Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Didn't play free version. Demo?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Armored Brigade >> Didn't play free version. Demo? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Didn't play free version. Demo? - 11/18/2018 11:05:37 PM   
kneecaps

Hi folks,
I never played the free version and the price of 60 NZD (weak kiwi dollar) makes this a purchase I cannot casually make.... is there a demo or is the free version available somewhere, I love the look (was a Steel Panthers long timer player and also a lot of 'Brigade Combat Team'!) and videos of the gameplay but want to really try it for myself before making the $$$ commitment :D
Post #: 1
RE: Didn't play free version. Demo? - 11/19/2018 12:49:01 AM   
Adam Rinkleff

Find a copy of Close Combat (any version) - this is a lot like that, with more maps, larger maps, more options, helicopters, and the ability to control a much larger force. Also, better AI.

(in reply to kneecaps)
Post #: 2
RE: Didn't play free version. Demo? - 11/19/2018 1:40:32 AM   
Missouri_Rebel

quote:

ORIGINAL: kneecaps

Hi folks,
I never played the free version and the price of 60 NZD (weak kiwi dollar) makes this a purchase I cannot casually make.... is there a demo or is the free version available somewhere, I love the look (was a Steel Panthers long timer player and also a lot of 'Brigade Combat Team'!) and videos of the gameplay but want to really try it for myself before making the $$$ commitment :D

It's out there. I just found it and fired it up but the difference between the two are so huge that I think it would put you off more than give you an idea. One is a basic hobby project with very limited aesthetics and very rough, the other is a professional release. I'd advise NOT getting the freeware version honestly.

I've only returned 2 games through Steam, one recently, but it is a nice feature. I'd check out the many videos on YouTube to get an idea.

**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford

(in reply to kneecaps)
Post #: 3
RE: Didn't play free version. Demo? - 11/19/2018 1:45:48 AM   
kneecaps

I own and have played almost every Close Combat significantly, thanks for suggestion though.

(in reply to Adam Rinkleff)
Post #: 4
RE: Didn't play free version. Demo? - 11/19/2018 1:49:40 AM   
kneecaps

quote:

ORIGINAL: Missouri_Rebel

quote:

Hi folks,

It's out there. I just found it and fired it up but the difference between the two are so huge that I think it would put you off more than give you an idea. One is a basic hobby project with very limited aesthetics and very rough, the other is a professional release. I'd advise NOT getting the freeware version honestly.

I've only returned 2 games through Steam, one recently, but it is a nice feature. I'd check out the many videos on YouTube to get an idea.

Thanks , if it were on Steam I would just give it a try knowing I could return...

I will take your advice on not trying the Freeware version. I've watched a few YouTube videos, will just checkout some more and come to a decision I think.

Thanks again!

(in reply to Missouri_Rebel)
Post #: 5
RE: Didn't play free version. Demo? - 11/19/2018 1:50:45 AM   
Missouri_Rebel

quote:

I own and have played almost every Close Combat significantly, thanks for suggestion though.

I don't get the comparison honestly. I'd say if anything it would be closer to if Command Ops and Steel Panthers had a love child and it was raised by Combat Mission and Flashpoint Campaign Red Storm.

**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford

(in reply to kneecaps)
Post #: 6
RE: Didn't play free version. Demo? - 11/19/2018 1:54:02 AM   
kneecaps

quote:

ORIGINAL: Missouri_Rebel

quote:

I don't get the comparison honestly. I'd say if anything it would be closer to if Command Ops and Steel Panthers had a love child and it was raised by Combat Mission and Flashpoint Campaign Red Storm.

Quite honestly I don't see it either :D Close Combat is so squad level focused, down to individual walls an hedges meaning the difference between life and death...

This really looks like a mix of 'Brigade Combat Team' and Steel Panthers with evolved combat mechanics.

Flashpoint Campaign is another one I've never tried but has caught my eye a number of times.

I've also spent a lot of time with the Command Ops predecessors COTA, Red Devils over Arnhem etc..

(in reply to Missouri_Rebel)
Post #: 7
RE: Didn't play free version. Demo? - 11/19/2018 1:56:42 AM   
Missouri_Rebel

I said Flashpoint only because of the time frame. Never played Brigade Combat Team

EDIT I guess some of it does remind me a bit of CC, mostly from the top down real time although I don't remember any command structure in CC. It always seemed like a map rush with that game. Tbh, it's been may years since I played it so maybe Adam is right.

< Message edited by Missouri_Rebel -- 11/19/2018 2:15:28 AM >

(in reply to kneecaps)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Armored Brigade >> Didn't play free version. Demo? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI