Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Operation Torch

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Mods and Scenarios >> Operation Torch Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Operation Torch - 11/25/2017 1:37:39 AM   
sPzAbt653

By accident, the release version of this scenario was not updated to handle the changed naval circumstances better, resulting in too high casualties to coastal fortress gun fire.

This version fixes that.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Operation Torch - 11/25/2017 1:54:56 AM   
Silvanski

quote:

ORIGINAL: sPzAbt653

By accident, the release version of this scenario was not updated to handle the changed naval circumstances better, resulting in too high casualties to coastal fortress gun fire.

What exactly needs to be changed to coastal batteries?

The TOAW Redux Dude

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 2
RE: Operation Torch - 11/25/2017 2:41:59 AM   
sPzAbt653

In the Editor > Deployment > Edit, at the bottom of the list is a Naval Attrition Divider. It is set to the default of ten. It needs to be reset to 100 [or more] to keep the Coast Batteries from getting too many shots at targets. It affects other naval stuff too, just like the Attrition Divider.

(in reply to Silvanski)
Post #: 3
RE: Operation Torch - 11/25/2017 4:02:16 AM   
Silvanski

quote:

In the Editor > Deployment > Edit, at the bottom of the list is a Naval Attrition Divider. It is set to the default of ten. It needs to be reset to 100 [or more] to keep the Coast Batteries from getting too many shots at targets. It affects other naval stuff too, just like the Attrition Divider.

That's the numbers I needed to know. Thanks Steve.

The TOAW Redux Dude

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 4
RE: Operation Torch - 11/25/2017 6:42:58 AM   
sanderz

quote:

This version fixes that.

So every scenario should have a value of say "100"? What about any old scenario that we import and "save as" does that change the value to 100? If not do you know if the game be patched to do so?

Are you aware of any other values not updated by "save as" that have serious consequences to game play.

I'm assuming patches won't include scenario updates, do you know if so will matrix be setting up a scenario bank (like VR designs) so that scenarios can easily be found and updated - because if the only way is digging through lots of forum posts then that really is not good.

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 5
RE: Operation Torch - 11/25/2017 7:19:47 AM   
Tamas

The plan is that we will include scenario updates (hopefully new scenarios as well) in patches, yes.

We are also looking into how best to facilitate the uploading and downloading of scenarios, to make it as user friendly as possible. But please do use this forum for that in the meantime, we will give everyone a heads-up well in advance once we start implementing a new solution.

(in reply to sanderz)
Post #: 6
RE: Operation Torch - 11/25/2017 9:23:23 AM   
sPzAbt653

quote:

So every scenario should have a value of say "100"?

The Naval Attrition Divider is used just as the Attrition Divider. Players need not be concerned with either, they are parameters for the scenario designers. Importing pre-TOAW IV scenarios to TOAW IV and 'saving as' never changes scenario parameters, it updates to the IV game engine.

If you really want to know more about Attrition Dividers [and again, as a player you do not need to know], go here first, then see the paragraph below taken from the What's New:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3045873

Naval Attrition Divider: This is the same as the normal Attrition Divider, but applies to naval combat only. The normal Attrition Divider does not affect naval combat. A setting of 10 is neutral. A setting of 5 doubles shots. A setting of 20 halves shots, etc. Note that it also scales naval combat supply costs. See Appendix I.

(in reply to sanderz)
Post #: 7
RE: Operation Torch - 10/18/2018 2:17:14 PM   
clearlove

This scenario has a funny problem.Many alied ships has no weapon that their attack is 0.That's so terrible.

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Mods and Scenarios >> Operation Torch Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI