Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

T-80 has no smoke launcher ingame

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Armored Brigade >> T-80 has no smoke launcher ingame Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
T-80 has no smoke launcher ingame - 11/24/2018 8:49:36 AM   
gbem

this may be a bug or an oversight but the T-80B and BV ingame has no smoke launcher despite smoke being universal on the T-80 series since the 70s

" 902V Tucha

The "Tucha" smoke grenade dispersal system was universal between all Soviet armoured vehicles invented during the 70's, and was subsequently retrofitted to vehicles made before that. For some strange reason, the gunner - and not the commander - has access to the sole control panel for firing the grenades.

There are three variations of grenade layouts featured on the T-80 series. The T-80, T-80B and T-80U had their smoke grenades arranged on the front turret cheeks, which appears paradoxical: if the tank was hit in the front and the commander wishes to withdraw to a safer location, he may or may not be able to deploy a smoke screen owing to the damage received to the smoke grenade launchers. The damage may not necessarily have to be from a turret strike; a hit on the upper glacis with a HEAT round or an APDS round will invariably produce a large amount of secondary fragments, which will tend to be deflected into the turret face by the high slope of the upper glacis.

The T-80 and T-80B had a bank of five launcher tubes on the left hand side turret cheek, and only three launcher tubes on the right hand side, due to the L-4 spotlight being in the way."

here
Post #: 1
RE: T-80 has no smoke launcher ingame - 11/24/2018 10:20:03 AM   
nikolas93TS

It was introduced in 1979,if I recall correctly.

(in reply to gbem)
Post #: 2
RE: T-80 has no smoke launcher ingame - 11/24/2018 12:40:22 PM   
zacklaws

quote:

ORIGINAL: gbem

this may be a bug or an oversight but the T-80B and BV ingame has no smoke launcher despite smoke being universal on the T-80 series since the 70s

I have just checked in game all variants of the T-80 and they have smoke launchers and discharge smoke when requested to "Pop Smoke".

But the T-80BV AND T-80B, neither of them have smoke generators, but the T-80U does.

Also, regarding the T-80U, according to the information about its smoke screen, it is listed as "OFF (2/2), whatever the "OFF" means, the other T-80's do not have that term, but regardless, it still Pops smoke twice.

(in reply to gbem)
Post #: 3
RE: T-80 has no smoke launcher ingame - 11/24/2018 4:14:33 PM   
gbem

ESS has been a consistent feature since the T62... its weird that the T80 doesnt have it aswell

(in reply to zacklaws)
Post #: 4
RE: T-80 has no smoke launcher ingame - 11/24/2018 5:52:45 PM   
nikolas93TS

I just checked and all T-80 in-game have grenade launched smoke screens.

As for smoke generator, unlike prior Soviet tanks, the T-80 is unable to generate a fuel-based smokescreen from its engine, for fear of a potentially explosive result as it used gas turbine instead of regular diesel engine.

The error is that T-80U has also engine smoke generator, which I maybe mixed up with T-80UD which had diesel engine.

(in reply to gbem)
Post #: 5
RE: T-80 has no smoke launcher ingame - 11/24/2018 6:09:55 PM   
gbem

soo the T-80 doesnt have engine smoke... interesting... other sources state the T-80 has the engine smoke system but apparently it didnt... in any case the T-80U have its smoke generator removed next patch

(in reply to nikolas93TS)
Post #: 6
RE: T-80 has no smoke launcher ingame - 11/24/2018 6:20:24 PM   
dpabrams

Soviet vehicle smoke grenades were more offensive and sent their rounds far forward of the unit. They didn't work in the classic "break contact" move that NATO used. To pop smoke in a Soviet and retrograde is hard as reverse speeds are slow.

(in reply to gbem)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Armored Brigade >> T-80 has no smoke launcher ingame Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI