Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

A couple of questions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog >> The War Room >> A couple of questions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A couple of questions - 11/23/2018 8:43:38 PM   
VonWulfen

Hi all.
This is my first CC game and I have a few questions.
Can you switch between ammo types such as HE & AT etc?
My mortars, vehicles and some panzergrenadier seem to have a mix of ammo types but I can find a way to make them use specific types.
Could anyone recommend a good guide to the campaign map game-play and force allocation etc?
I'm good to go with combat but really struggling to understand the above aspects.
Cheers :)
Post #: 1
RE: A couple of questions - 11/23/2018 11:58:23 PM   
CGGrognard

Hi VonWulfen,

The unit will determine the appropriate type of ammo based on the target. So if you target a tank, the unit will load AP, unless it already had HE loaded. In this situation, the unit will fire off the round at the target, then load the appropriate shell type.
Your AT teams are most effective at shorter ranges. The range line will help you determine the effective range for the panzergrenadiers. However, the quality of your units will affect their accuracy. In my experience, it's best to keep AT teams on ambush and protect them with infantry.
It's been a while since playing PitF, but I recommend using armor as infantry support on most of the maps. Panthers are prone to immobilization when traversing brush and wooded areas. Try to keep them on roads, trails or stable ground.

Hope this helps.

"The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting." - Sun Tzu

(in reply to VonWulfen)
Post #: 2
RE: A couple of questions - 11/24/2018 5:19:00 PM   
VonWulfen

quote:

ORIGINAL: CGGrognard

Hi VonWulfen,

The unit will determine the appropriate type of ammo based on the target. So if you target a tank, the unit will load AP, unless it already had HE loaded. In this situation, the unit will fire off the round at the target, then load the appropriate shell type.
Your AT teams are most effective at shorter ranges. The range line will help you determine the effective range for the panzergrenadiers. However, the quality of your units will affect their accuracy. In my experience, it's best to keep AT teams on ambush and protect them with infantry.
It's been a while since playing PitF, but I recommend using armor as infantry support on most of the maps. Panthers are prone to immobilization when traversing brush and wooded areas. Try to keep them on roads, trails or stable ground.

Hope this helps.

Many thanks :)

(in reply to CGGrognard)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog >> The War Room >> A couple of questions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI