Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: DC : Community Project BETA

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa >> Scenario Design with the Community Project >> RE: DC : Community Project BETA Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: DC : Community Project BETA - 1/25/2016 12:36:16 PM   
Vic

quote:

ORIGINAL: elmo3

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vic

Uploaded v0.80 C ...

-The ruleset masterfile has depreciated roadType#2 (Rail-B) and roadType#5 (Rail-B mud). They are still there for backwards support, but you should not use them. ...

Best wishes,
Vic

The map editor does not show the Draw Type when you click on a hex (bug?). It just says N/a. So I can't see whether (Rail-B) was used for all my combined rail/road hexes but I'm certain it was. I though the (B) was for Both and that was the way to put both in the same hex. If that is not to be used then do I need to remake all my rail/road hexes? Thanks.

No you do not. I was careful not to break things as i expected something like this might popup.

I'll add a auto-update event for the next version just so you can update all rail in 1 click.

Best wishes,
Vic

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to elmo3)
Post #: 31
RE: DC : Community Project BETA - 1/26/2016 10:04:15 AM   
Vic

Uploaded v0.80d

-Only change is that saving the game will properly set some AI used variables and not cause your scenario to crash in some rare cases related to map imports sequence.

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 32
RE: DC : Community Project BETA - 2/1/2016 6:46:48 AM   
Vic

Expect next version in a few days time instead of today. Having some delays due to some hardware problems and having to reconfigure a development PC.

Best wishes,
Vic

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 33
RE: DC : Community Project BETA - 2/5/2016 5:48:07 PM   
Vic

Uploaded v0.80e

-No longer placement of empty or nameless officers (VR Basic Lib needs to be reloaded)

-AI library massively updated with new functionality and to fine-tune your scenario. Its now version 3.

-Several fixes and adjustments for better AI performance to the same AI library.

-VP hexes + (total points) shown on Simple Editor dashboard

-Added a Replace tab to the map editor where you can switch LandscapeTypes, RiverTypes and RoadTypes all over the map in one click to another type. (yes elmo, this would make it very easy to switch that old rail over)

-Allowed now to import a map in the simple editor with a different size. Units wil be removed if they do not fit on the new map. Keep in mind you should only decrease or increase your map at the right and bottom side and not at the top or left side to keep the units in the same place.

I left some small improvements for next time. But tackled some major things with this build.

@claus

concerning the new AI lib... most things are basicly documented in the library, but did not have time to make a tutorial. tested stuff on the finland scenario though and you should be able to get it into better shape now. I managed the Soviets to assault with force and the Fins to try to cower around their fortification line. Just one advice: also add a supply point in Leningrad, the soviet AI is dangerously exposed to a cunning human player up north.

Best wishes,
Vic

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 34
RE: DC : Community Project BETA - 2/5/2016 9:05:57 PM   
elmo3

quote:

Uploaded v0.80e

-Added a Replace tab to the map editor where you can switch LandscapeTypes, RiverTypes and RoadTypes all over the map in one click to another type. (yes elmo, this would make it very easy to switch that old rail over)

Best wishes,
Vic

We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

WitE alpha/beta tester
Sanctus Reach beta tester
Desert War 1940-42 beta tester

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 35
RE: DC : Community Project BETA - 2/18/2016 11:52:57 AM   
Vic

Uploaded v0.80 H

VOLKOV TROOP LIBs
-German/Sov wrong movement sounds fixed

BASE LIB v6
-Allowed setting initial oil reserves for both regimes.
-Bloodyness of combat ScaleType 3 and 4 increased (50-75-125-200 bloodyness for the 4 scaleTypes now)

CARDS LIB v3
-Some [commander] tags visible issue in action card messages fixed
-Removed STAKVA and OKH references from cards to make them more generic.

MASTER
-Extra Large Airfields added to Master for high scale scenarios

SIMPLE EDITOR
-Fixed an import library issue where event and small gfx where getting mixed up
-Simple Editor: Show selected hex info in Unit Tab as well
-Added buttons to set initial intercept % for air units : Set initial retreat % for units

Thanks for all the feedback everybody!

(in reply to elmo3)
Post #: 36
RE: DC : Community Project BETA - 2/21/2016 6:13:39 PM   
ernieschwitz

Thanks for these fixes and upgrades Vic :)

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 37
RE: DC : Community Project BETA - 5/20/2016 10:59:05 AM   
Vic

Updated v0.90 A

Changelist:
-Updated Basic Event Lib to version 7
-Updated Basic Officer Card Lib to version 4 ( fixed entrench card bug)
-Immersion Lib v1 added
-Logic Lib v1 added
-Works if you have BARB installed on STEAM
-Fixed Unit Tab gui glitch in Simple Editor
-Added option in PREFS -> GFX -> To enable the high speed Gfx flag
-Added option to edit windows.txt file to run the CP in windowed mode at a desired screen size.

(in reply to ernieschwitz)
Post #: 38
RE: DC : Community Project BETA - 5/28/2016 4:11:52 PM   
Vic

Updated the patch installer to v0.90b

Changelist
-Fixes a bug in the history/ai watch screen for the Hoshukin-Ron scenario
-Fixes a bug with the Angola scenario where pressing the package button (to dczip) generated an error (due to roundel graphics being read only)

best wishes,
Vic

< Message edited by Vic -- 5/28/2016 4:30:42 PM >

(in reply to elmo3)
Post #: 39
RE: DC : Community Project BETA - 5/29/2016 10:48:51 PM   
lion_of_judah

Thank you Vic, much appreciated..... :)

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 40
RE: DC : Community Project BETA - 5/29/2016 10:50:03 PM   
lion_of_judah

Found a new bug maybe. The AI is sending units into the Black neutral hex as this has happened once in a game I'm playtesting. Thanks

(in reply to lion_of_judah)
Post #: 41
RE: DC : Community Project BETA - 5/30/2016 4:43:20 AM   
lion_of_judah

Vic
have the updated patch, tried zipping a scenario and it still crashed with the same error, sorry.....

Post #: 42
RE: DC : Community Project BETA - 5/30/2016 7:22:30 AM   
Vic

The DCZIP works fine now.

You sure you have the patched version running? I did upload it two times (hour appart) maybe u were very quick? try installing the patch again?

Best wishes,
Vic

Post #: 43
RE: DC : Community Project BETA - 5/30/2016 10:35:29 PM   
lion_of_judah

Vic
I have dccp installed on two computers and updated both with the patch. I'm still having that crash issue when I try and zip a scenario. I installed it again and same result. If you need me to send a scenario let me know. Thanks

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 44
RE: DC : Community Project BETA - 5/30/2016 10:44:01 PM   
lion_of_judah

Vic
Took a screenshot of what I'm still getting, thanks

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by lion_of_judah -- 5/30/2016 10:46:45 PM >

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 45
RE: DC : Community Project BETA - 5/31/2016 6:51:26 AM   
Vic

Hi Lion,

Try the workaround please.

Go to your roundel graphics, click properties and switch read-only off.

That should do the trick.

Whats the version number you see in the main screen of dccp?

Best wishes,
Vic

Post #: 46
RE: DC : Community Project BETA - 5/31/2016 4:31:47 PM   
lion_of_judah

Vic
I tried this, but still crashed. The version showing is 0.90b

< Message edited by lion_of_judah -- 5/31/2016 4:34:44 PM >

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 47
RE: DC : Community Project BETA - 5/31/2016 6:38:11 PM   
Vic

Thats weird. It did the trick on my pc.

I sent you an email with a dczip file of your scenario.

best wishes,
Vic

Post #: 48
RE: DC : Community Project BETA - 5/31/2016 7:23:58 PM   
lion_of_judah

Vic
which email has this been sent to as I just checked and I haven't received anything. Thanks

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 49
RE: DC : Community Project BETA - 6/1/2016 6:49:38 AM   
Vic

your outlook.com adress

best vic

Post #: 50
RE: DC : Community Project BETA - 6/1/2016 11:13:27 PM   
lion_of_judah

Vic
I did what you suggested in the email, deleted the scenario and all its graphics, then installed the zipfile. Tried to zip another scenario but it is still crashing on me.

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 51
RE: DC : Community Project BETA - 6/2/2016 9:27:11 AM   
Vic

Thats really strange. I am a bit out of ideas to be honest. Did you try running the Community Project as "adminstrator" ?

@all
Could somebody else maybe give this a test?
Send me an email to vic@vrdesigns.net an i'll send you the .dczip to install and then you can try if the 'package' button in the simple editor works or crashes for you.
It would be appreciated to have a second users input here.

best wishes,
Vic

Post #: 52
RE: DC : Community Project BETA - 6/2/2016 10:27:01 PM   
lion_of_judah

Vic
just tried that with same result.

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 53
RE: DC : Community Project BETA - 6/6/2016 8:11:18 AM   
Vic

Posted patch v0.90c.
Fixes an AI bug in the Congo scenario of Lion.

best wishes,
Vic

(in reply to elmo3)
Post #: 54
RE: DC : Community Project BETA - 6/6/2016 12:25:01 PM   
lion_of_judah

quote:

Thats really strange. I am a bit out of ideas to be honest. Did you try running the Community Project as "adminstrator" ?

@all
Send me an email to vic@vrdesigns.net an i'll send you the .dczip to install and then you can try if the 'package' button in the simple editor works or crashes for you.

best wishes,
Vic

Vic
I found a folder which said packaging zip and inside this folder was another folder which said graphics and inside this was the culprit roundel. I deleted it and now I can zip again. Thank you for the update

< Message edited by lion_of_judah -- 6/6/2016 12:29:11 PM >

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 55
RE: DC : Community Project BETA - 6/6/2016 12:27:23 PM   
lion_of_judah

quote:

@all

best wishes,
Vic

Vic
I found a folder which said packaging zip and inside this folder was another folder which said graphics and inside this was the culprit roundel. I deleted it and now I can zip again.

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 56
RE: DC : Community Project BETA - 11/9/2016 5:35:57 PM   
Vic

v0.91 can now be downloaded over at the VR Community site.

Changelist:

-Improved the Table Editor where you can now sort the tables on Library as well as switch between Table and Record mode. Record mode is usefull for tables with loads of columns.

-Small AI fine tunings due some finetuning of the Hybrid AI for Case Blue.

-Fixed bug in the “Gamble” officer card where misfire result actually still gave you the bonus. Updated VR Officer Card Library to version 5.

-New version of masterfile… switched off rulevar 79 to avoid neutral terrain switching to a player because of ZOC. Also made code changes to engine to make it function properly.

-VR Immersion Library updated to version 2 now uses some Lookup functionality with IDs and message Mode to make editing easier.

-Volkov German Models library updated to version 2, motorized artillery regiments had 50 trucks to litle for being motorized

-Transport Plane Model and Paratrooper base models to the masterfile. (as an example of usage added this to German Early WW2 Troop Type library and added 7th Fallschirm Division to the Volkov German Models and the Volkov Example Scenario including new transporter planes ju-52)

-New version of the Basic Event library v8, that adds an unit AP reducement table and a hex VP changement table to allow some extra features to your scenario like initially locked units or changing VP as time goes by or certain objectives are taken.

-New version of Volkov scenario with the newest versions of upgraded libraries already imported and examples of the new AP reducement table and hex VP changement table usage.

Thanks for the feedback. And don't hesitate to ask a question or post a suggestion.

The Community Project BETA is already available to DC:Barbarossa and DC:Case Blue owners and I will open it up to DC:Blitzkrieg owners soon as well.

See the first post of this thread for download links and help.

Best wishes,
Vic

Post #: 57
RE: DC : Community Project BETA - 2/2/2017 10:50:39 AM   
Vic

v0.91b

Changelist

-Runs also for DC:Warsaw To Paris owners, any owner of any DC game can now run the DC:Community Project
-Added v9 of the VR Basic Library that adds option to change HQ power range rules

Best wishes,
Vic

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 58
DC Serial Number - 7/1/2018 10:51:58 PM   
PzKw43

I own both DC games. I get the error message "No valid serial number found". Case Blue is installed. How do I enter the serial number to use DC Project Beta?

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 59
RE: DC Serial Number - 10/2/2018 2:02:53 PM   
Oberst_Klink

quote:

ORIGINAL: PzKw43

I own both DC games. I get the error message "No valid serial number found". Case Blue is installed. How do I enter the serial number to use DC Project Beta?

Were both installed at the same drive? Also re-check your serialreg.txt if it's there in your DC:CB folder.

Klink, Oberst

My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.

(in reply to PzKw43)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa >> Scenario Design with the Community Project >> RE: DC : Community Project BETA Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI