/2018 2:15:40 PM   
Wargamer74

Score: 0
I bought the game months ago and I'm finally playing it and so far I love the game but I think there's a bug with capitals. In my last two games playing as the Axis and letting the AI control Italy both Berlin and Rome have changed capitals on the their own for no reason I can discern, this is early in the game right after taking Poland. The first time on the second turn Berlin switched to Munich and in the second game Rome switched multiple times in November 1939. I’m assuming this a bug? I have a autosave backed up in case tech support wants it. Hopefully this can get fixed because this breaks the game as far as I’m concerned. This is with version 1.15.

< Message edited by Wargamer74 -- 9/12/2018 2:41:22 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Changing Capitals - 9/12/2018 7:06:22 PM   
bfcj

That's really bizarre. Many people play this game regularly and I've never heard of anything like that. There is the occasional bug, but at this point they're fairly obscure, down in the weeds-type issues. Though I don't know how common it is for someone playing Axis to allow the AI to control Italy. To be honest, I didn't even realize that was possible...

< Message edited by bfcj -- 9/12/2018 7:08:37 PM >

(in reply to Wargamer74)
Post #: 2
RE: Changing Capitals - 9/12/2018 7:33:55 PM   
Wargamer74

I was letting the AI play Italy until I get better at the game and you can still move their units but I'm wondering if this is what's causing the bug, either some issue with AI controlled Allies or moving their units when under AI control. At first I thought maybe it was a scripted event or something, maybe an assignation attempt against Hitler so the government moved to Munich

(in reply to bfcj)
Post #: 3
RE: Changing Capitals - 9/17/2018 1:12:52 PM   
Hubert Cater

Score: 2
Hi Wargamer74,

This does sound odd indeed at this point, can you send me any applicable saved turns to support@furysoftware.com?

Thanks,
Hubert

(in reply to Wargamer74)
Post #: 4
RE: Changing Capitals - 9/19/2018 2:09:01 AM   
Wargamer74

I don't have the saved turn anymore but like I said it could be an issue with AI controlled allies and moving their units or something do to with some scripted events. When this happened, the game had been running for a couple hours and I was right clicking on units, cities, and hexes looking at stats while reading the manual. I've noticed sometimes if you're right clicking too fast I would have to go back to deselect the previous unit, maybe this can corrupt the game?

If it happens again I'll be sure to send the save.

This is one of the things I love about Matrix/Slitherine games, the developers actually support and speak to their customers.

< Message edited by Wargamer74 -- 9/19/2018 7:47:33 PM >

(in reply to Hubert Cater)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Tech Support >> Changing Capitals Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI