Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Why have the Germans changed the colour of their underpants?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Why have the Germans changed the colour of their underpants? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Why have the Germans changed the colour of their underp... - 11/28/2018 10:39:09 AM   
altipueri

When I start Arracourt it says Germans are Grey in the introduction (indeed, as Germans have been for much of my wargaming) but when I start to play the scenario they are actually brown. The Americans seem brown too albeit slightly different brown and lettering as opposed to green.

I went back to TOAW 3 to check my memory and they have definitely changed.

So, what has changed? I thought I did a standard install but it look like I'm loading the wrong graphics.

Post #: 1
RE: Why have the Germans changed the colour of their un... - 11/28/2018 2:19:38 PM   
Lobster

For some strange reason the game has shifted the colors for both sides in this scenario by -1.

< Message edited by Lobster -- 11/28/2018 2:20:57 PM >

http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

Q: What do you call a boomerang that doesn’t come back?
A: A stick.

(in reply to altipueri)
Post #: 2
RE: Why have the Germans changed the colour of their un... - 11/28/2018 2:36:44 PM   
piotre

You've made me wanna check, and you're right
This only happened after the 4.1.0.4 patch.
Now the Germans look like the Brits

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Lobster)
Post #: 3
RE: Why have the Germans changed the colour of their un... - 11/28/2018 3:37:10 PM   
piotre

BTW it's not a problem with the "Boardgame mod" I'm using: I've removed it and it's still the same.

(in reply to piotre)
Post #: 4
RE: Why have the Germans changed the colour of their un... - 11/29/2018 10:45:42 AM   
Oberst_Klink

quote:

ORIGINAL: piotre

BTW it's not a problem with the "Boardgame mod" I'm using: I've removed it and it's still the same.

Counter colours look fine to me... Want me to dump the .SCE in Dropbox for you lads to d/l it?

Klink, Oberst

Attachment (1)

My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.

(in reply to piotre)
Post #: 5
RE: Why have the Germans changed the colour of their un... - 11/29/2018 10:56:14 AM   
sPzAbt653

In Arracourt, I have brown German complex also, using 4.1.0.4. I tried a couple other scenarios and they looked ok.

(in reply to Oberst_Klink)
Post #: 6
RE: Why have the Germans changed the colour of their un... - 11/29/2018 11:26:09 AM   
Oberst_Klink

Here's the link to Dropbox.

I noted there's a .COL file, that somehow redefined the counter colours; don't ask me why. Un-ZIP it into the scenario folder. That should do the trick.

Klink, Oberst

My Blog & on Twitter.

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 7
RE: Why have the Germans changed the colour of their un... - 11/29/2018 12:49:07 PM   
piotre

Nope, still the same
I've unzipped your file in the "C:\Users\user\Documents\My Games\The Operational Art of War IV\Scenarios\WW II - West Front" folder, but nothing changed.
What's funny is the problem arose only after applying the 4.1.0.4 patch. I'm sure of that because I initially checked after reading altipueri's post, and everything was fine.
But I then remembered I was checking on my laptop where I hadn't updated the game yet. So I updated to 4.1.0.4, and sure enough, after updating, the colors were changed.
What's even funnier though is that the patch apparently didn't modify the Arracourt scenario files, because the files' dates were still the same as the original install

Post #: 8
RE: Why have the Germans changed the colour of their un... - 11/29/2018 1:00:46 PM   
Oberst_Klink

quote:

ORIGINAL: piotre

Nope, still the same
I've unzipped your file in the "C:\Users\user\Documents\My Games\The Operational Art of War IV\Scenarios\WW II - West Front" folder, but nothing changed.
What's funny is the problem arose only after applying the 4.1.0.4 patch. I'm sure of that because I initially checked after reading altipueri's post, and everything was fine.
But I then remembered I was checking on my laptop where I hadn't updated the game yet. So I updated to 4.1.0.4, and sure enough, after updating, the colors were changed.
What's even funnier though is that the patch apparently didn't modify the Arracourt scenario files, because the files' dates were still the same as the original install

You didn't update to 4.1.0.8? Anyway; what happens if you load the scenario into the editor?

Klink, Oberst

My Blog & on Twitter.

(in reply to piotre)
Post #: 9
RE: Why have the Germans changed the colour of their un... - 11/29/2018 2:39:44 PM   
sPzAbt653

I am still on .04 also, so disregard what I said. If we are to report accurately we must report on the latest version

Post #: 10
RE: Why have the Germans changed the colour of their un... - 11/29/2018 2:59:19 PM   
ttollefsen

Running 4.1.0.4 When I go into the editor and click on third column/second row the unit icon turns gray as you would expect. I will then save the file. When I load the file the icon is still gray. But if I edit the file a second time by clicking on the third column/first row the icon changes back to "British green" (even though the editor shows gray).

Attachment (1)

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 11
RE: Why have the Germans changed the colour of their un... - 11/29/2018 2:59:20 PM   
piotre

I'm on the "latest" version. Meaning that when I "check for update" I'm told I already have the latest version.
Looking at the patch notes, it tells me it's version 4.1.0.4

Where else can I check what version I have?

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 12
RE: Why have the Germans changed the colour of their un... - 11/29/2018 3:10:25 PM   
piotre

Ah, OK.
I see 4.1.0.8 was a hotfix.
I've applied it, but nothing changed.
The Germans have switched sides

< Message edited by piotre -- 11/29/2018 3:11:08 PM >

(in reply to piotre)
Post #: 13
RE: Why have the Germans changed the colour of their un... - 11/29/2018 3:27:47 PM   
piotre

Loading the scenario into the editor (version 4.1.0.8, Oberst_Klink files) makes no difference.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to piotre)
Post #: 14
RE: Why have the Germans changed the colour of their un... - 11/30/2018 7:46:41 AM   
piotre

Apparently this happened before the latest patches.

Look at the colors in this post from december 2017.

Mmmh, the plot thikens.

< Message edited by piotre -- 11/30/2018 7:48:17 AM >

(in reply to piotre)
Post #: 15
RE: Why have the Germans changed the colour of their un... - 11/30/2018 8:56:33 AM   
gerardo

On the Steam forums there is a guy complaining that the escarpment graphic turned blue, don't know if the bugs are related

(in reply to piotre)
Post #: 16
RE: Why have the Germans changed the colour of their un... - 11/30/2018 10:45:20 AM   
Oberst_Klink

Guys,

delete the .col file. That should work. I tried it with this .col, and the colours were screwed up. Deleted it, works fine.

Klink, Oberst

My Blog & on Twitter.

(in reply to gerardo)
Post #: 17
RE: Why have the Germans changed the colour of their un... - 11/30/2018 11:10:36 AM   
piotre

Nope, doesn't work even after deleting the .col file.
Not that it's a big deal, but I'm scratching my head trying to understand why it behaves like that, and I just can't.

Post #: 18
RE: Why have the Germans changed the colour of their un... - 11/30/2018 11:25:53 AM   
Oberst_Klink

Try the attached .GAM file; e.g. load it into the scenario editor. See if that worked.

Klink, Oberst

Attachment (1)

My Blog & on Twitter.

(in reply to piotre)
Post #: 19
RE: Why have the Germans changed the colour of their un... - 11/30/2018 1:49:07 PM   
Lobster

quote:

ORIGINAL: Oberst_Klink

that somehow redefined the counter colours; don't ask me why.

Someone would had to have done that intentionally and gotten it into the release.

http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

Q: What do you call a boomerang that doesn’t come back?
A: A stick.

Post #: 20
RE: Why have the Germans changed the colour of their un... - 11/30/2018 2:56:14 PM   
piotre

quote:

ORIGINAL: Oberst_Klink
Try the attached .GAM file; e.g. load it into the scenario editor. See if that worked.
Klink, Oberst

Yes, that did the trick .

1. Opened the .gam file in the editor (colors were right);
2. saved as .sce file;
3. opened the new saved scenario in game, colors were right.

Still no idea what happened though, but I'm happy.

Another question for you.
While looking for the files, I noticed there are two folders containing scanarios; one under the main TOAW install folder, and another under the documents/my games folder.

I thought scenarios were only stored under documents/my games/TOAW.
Was I wrong? Why the two folders? What's the difference?

Many thanks Oberst_Klink for the solution .

Post #: 21
RE: Why have the Germans changed the colour of their un... - 11/30/2018 4:26:48 PM   
altipueri

I just did a complete new install of the setup release 4,0,0,11 and the issue is there.

I suppose not many people play that scenario unless they are beginners and so wouldn't notice the uniform color change.

Anyway, you are allowed to shoot prisoners if they are caught wearing false uniforms aren't you? :)

(in reply to piotre)
Post #: 22
RE: Why have the Germans changed the colour of their un... - 11/30/2018 4:46:06 PM   
sPzAbt653

I did delete the offending COL file and here it did return the scenario to normal

Post #: 23
RE: Why have the Germans changed the colour of their un... - 11/30/2018 6:00:55 PM   
secadegas

"I did delete the offending COL file" and... it didn't work. Germans still look british units.

Not that I care much but just for the record.

Version 4.1.0.4 here

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 24
RE: Why have the Germans changed the colour of their un... - 11/30/2018 7:24:03 PM   
Oberst_Klink

quote:

ORIGINAL: secadegas

"I did delete the offending COL file" and... it didn't work. Germans still look british units.

Not that I care much but just for the record.

Version 4.1.0.4 here

Try the latest 4.1.0.8. It has to work. Works here. And I did not attend Hogwarts. Trust me.

Klink, Oberst

My Blog & on Twitter.

(in reply to secadegas)
Post #: 25
RE: Why have the Germans changed the colour of their un... - 12/2/2018 11:32:51 PM   
alwaysdime

4.1.0.8 does NOT work. I just installed the Steam version today and loaded up this scenario to try it. The Germans are brown as the OP mentioned. Like I mentioned clean install from Steam with NO mods installed. That's 2 of us seeing the same thing now.

Post #: 26
RE: Why have the Germans changed the colour of their un... - 12/3/2018 8:07:17 AM   
piotre

Apparently it's different for different people.
Deleting the .col file didn't work for me either (even though some don't believe it ).

What DID work however, was downloading the .gam file provided by Oberst_Klink in post #19 above, opening it in the editor and then saving as described in post #21.
Try it, it might work for you too.

Cheers.

(in reply to alwaysdime)
Post #: 27
RE: Why have the Germans changed the colour of their un... - 2/7/2019 4:08:14 PM   
alwaysdime

Has there been any activity in debugging this? I have put this game on the back burner since its unknown to a player if this is just a graphical bug or if unit stats could actually change. We just don't know what the code for the units are doing for affected units. Also is this limited to just this scenario or are others affected by this bug.

(in reply to piotre)
Post #: 28
RE: Why have the Germans changed the colour of their un... - 2/7/2019 11:04:04 PM   
larryfulkerson

quote:

I'm on the "latest" version. Meaning that when I "check for update" I'm told I already have the latest version.
Looking at the patch notes, it tells me it's version 4.1.0.4

Where else can I check what version I have?

Maybe we can use the timestamp for the different executables. This is what I have for timestamps.

Attachment (1)

If we're all created in the image of god then why aren't we all invisible?

(in reply to alwaysdime)
Post #: 29
RE: Why have the Germans changed the colour of their un... - 2/8/2019 1:55:49 AM   
BigDuke66

Latest version 4.1.0.21 or not?

(in reply to larryfulkerson)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Why have the Germans changed the colour of their underpants? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI