Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Optional directories for user downloaded images

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Optional directories for user downloaded images Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Optional directories for user downloaded images - 11/15/2018 5:23:20 PM   
bcbarnesRR

It would be really nice if there was a "user" directory under each of the database image directories, and maybe one under the database descriptions directory as well, where Command would look to find images/descriptions that were not found within the normal image/description directories. This would allow me to put my own images somewhere separate from the official ones so that I can delete all the official ones when doing an update (this was recommended once a while back, can't remember exactly why) without having to sort the mine.

Post #: 1
RE: Optional directories for user downloaded images - 11/15/2018 5:42:25 PM   
CV60

One way of doing this is to have a duplicate file somewhere else on your computer where you stored your personal images. Make copies of those images from your personal folder and move them to the Command folder, but leave the originals in your personal folder. When you need to delete the "official" images, you delete all the images, including the copies of your personal images that are in the CMANO folder, but those images in your personal folder are still on your computer. When you reinstall the "official" CMANO folder, simply make copies of your personal images from your personal folder and move them into the CMANO folder.

(in reply to bcbarnesRR)
Post #: 2
RE: Optional directories for user downloaded images - 11/16/2018 11:21:47 AM   
bcbarnesRR

CV60 - not a bad idea. One thing that would be nice, though is if it could scan the user directories first, so that I could supply my own images to 'replace' the ones provided by the game itself, without having to delete the games images. Of course, extending your idea, I could always just make a copy of the DB directory first, and then apply my images to it. That way, I'd have my own images separate, the images that came with the game separate, and the "final" images for the game to use. Lots of different ways to make this work.

(in reply to CV60)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Optional directories for user downloaded images Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI