Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Armored Brigade - Check out the Trailer and the Preview Twitch Stream

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Press Releases, News and Events from Matrix >> Armored Brigade - Check out the Trailer and the Preview Twitch Stream Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Armored Brigade - Check out the Trailer and the Preview... - 10/9/2018 7:51:48 AM   
Daniele

Hi everyone,

The trailer was epic and so Preview Stream! Have you missed them? Fear no more!

The trailer is on Youtube here. We are uploading the stream on Youtube as well, but you can still watch it on Twitch here.
Post #: 1
RE: Armored Brigade - Check out the Trailer and the Pre... - 10/9/2018 10:43:33 AM   
wodin

Superb

(in reply to Daniele)
Post #: 2
RE: Armored Brigade - Check out the Trailer and the Pre... - 10/9/2018 12:17:35 PM   
Capitaine

Very nice trailer. Hope the game matches it somewhat.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 3
RE: Armored Brigade - Check out the Trailer and the Pre... - 10/9/2018 12:30:31 PM   
76mm

Having watched the trailer, I'm a bit confused...are all of the scenes in the trailer from the game? I did not think that it featured a 3D component?

(in reply to Capitaine)
Post #: 4
RE: Armored Brigade - Check out the Trailer and the Pre... - 10/9/2018 12:45:02 PM   
Daniele

The trailer had mostly 3D models of units featured in the game. The game plays on top-down real maps. The Gameplay stream made by XTRG should give you enough information on the visuals and gameplay mechanics. I would say it's a cross between Close Combat and Command Ops.

Check the preview here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pf4yA0iGH2s

(in reply to 76mm)
Post #: 5
RE: Armored Brigade - Check out the Trailer and the Pre... - 10/9/2018 7:12:35 PM   
76mm

Thanks for the links. And while I don't mean to complain, I would like to offer some constructive criticism: I am actually interested in this game, and would like to learn more about it, but my two choices to learn about it are:

1) a two minute trailer, most of which depicts games other than this one and which does not provide any feel whatsover for how this game plays; or

2) a two and a half hour video with a narrator whose only adjectives about the game seem to be "superb" and "incredible". Personally I stopped watching after about fifteen minutes, by which point the narrator was still going through a very nuts and bolts exploration of the scenario set-up screen. So again, no feel for game play...

Wouldn't it be possible to create a 2-8 minute video which focuses on how this game plays? Otherwise I will wait for the game comments and reviews in the forum after it comes out. In that event that it sounds interesting at that stage, I might be tempted to watch the two and a half hour "intro" video...

(in reply to Daniele)
Post #: 6
RE: Armored Brigade - Check out the Trailer and the Pre... - 10/9/2018 7:34:49 PM   
budd

Thought the video was very informative. The scenario creation looks pretty in depth. 76mm there's a good amount of gameplay if you fast forward the video. I haven't finished watching it all yet.

My first question is, can you toggle off those map symbols i.e. the trp symbols,way point lines, ect. He kept them on the whole time.

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

(in reply to 76mm)
Post #: 7
RE: Armored Brigade - Check out the Trailer and the Pre... - 10/10/2018 9:42:15 AM   
nikolas93TS

Hi,

Yes, you can toggle them off, it is really dependable on personal choice. Since XTRG is a very novice player to Armored Brigade, he took some extra time with features that would be done faster or differently by a more experienced player, but in general I am fairly satisfied how he handled most of the situations.

As far as I am aware, the marking department is planing a series of short videos coordinated with developers explaining some of the game features. Those should be helpful.

(in reply to budd)
Post #: 8
RE: Armored Brigade - Check out the Trailer and the Pre... - 10/11/2018 3:03:18 AM   
blanca12

Very nice trailer. Hope the game matches it somewhat.

(in reply to nikolas93TS)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Press Releases, News and Events from Matrix >> Armored Brigade - Check out the Trailer and the Preview Twitch Stream Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI