Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Game runs 1st time but not after that.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich >> Tech Support >> Game runs 1st time but not after that. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Game runs 1st time but not after that. - 6/10/2018 10:38:21 PM   
Lachie

Hi,
I have just bought 'Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich' on the D-DAY30 promotion.
I installed it on my 'D' drive & it installed just fine (also the 1.03 Patch).
I then ran it for the first time and seemed to be ok except for very severe lagging.
So I exited the game back to my desktop only to see the game had altered my desktop display and I could not run the game again.
I keep getting a 'Font Init' error & it stops loading game.
What I have to do is uninstall the game & reboot my system to get my normal desktop display again.
Same issues every time I install game & run it.

My system Specs are:-
Windows 10 Home (64bit)
Intel i7 7700 CPU 3.60GHz
16gb RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 video card
All drivers & updates have been installed.

I could really do with help on this after spending just over £26 on a game that runs once
with lagging that is criminal as well as buggering up my system & not running again after
that until it's re-installed.
PLEASE SOMEONE HELP.
Post #: 1
RE: Game runs 1st time but not after that. - 6/10/2018 11:48:33 PM   
simovitch

How does it run when you run it in windowed mode? Have you tried downloading DXWnd and running the game through that?

See the readme that came with the patch 1.03 because you need to remove the compatibility flags set by the installer the first time you run dxwnd.

< Message edited by simovitch -- 6/11/2018 12:17:59 AM >

simovitch

(in reply to Lachie)
Post #: 2
RE: Game runs 1st time but not after that. - 7/22/2018 5:15:55 PM   
Scotters1

Look at the general discussion thread and try downloading and running a program called dxwnd. Read the readme file in BOTR on how to use it. I have a thread in the general discussion area where I am just trying to get the game to run well in full screen, and I think I am close to getting it figured out.

(in reply to simovitch)
Post #: 3
RE: Game runs 1st time but not after that. - 11/10/2018 11:48:30 AM   
davidjruss

Has anyone had any luck running v1.03 more than once before getting the " couldn't init font" pop-up message.

I have tried running with and without DXWND but cannot yet get EDTBTR to run. I presume those still playing are using a version before 1.03.

Anything would be appreciated.

DavidR

(in reply to Scotters1)
Post #: 4
RE: Game runs 1st time but not after that. - 11/12/2018 7:08:55 PM   
Johnmar

I posted something recently about the same thing. I have 1.03, and also was getting couldn't init font message regularly. It basically froze up my PC as well as not letting me play the game. I don't have great computer knowledge or skills, random clicking at various points on one of the start up videos got me started once or twice , but the vast majority of attempts to start up failed.
I don't understand also how DXWND works, so didn't attempt to use it.
However I'm now two months into successful playing after stumbling onto a fix. I disconnect from the internet, close down any search pages that are open, and also any other programmes
that might have been left running. At start up with the initial videos playing I double click in one of the frames ( It's the one with the '0's' and '1's' flashing across the screen ) and its worked everytime. I don't know why, and it may well be that clicking on a specific screen isn't necessary, but I'm loathe to change anything that's working so that's the process I'm sticking with. Hope that helps, I know before I chanced upon my fix I was resigned to binning the game but glad to have it back.

(in reply to davidjruss)
Post #: 5
RE: Game runs 1st time but not after that. - 11/15/2018 3:03:43 AM   
simovitch

When all else fails try running the game in windowed mode. start the game, go to options and select "use windowed mode" and then exit and restart.

simovitch

(in reply to davidjruss)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich >> Tech Support >> Game runs 1st time but not after that. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI