Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Question about expansions/DLCs

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Armored Brigade >> Question about expansions/DLCs Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Question about expansions/DLCs - 10/17/2018 5:22:57 PM   
Hexagon

First of all i need say that i have not a lot interest in the game when was announced, i am one of the "we want Steel Tigers and we want it NOW" guy but last days the videos showing game in movement where very persuasive at the point i want open a slot in my buy list for game even when is RTS (expect we can see soon that game mode using non RT model) but i need ask if you have any idea of whats going to be the model for game.

I am interested in know if you plan expand official content for game, being a "sandbox" style game i really want know if we can expect something like FOG2 with DLCs over the base game expanding content without need buy different games or different titles for different content (like in "Close Combat" serie).

Apart this even without expand title to other eras (WWIII in late 40s-50s or a WWII module) or battlefields (Arab Israel wars or Gulf War) i am curious of missing NATO and WP nations are going to be covered in future like France, Romania, Hungary, Italy and other "minors".

Thanks for you attention and hard work in game and sorry to ask this but for me is something that made me decide buy earlier or later.
Post #: 1
RE: Question about expansions/DLCs - 10/18/2018 7:11:34 PM   
Tamas

Thanks for your interest!

We have not made official plans yet on future content, but of course we would love to extend the number of armies and area of the world covered, if there is player interest.

(in reply to Hexagon)
Post #: 2
RE: Question about expansions/DLCs - 10/18/2018 7:18:26 PM   
Hexagon

Thanks for the reply, my point is if game has success (expect it has because looks very well for me even when i am more in turn model "Steel Panthers" style) you follow a FOG2 expansion model with all over base title (game looks heavy orientated to skirmish) and skip the "Close Combat" model with new content=new title something that divide a lot comunity and hurt players/customers and even the modders part.

Good luck and waiting more info

(in reply to Tamas)
Post #: 3
RE: Question about expansions/DLCs - 10/18/2018 7:48:35 PM   
Tamas

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hexagon

Thanks for the reply, my point is if game has success (expect it has because looks very well for me even when i am more in turn model "Steel Panthers" style) you follow a FOG2 expansion model with all over base title (game looks heavy orientated to skirmish) and skip the "Close Combat" model with new content=new title something that divide a lot comunity and hurt players/customers and even the modders part.

Good luck and waiting more info

I see, well, I can't really answer that because we haven't decided yet. :) I think there are arguments for both approaches, but my personal preference would be for DLCs for the main game, for sure.

(in reply to Hexagon)
Post #: 4
RE: Question about expansions/DLCs - 10/18/2018 11:08:44 PM   
budd

Besides the usual WW2 request, i'd like to see Arab Israel wars.

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

(in reply to Tamas)
Post #: 5
RE: Question about expansions/DLCs - 10/19/2018 9:57:58 AM   
Hexagon

Thank you for the reply.

For me in a game like this where battle generator is the core best expansion model is all over base game because a single DLC could sell the base game, looks like people want see WWII and Arab-Israel wars... well, you can release the DLC and do a pack with base game+DLC with a discount in base game for example and with this introduce new players into the game and if they like game sure are going to buy other DLCs to expand the options to play a good skirmish because sandbox games are like hunt pokemons you want have all them

The Close Combat model for me killed a lot the serie because sometimes you need a specific title to have certain mod you want and apart this not all titles in CC were at same tech level... is not the same keep update 1 game compared with 2-3 or more different games.

Expect we can enjoy game for years with a continuous expansion in game features and content.

(in reply to budd)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Armored Brigade >> Question about expansions/DLCs Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI