Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Submitted Scenarios

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> Mods and Scenarios >> RE: Submitted Scenarios Page: <<   < prev  23 24 [25] 26 27   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 11/15/2018 6:50:50 PM   
Big Ivan

Blitz call sign Big Ivan.

(in reply to rico21)
Post #: 721
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 11/15/2018 8:03:20 PM   
KingHunter3059

Interesting - I thought it might be a Mod Issue. Perhaps a version issue?
-

Attachment (1)

JT

"He who dares, wins!"

(in reply to rico21)
Post #: 722
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 11/15/2018 9:27:07 PM   
rico21

Not at all, it's a party problem.

(in reply to Big Ivan)
Post #: 723
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 11/16/2018 12:15:30 AM   
UP844

I am an incommensurable idiot .

I inadvertently disabled the "View Exit Hexes" option. I apologise to everybody (including the Ayatollah/Party Chairman) for making such a huge mess because of a stupid mistake I made.

Please delete this thread.

I think I will take a sabbatic period.

Chasing Germans in the moonlight is no mean sport

Siegfried Sassoon

Long Range Fire (A7.22)........1/2 FP

(in reply to rico21)
Post #: 724
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 11/16/2018 1:35:26 AM   
technikzauberer

Design Contest Entry [Was to be the first in a series of back to back scenarios or a CG]

TotHSDCxx: Clash at Le Valtru
Date: 29 June 1944

Background/History: Operation Epsom.
By the third day, constantly shifting battle lines with the taking, losing and retaking objectives combined with often very confused
heavy fighting and losses, shaped the ‘norm’ for the operation. This scenario portrays hastily setup recon and organic support elements of
the German 10SS in makeshift indirect fire support for the SS Division’s larger drive towards Hill 112 when they are descended upon by
forces of the British 15th Division that had pushed around and were now aiming for reclaiming the Odon River bridges leading to Gavrus.
Can the German gaggle shift to halt the advance and inflict enemy losses without themselves being decimated in the process?

Units:
British 15th Div - 2nd Argyll and Sunderland Highlanders, supported by 7th Royal Tank
German 10th SS Panzer Div - SSAufklärungs10 [recce/forward fire support attachments], reinforced by free units of the 10ss Panzer regiment.

Scenario Pattern: British ->] German
Scenario Length: 8 game turns
Visibility: Day, LOS 12 hexes
Map: Custom 20x16 Map
Terrain: Woods, Brush, Structures, Hill, River, Bridges

Game Configuration/Settings Recommendations:
Play Mode - German[Human] <> British[Computer]. Must only be played in this mode, the British units are set to be controlled only by AI.
Difficulty - Very Hard
Fog of War - Enabled
Path Quality - High
If a Side Loses All Units, a Scenario/CG Ends - Unticked

Victory Conditions/Objective: Both sides count VPs for owning VP locations. Germans must stall the attack by holding the VP locations and
inflict enemy losses while minimizing their own. The Scenario Outcome final victory level is modified by a victory condition/calculation.
Victory Calculation: On the final Scenario Outcome; if the British VP KIA point total is greater than the German VP KIA point total,
subtract the difference from the German VP total to determine the true outcome of victory/defeat level [MajorV/MinorV/Draw/MinorD/MajorD].

Scenario Designer: Franz Miklautsch [technikzauberer] technik@frontier.com
Designer Notes: Within the short timeframe of the scenario [8t], there is no way the British can reach/take the bridges. So within the time
alloted, it's all about the British pushing forward and maintaining enough force and momentum to continue on while for the Germans to break
up that force without sacrificing too much, since not much help would arrive in time to curtail any future regroup/resurge to the bridges.
I created/tested this effort when I should have been sleeping [or working].

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by technikzauberer -- 11/16/2018 1:37:48 AM >

(in reply to UP844)
Post #: 725
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 11/16/2018 2:19:58 AM   
Hailstone

Thanks for your scenario technikzauberer and I'm anxious to try it out.

(in reply to technikzauberer)
Post #: 726
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 11/16/2018 2:32:07 AM   
Hailstone

Ah, I don't know if it's me but the scenario won't work for me. Seems during set-up there are no units to set up yet the entry hexes are on the map.

(in reply to Hailstone)
Post #: 727
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 11/16/2018 2:50:50 AM   
Hailstone

Oh, I get it now, the Clash at Le Valtru scenario is to be played only from the defensive side. I figured it out when I used the Editor and saw the Brittish (the attackers) were AI-Controlled only. It's a very new design approach.

(in reply to Hailstone)
Post #: 728
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 11/16/2018 3:12:14 AM   
technikzauberer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hailstone

Oh, I get it now, the Clash at Le Valtru scenario is to be played only from the defensive side. I figured it out when I used the Editor and saw the Brittish (the attackers) were AI-Controlled only. It's a very new design approach.

Was given very distinct design parameters: to be played via only one side, with a provided map and include particular units.
Also designed with very specific environment settings and a VP tweak [scenario text/description is key]

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4518189

Enjoy!

(in reply to Hailstone)
Post #: 729
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 11/16/2018 9:16:14 AM   
Big Ivan

Yes, Thank You technikzauberer (Franz) for your scenario!!

Big Ivan

(in reply to technikzauberer)
Post #: 730
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 11/16/2018 10:39:25 PM   
Hailstone

Clash at Le Valtru is a fine scenario. Most of the battle centered in the middle trying to hold that victory hex against everything the AI could throw
at me. We went back and forth holding, losing, and capturing that hex. There was some action at the southernmost victory hex with AI units pouring

out of the woods and almost capturing that hex but, for the intervention of the reinforcements, the AI failed to reach their objective. Thanks again, technikzauberer!

(in reply to Big Ivan)
Post #: 731
After Sowchos and Desperate... - 11/18/2018 12:41:08 PM   
rico21

Pulling Out
Staroye Ustinovo, Russia 1942-08-05.
A light howitzer battery was surrounded by enemy infantry and half a dozen Russian tanks from the 29th Tank Brigade. The
situation was a stalemate; the German force with its howitzers were powerful enough to keep the Russian tanks at bay, but
lacked the offensive capability to break out. A company of German tanks, including some captured T-34s, supported by mechanized
infantry, was ordered to break the siege.

Russian(Elements of 20th Tank Brigade, 20th Army) -->[ German((Elements of 3 Batterie, I Battalion, Artillery Regiment 36 / 2nd
Companie Kradschutzen-Battalion 36, 36th Infantry Division / Reinforced elements of 8 Company, II. Abteilung, Panzer Regiment 3)

Best played on German SIDE first / with LOS: 12 Hexes / with RULE: German fire first, captured T-34s == PZ IV F2
/ with MOD: Yours / etc.

Scenario Length: 6.5 Game Turns
Victory objective: The side with the required Victory Points is the winner. Both sides gets VPs for owning VP Objectives.
Scenario designer : ASL'Men [ Friendly Fire Pack 9 ID:FrF71 ]

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Big Ivan)
Post #: 732
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 11/19/2018 10:54:21 PM   
slaphappypappy

I can only gain a draw in Desperate Measures so far.
Tough scenario.

(in reply to rico21)
Post #: 733
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 11/20/2018 8:34:26 AM   
Big Ivan

Nice job Tom!

You did better than I did on Desperate Measures. I think I had a major loss.

Did you play with very hard difficulty?

Did the SU-100's show themselves? They never did when I played it.

(in reply to slaphappypappy)
Post #: 734
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 11/20/2018 2:05:46 PM   
slaphappypappy

I played it 3 times to get the draw, therefore I had previous intel on enemy and still could only get a draw.

(in reply to Big Ivan)
Post #: 735
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 11/20/2018 3:14:53 PM   
rico21

Take your time!
German infantry ahead to discovered hidden Russian infantry, Panthers blow out any resistance.
Take a Victory point to oblige Russian units moving.
But, be safe, Su-100 is an urban legend.

(in reply to Big Ivan)
Post #: 736
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 11/23/2018 7:51:01 PM   
Hailstone

Han-Sur-Neid
Here's my first scenario and I hope you'll enjoy it. Happy Thanksgiving!

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Big Ivan)
Post #: 737
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 11/23/2018 7:59:18 PM   
Big Ivan

Thanks for the scenario Hailstone!

(in reply to Hailstone)
Post #: 738
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 11/24/2018 3:39:09 PM   
rico21

+1
Hailstone, you are a TOTH little devil!

(in reply to Big Ivan)
Post #: 739
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 11/25/2018 7:46:15 PM   
Hailstone

Here's another small scenario submitted for your approval.

Devil's Hill

Holland, September 19, 1944: Although the airborne portion of the "Market-Garden" Operation
centered around the siezing of vital bridges, heavy fighting occurred over control of the highway
section leading to the bridges as well. While parts of the 82nd Airborne fought to gain control
of the bridges at Nijmegen, other elements fought for control of the Kleve-Nijmegen highway.
One of the major objectives in the control of this highway was Hill 75.9, better known as
"Devil's Hill". Control of this high ground meant a complete overview of the highway below.
Even though German security troops operating in this area were small in number, when concentrated
in defense of a natural strong point such as this, these troops often put up strong resistance.
Such was the case when Company A of the 508th Parachute Regiment moved out to take "Devil's Hill".

Victory Conditions for the Americans is to secure three entrenchments from Hill 75.9. The Germans
have to prevent the Americans from capturing the three entrenchments.

Aftermath: Covering some 200 yards, the paratroopres' determined attack soon drove the German's
from the summit of the hill. But the Germans recovered quickly on the reverse slopes and counter-
attacked repeatedly throughout the day. By nightfall the Americans had gained control of the hill,
though by morning the Germans had returned and infiltrated the paratroopers' positions. Once again
the Germans had to be driven out from "Devil's Hill".

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Big Ivan)
Post #: 740
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 11/25/2018 7:53:29 PM   
Hailstone

Ooops, minor correction to Devil's Hill

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Big Ivan)
Post #: 741
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 11/29/2018 1:37:47 AM   
slaphappypappy

Good scenario, Hailstone.
It took me 4 tries and some luck to get a victory.
I got the 9-2 leader and the med and heavy mg's in the same hex to break on long range fire from three airborne squads.
I was just about to think this scenario can't be won, but you do need some luck.

(in reply to Hailstone)
Post #: 742
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 11/30/2018 5:24:32 AM   
Hailstone

Slaphappypappy, thanks for the feedback. I was able to take Devil's Hill a couple of times by concentrating all the American units
at the base near the southeast quadrant of that hill then take on one victory point at a time. It's the reinforcements that gave me
a nasty surprise and I ported over the scenario!

I will be putting out a few more scenarios soon so stay tuned!

(in reply to slaphappypappy)
Post #: 743
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 11/30/2018 4:14:14 PM   
Hailstone

Hey guys, I've made a few scenarios I would like to share. I'm recovering from cancer surgery so I occupied my time learning the Editor and creating new scenarios.

Hopefully, they would be worth downloading.

(in reply to Hailstone)
Post #: 744
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 11/30/2018 4:16:59 PM   
Hailstone

Silence That Gun

Foucarville, June 6, 1944: Foucarville was just one of several small villages behind Utah Beach
which were to be occupied to prevent German reinforcements from reaching the beach and the beach
garrisons from getting out. The first dozen paratroopers entered at 2 AM and after exchanging
fire with a battalion command post, withdrew to await reinforcements. At dawn, they re-entered
and the Germans withdrew to a fortified strongpoint at the northern end of the village. Judging
themselves too weak to storm the strongpoint, the paratroopers satisfied themselves with establishing
roadblocks and intercepting Germans withdrawing from the beaches until an AT Gun began to interfere.

Game Length: 6 turns

For the Americans to win they must capture the two VP's or kill the AT Gun crew.
For the Germans to win they must hold the two VP's or have the AT Gun crew survive.

Americans: Squads, MMG's, BAZ's, DC
Germans: Squads, HMG, MMG, LMG's, AT gun

Maps: #2, #3, #4

Aftermath: By 10:30 AM the paratroopers numbered nearly 80 men - but still not enough to take the
entire town. However, under the covering fire of a limited objective attack, Private John Lyell
was able to crawl forward to a position from which he could silence the gun with a grenade bundle
- although he was mortally wounded in the process. The strongpoint remained in German hands until
10 PM when suddenly many Germans threw down their arms. Duped by prisoners they had taken during
the previous night into thinking that a heavy naval bombardment was due to strike, they acted with-
out authority. Before the German leaders could intervene, the captive paratroopers quickly siezed
the discarded weapons and opened fire on their former captors.

Source: ASL Scenario 14, Silence That Gun, corrected version, 12/9/18

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Hailstone -- 12/9/2018 4:03:26 PM >

(in reply to Big Ivan)
Post #: 745
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 11/30/2018 4:18:24 PM   
Hailstone

Trapped!

St. Come-Du-Mont, June 8, 1944, Oberst Friedrich von ger Heydte's mixed force of paratroops and
grenadiers had held St. Come against constant pressure from American paratroopers for two days
but the Americans were already receiving relief from the beaches and his own forces were dwindling
under what seemed like constant bombardment. And now the Americans had cut the road to Carentan
from the south leaving him surrounded on three sides with only the flooded lowlands open to the
west. The time had come to break out to the south and reform in Carentan ... if he could.

Game length: 7 turns

German units: 1st line squads, MMGs, LMGs, MTRs.
American units: Airborne squads, MMGs, MTRs, BAZs.

For the Germans to win they must exit 10 squads or equivalent.
For the Americans to win they need to eliminate ten squads or equivalent.

Maps: #2, #4

Aftremath: Six times the Germans attacked in a futile attempt to clear the southern road - only to
melt away each time before the Americans' steady fire. Both sides of the road were littered with
German dead. Von der Heydte withdrew to the west, leaving 40 trucks and most of his equipment
behind. As they left, the Germans blew up the main road bridge - something they had prevented the
101st Division from doing for three days. Von der Heydte would be heard from again ... first in
Carentan, and six months later in Belgium when he would lead his paratroopers in a combat jump
behind enemy lines in the Battle of the Bulge.

Source: ASL Scenario 15, Trapped!

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Hailstone)
Post #: 746
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 11/30/2018 4:19:50 PM   
Hailstone

Night Assault

Kirchhellen, Germany, March 26, 1945: After dispersing an attack by the Wehrmacht 116th Panzer Division
the American Infantryman of the 120th Regiment were able to advance to positions near Kirchhellen Airfield.
The GI's watched helplessly as the airfields powerful flak guns, mounted high on open concrete towers, drove
back the men of the 117th Regiment. Knowing that any daylight assault would meet the same fate they waited
until darkness fell before beginning their attack.

Game length: 8 turns

For the Germans to win they must defend and hold the flak guns.
For the Americans to win they must capture the flan guns.

Germans: Squads, LMGs, Art, 88 AA flak guns
Americans: Squads, HMG, MMG, MTR

Map: #14

This is a night scenario with 2 hex visibility.

Aftermath: Advancing in the darkness the GI's were able to rout the few defenders and destroy the flak guns
without losing a man. The advance moved forward from the airfield on the following morning.

Source: WWW Scenario 98, Night Assault

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Hailstone)
Post #: 747
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 11/30/2018 4:21:48 PM   
Hailstone

Le Paradis

France May 26, 1940: The Germans were pushing north of the La Bussee canal against the southern
defensive positions of the British Expeditionary Force (B.E.F.) North of Betune the British were
holding the village of Le Paradis as the enemy launched another assault.

Germans to win they must capture 4 VP's.
British to win must defend and hold VP's.

Game length: 7 turns
Maps: #4, #6

Germans: Squads, MMG, LMGs, DC's, AFV's
Brittish: Squads, MMG's, ATR's

Aftermath: Continually being attacked throughout the day by infantry and armor, the Norfolk's
held out until 17:15 hours when becoming short of men and ammunition then decided to surrender.
A sad sequel occurred when their SS captors massacred the prisoners with machine gun fire. The
German Company commander was later convicted and hanged for this crime after the war.

Sorce: WWW Scenario 84, Le Paradis

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Hailstone)
Post #: 748
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 11/30/2018 6:13:22 PM   
Paullus

Nice selection of scenarios there Hailstone.

I wish you a good recovery

For my part, I shall do my duty as a general; I shall see to it that you are given the chance of a successful action. /Lucius Aemilius Paullus

(in reply to Hailstone)
Post #: 749
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 11/30/2018 11:23:08 PM   
Cataphract88

quote:

ORIGINAL: Paullus

Nice selection of scenarios there Hailstone.

I wish you a good recovery

+1

Thanks for the scenarios, and get well soon.

Richard

(in reply to Paullus)
Post #: 750
Page:   <<   < prev  23 24 [25] 26 27   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> Mods and Scenarios >> RE: Submitted Scenarios Page: <<   < prev  23 24 [25] 26 27   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI