Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: This ever going to go to console?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Armored Brigade >> RE: This ever going to go to console? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: This ever going to go to console? - 11/26/2018 3:42:55 PM   
Issue8

I seriously doubt it.

Back when I used Windows a lot more, I remember various utilities that made controlling games (or any other programs) easier:

The last free Xpadder, (version 5-3) I think, allowed me to program gamepads with keyboard presses and macros. It should work with AB, but I haven't tested that in a long time.

Even better was a program called Glovepie that allowed the same thing, but it also included voice commands. That is really interesting to map all the hotkeys to voice commands!

Not sure if any of this works in Winders 10.
Post #: 1
RE: This ever going to go to console? - 11/26/2018 4:33:33 PM   
varangy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Issue8

I seriously doubt it.

I second this. Better use some extension.

(in reply to Issue8)
Post #: 2
RE: This ever going to go to console? - 11/26/2018 11:52:03 PM   
nubbin77

While I agree there is low chance of this going to console, I do hope now that xbox supports keyboard and mouse that Matrix / Slitherine and other traditional wargame makers start to seriously consider porting over their games to be available on xbox. It might sell only in small numbers (but isn't that the way of these types of games anyway?) but, I think that it might not be a tremendous effort to port something like these games and the xbox has the horsepower to run any of these games.

(in reply to varangy)
Post #: 3
RE: This ever going to go to console? - 11/27/2018 3:06:06 PM   
Mousehold

If your PC and television are far away from each other, but you have ethernet access at both ends or very good wi-fi, you might have some luck with the Steam Link. You'll need to install Steam and do some configurating[sic], but it will work with non-Steam games. It's regularly on sale (like right now) for $5... plus like $8 shipping or something weird.

I am able to use it comfortably with wi-fi, but I had to relocate my router to maximize reception at both ends.

If you're particularly brave, you might try playing with the Steam controller too. It's often bundled with the Steam Link for extra $$$. It replaces thumbsticks with thumb trackpads to make mouse-driven games more playable with a controller. It's a good idea. In theory.

(in reply to nubbin77)
Post #: 4
RE: This ever going to go to console? - 11/28/2018 3:43:42 PM   
BlackMoria

If your TV has a HDMI port, it is easy to connect the computer to the TV if your graphics card has a HDMI output port. Then you can use a bluetooth wireless keyboard and a wireless mouse from your favorite couch potato location and you should be all good to go.
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Armored Brigade >> RE: This ever going to go to console? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI