Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Mushrooms over Maizuru: Chickenboy (J) vs. AcePylut (A)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Mushrooms over Maizuru: Chickenboy (J) vs. AcePylut (A) Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Mushrooms over Maizuru: Chickenboy (J) vs. AcePylut... - 11/26/2018 5:50:26 PM   
rustysi

quote:

That is a very large IJA force. Is it worth the PP's changing the leader to save Singers another day or two or three? And who ever you put in command will be lost for the rest of the war. Something to consider.

Same feelings, but...

It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

(in reply to AcePylut)
Post #: 211
RE: Mushrooms over Maizuru: Chickenboy (J) vs. AcePylut... - 11/26/2018 7:04:43 PM   
Bullwinkle58

I think Percival replacement is 150 PP? Memory.

I did it in one PBEM and think it's a bad move on balance. If you have Forts 5 or 6 and a high Admin CO can buy you some replacements because you have 80k supplies, then yeah. Time gained is time gained. But the 150 would go better toward buying out a US Army ID.

The Moose

(in reply to rustysi)
Post #: 212
RE: Mushrooms over Maizuru: Chickenboy (J) vs. AcePylut... - 11/26/2018 7:49:02 PM   
AcePylut

A lot depends on what CB does. If he bombs Singapore until the supplies are gone, I won't spend the PP because I doubt I'd survive the river crossing against all that. If he assaults while I still have a decent fighting force, I'll change him out to do as much damage/disruption to the IJ during the river crossing, then change back for the rest of the siege. That's my best hope for delaying the fall of Singapore.

Against a usual sized Singapore assault - changing out the leader can make a huge difference. At least two weeks if not more. It's not just in repelling the first assault, but it's the amount of disruption the IJ suffers during that assault. The more disruption, the longer it takes to recover :) which means the longer the British flag still flies... but this isn't any "usual" sized force... so we'll see. It's a fluid situation for a singular approach.

(in reply to rustysi)
Post #: 213
RE: Mushrooms over Maizuru: Chickenboy (J) vs. AcePylut... - 11/26/2018 7:50:12 PM   
AcePylut

Honestly I think CB is going to bomb until he sees I'm out of supply. In that situation, no need to change Percival.

(in reply to AcePylut)
Post #: 214
RE: Mushrooms over Maizuru: Chickenboy (J) vs. AcePylut... - 11/27/2018 11:06:26 AM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

ORIGINAL: AcePylut

A lot depends on what CB does. If he bombs Singapore until the supplies are gone, I won't spend the PP because I doubt I'd survive the river crossing against all that. If he assaults while I still have a decent fighting force, I'll change him out to do as much damage/disruption to the IJ during the river crossing, then change back for the rest of the siege. That's my best hope for delaying the fall of Singapore.

Against a usual sized Singapore assault - changing out the leader can make a huge difference. At least two weeks if not more. It's not just in repelling the first assault, but it's the amount of disruption the IJ suffers during that assault. The more disruption, the longer it takes to recover :) which means the longer the British flag still flies... but this isn't any "usual" sized force... so we'll see. It's a fluid situation for a singular approach.

I always focus on fort building at Singers and PBEM players always try to stop it. He'll bomb for that reason, not to take you out of supply. I've never had the base fall where I didn't still have five-figures of supply. I usually get some in from Pbang.

I think you overestimate what a leader can do for you. Two weeks is wildly optimistic. The IJA assaulting have sky-high EXP and morale, and are impeccably led themselves. They don't need weeks to recover from the initial Shock attack. A replacement leader with high Admin can pull come devices in faster, but really the main variable for AV is how much you successfully retreated.

It's important to remember that the war won't be won or lost in Malaysia. It will be won or lost by the US. Getting those restricted IDs released is critical to a 1942 effort of any kind.

< Message edited by Bullwinkle58 -- 11/27/2018 11:07:53 AM >

The Moose

(in reply to AcePylut)
Post #: 215
RE: Mushrooms over Maizuru: Chickenboy (J) vs. AcePylut... - 11/27/2018 1:23:28 PM   
Encircled

Regarding the disbanding at a dot base plan, no arguments that its a good idea but a sneaky Japanese player can sometimes spot those things before they disband and then bomb or recon the port.

I'd be surprised if you don't give up some SIGNIT info as well.

(in reply to Bullwinkle58)
Post #: 216
RE: Mushrooms over Maizuru: Chickenboy (J) vs. AcePylut... - 11/28/2018 1:33:27 AM   
AcePylut

FowlMan has some company in town and he's playing tour guide... no turn until tomorrow at the earliest.

I'll post what I have at Singapore and see what you think about it's ability to withstand. Off hand, I think I have upwards of 800-900 raw AV. I'll have to check their guns and arty. The more I think about it - CB's got the rough equivalent of 5.5-6 divisions crossing the river. That's a heck of a lot more than I've experienced in the past, so there is a lot of merit in saving the PP in not changing out Percival.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Encircled

Regarding the disbanding at a dot base plan, no arguments that its a good idea but a sneaky Japanese player can sometimes spot those things before they disband and then bomb or recon the port.

To account for this, I keep a good eye on the replay to see if any of my ships are spotted. I also check their DL every turn.

IIRC - if the enemy catches wind of "radio transmissions" I believe, I think, but I'm probably wrong, that the TF will show a DL.

Also, to prevent a disaster - I'll spread the ships out among 3-4-5 bases when disbanded...

Further, I've got a number of B-17 squadrons and Cat squads in Oz. They will move up into the Southern DEI to augment search. The key is to avoid any surprise appearances.

(in reply to Encircled)
Post #: 217
RE: Mushrooms over Maizuru: Chickenboy (J) vs. AcePylut... - 11/28/2018 8:41:31 AM   
Encircled

Sounds like a plan!

(in reply to AcePylut)
Post #: 218
RE: Mushrooms over Maizuru: Chickenboy (J) vs. AcePylut... - 11/28/2018 5:12:20 PM   
rustysi

quote:

It's important to remember that the war won't be won or lost in Malaysia. It will be won or lost by the US. Getting those restricted IDs released is critical to a 1942 effort of any kind.

I couldn't agree more. Again I say, don't squander PP's.

quote:

Japanese SIGNIT is next to useless. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

quote:

Also, to prevent a disaster - I'll spread the ships out among 3-4-5 bases when disbanded...

I have some issues with 'hiding' at DOT Bases. As I've said you can't hide the Yamato behind a palm tree.

That said though, a relatively small vessel or two is fine.

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

(in reply to Encircled)
Post #: 219
RE: Mushrooms over Maizuru: Chickenboy (J) vs. AcePylut... - 11/29/2018 11:08:09 AM   
Encircled

quote:

Japanese SIGNIT is next to useless. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

If you get two good hits that show a route being taken by a convoy or a USN task force over two days it can be very useful, especially 1941-42

But yes, the SIGNIT is nowhere near as good as the allied one

(in reply to rustysi)
Post #: 220
RE: Mushrooms over Maizuru: Chickenboy (J) vs. AcePylut... - 11/29/2018 4:43:24 PM   
rustysi

quote:

If you get two good hits that show a route being taken by a convoy or a USN task force over two days it can be very useful, especially 1941-42

I don't disagree, but I've never had that, or I missed it.

(in reply to Encircled)
Post #: 221
RE: Mushrooms over Maizuru: Chickenboy (J) vs. AcePylut... - 11/29/2018 6:50:48 PM   
AcePylut

I should have decent search coverage over the avenues of approach into the DEI, the KB is far away gallivanting around the South Pacific, and I'll be out of range of IJ LBA at my "disband bases". It's all good discussion, but I don't really know the IJ SigInt capabilities, I just know it sucks compared to the Allies capabilities.

New turn is in… along with some interesting developments.

#1: An IJ sub about 10 hexes off of Pearl put a torp into a DD I converted to an AVD, and my AVD is now 20,000 feet under the ocean. A 4 DD ASW tf has been dispatched to deal with this evil submarine.

#2: An AVG CAP Trap worked again. I downed about 10-15 garbage bombers targeting a unit 1 hex east of Canton. My unit made it to Canton just in time to defend against another Deliberate Attack. The IJ attack came off at 1-2 odds – so I think I’ll have Canton shut down for at least another week or two. My AVG groups are ordered to stand down and recover fatigue.

#3: A lone IJ Tank Regiment crossed the Singapore River and promptly got routed. I would like this think that this was just a “missed mouse click mistake” by CB in forgetting to stop his movement… but it would be more prudent for me to believe this was a scouting expedition to see what I have at Singapore.

#4: An IJ Stack of 6! Infantry Divisions attacked 3 Chinese Corps at Wenchow and dropped forts to 1, but the adjusted AV was pretty good in my favor, the attack came off at 1-2.

#5: Main Body, we’ve spotted enemy carriers. The KB and a stack of numerous SCTF’s is 5 hexes west of Suva. I’m guessing the IJ 4tH ID is continuing its tour of South Pacific Islands and inbound to Suva. I’ve given the green light to send my transports to Tab and unload myself an INF Regiment. Other reinforcements are about 2 weeks out. I’ll take a look around OZ and see what restricted units I have (I do have a few) and see if I can’t launch a couple of counter-invasions “on the cheap” of some of the other islands recently conquered.

#6: My DEI CV Raiding force is on the march. I’ve sent a few B17 squads and Cat squads to Darwin. They will stand down a turn, then depart to various islands in the DEI for search duties.

< Message edited by AcePylut -- 11/29/2018 8:27:01 PM >

(in reply to rustysi)
Post #: 222
RE: Mushrooms over Maizuru: Chickenboy (J) vs. AcePylut... - 11/29/2018 7:53:46 PM   
Mike Solli

quote:

I don't really know the IJ SigInt capabilities, I just know it sucks compared to the Allies capabilities.

It really, really sucks. Here's my most recent intel from my game:

SIG INT REPORT FOR Dec 01, 43

Radio transmissions detected at Sydney (90,167).
Heavy Volume of Radio transmissions detected at Rockhampton (95,152).
Radio transmissions detected at Mili (136,121).
Radio transmissions detected at Seattle (212,52).
Heavy Volume of Radio transmissions detected at Noumea (115,160).
Heavy Volume of Radio transmissions detected at Vava'u (141,165).

That's the norm. Very rarely (maybe a couple times a year for me) I'll get intel that a TF is at a location. Nothing about its composition, just that it's there.

Created by the amazing Dixie

(in reply to AcePylut)
Post #: 223
RE: Mushrooms over Maizuru: Chickenboy (J) vs. AcePylut... - 11/29/2018 8:28:37 PM   
AcePylut

Thanks, I like to hear that! I've never really factored the IJ SIgInt as anything worthwhile, guess I was right. Just need to beware of long range search planes and the odd Glen I-boat.

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 224
RE: Mushrooms over Maizuru: Chickenboy (J) vs. AcePylut... - 11/29/2018 8:33:38 PM   
Mike Solli

You can pretty much calculate where the search planes can reach. But, those Glens are the best thing since sliced bread. They can find you anywhere!

(in reply to AcePylut)
Post #: 225
RE: Mushrooms over Maizuru: Chickenboy (J) vs. AcePylut... - 11/30/2018 2:33:50 AM   
AcePylut

Well hellfire and damnation... another turn is in the books.

I guessed right, the Imperial Japanese 4th Infantry Division is making a tour of the South Pacific. It was disembarked at the base to the west of Suva. I do have a couple of unrestricted Inf regiments of various denominations around Perth. I'm sending one over to Sydney. It will load on transports and seek to counter-invade some of the recently lost South Pacific bases. Chickenboy can't have reinforced all of those bases, yet.

Near Wenchow, I had routed a sub to try and get a pot shot in that BB, CL, DD tf that's been bombarding every other turn.... my SS will be in place in 2 more turns at the most. I setup an AVG captrap in Wenchow this turn, lets see how it fairs.

By the way, the BB Hiei (apparently sunk by 2 Dutchie SStorps about a month ago) still shows as being sunk. Lets hope this is real and not FOW.

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 226
RE: Mushrooms over Maizuru: Chickenboy (J) vs. AcePylut... - 11/30/2018 2:35:49 AM   
AcePylut

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mike Solli

You can pretty much calculate where the search planes can reach. But, those Glens are the best thing since sliced bread. They can find you anywhere!

I"ve got three subs near Marcus Island that are "sitting there" checking DL levels. So far, they've shown no DL levels, so no search aircraft are protecting this route. That means, in 1 more turn, when my Marine Raider unit arrives at San Fran, it will embark and head to Marcus to take this island for the Allies. About 4-5 turns before the unit invades, I'll stick a sub on the base and see if it develops any recon on possible LCU units

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 227
RE: Mushrooms over Maizuru: Chickenboy (J) vs. AcePylut... - 11/30/2018 5:22:56 AM   
BBfanboy

The sunk ships list for large ships can take six months, sometimes more, to be corrected or confirmed. I think the ones over six months are in the yards and when they reappear you get the un-sunk message. Two torps would not usually be enough to sink BB Hiei, but a series of very bad die rolls during the ship repair phases could have let the flooding run away. Just doesn't seem likely.

< Message edited by BBfanboy -- 11/30/2018 5:23:19 AM >

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to AcePylut)
Post #: 228
RE: Mushrooms over Maizuru: Chickenboy (J) vs. AcePylut... - 11/30/2018 12:33:04 PM   
AcePylut

6 months for confirmation? I thought it was 60 days for confirmation. Dang, now I'll be left hanging for at least 5 more months instead of 1 more month. The Hiei was hit in the DEI, about 10 hexes from Peleliu, and I didn't see her after she supposedly went down by either search (and we know how well the Dutchies spot ships lol) or sub, so I have more "hope" than usual that she's sunk. If she's still afloat, I'd bet she's still in Peleliu repairing as much damage as possible before the return to the Home Islands shipyards, so perhaps I should run a few recon missions over the base and see if it either spots a BB in port, or generates a "ship not sunk" message.

In a previous game, I've lost a modern US BB from one sub torp, 1 hex from a West Coast Port, so I know they can go down.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 229
RE: Mushrooms over Maizuru: Chickenboy (J) vs. AcePylut... - 11/30/2018 12:36:39 PM   
Mike Solli

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mike Solli

I"ve got three subs near Marcus Island that are "sitting there" checking DL levels. So far, they've shown no DL levels, so no search aircraft are protecting this route. That means, in 1 more turn, when my Marine Raider unit arrives at San Fran, it will embark and head to Marcus to take this island for the Allies. About 4-5 turns before the unit invades, I'll stick a sub on the base and see if it develops any recon on possible LCU units

Marcus?! This early in the war?!

(in reply to AcePylut)
Post #: 230
RE: Mushrooms over Maizuru: Chickenboy (J) vs. AcePylut... - 11/30/2018 1:43:33 PM   
AcePylut

If it's empty, I'll take it... at the very least, it would threaten the Marianas and the supply lines to the South Pacific... and cause CB to "retrace" his steps a bit.

From Grand Strategic point of view – if I can put 3-4 divisions on the Mariana’s in mid -42, I’ll have wrestled the initiative from CB. To do so, I need Marcus Island otherwise all my ships and troops will be sunk as they come into view of Saipan. If I do invade the Mariana Islands, I won’t have to “wait for carrier parity in ‘43 to shift initiative" – no… it’ll be all mine and from this point on, he will be on the defensive and I will be on the offensive. While I have no doubt that it could cost me a boatload of ships and all the troops I land, if he’s focused on protecting this vital bulge in his lines, I can move forward in other places.

And if he takes Marcus back before this can happen – that’s fine too, it makes him backtrack.

I want to take Marcus Island, then “do nothing” with it to lull him to sleep and make him believe I ‘just wanted this base because it was cheap for me to invade and I got trigger happy to do ‘something’”. If I take the island, if he doesn’t take it back, and if I lull him to sleep by doing nothing for a couple of months, then perhaps I can invade the Marianas and shift initiative.

I know the changes of all this falling into place is a long-shot … please understand that what I’m really doing is creating an option for the future. I’m doing these “creating options” plans in a bunch of different places. I hope that one or two of them will pan out.

I know the Japanese can go where ever they want in ’42 and my chances of stopping a well coordinated assault are close to nil….. but I dgaf. That’s all tactical and operational level stuff, and this game is won or lost at the Strategic and Grand Strategic level. The KB can only be in one place to “go where it wants” and if the KB is “here”, it’s not “there”, so “there” is where I will push… until the KB goes “there”, then I’ll move forward “here”. I need to drive that s.o.b. all over the map putting out “Allied generated fires” until that one critical mistake is made….

< Message edited by AcePylut -- 11/30/2018 1:48:30 PM >

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 231
RE: Mushrooms over Maizuru: Chickenboy (J) vs. AcePylut... - 11/30/2018 2:29:14 PM   
Mike Solli

Hmmm. You do realize that Marcus Island is an atoll with a 6k troop capacity, right? Also, the SLOC for you would be huge. It would basically be a self-contained POW camp. He could let them starve for a while with the occasional bombardment to accelerate the supply use, then take it with a regiment. Yeah, it would be somewhat of an inconvenience, but not much, IMHO.

(in reply to AcePylut)
Post #: 232
RE: Mushrooms over Maizuru: Chickenboy (J) vs. AcePylut... - 11/30/2018 2:45:03 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

6 months for confirmation? I thought it was 60 days for confirmation. Dang, now I'll be left hanging for at least 5 more months instead of 1 more month. The Hiei was hit in the DEI, about 10 hexes from Peleliu, and I didn't see her after she supposedly went down by either search (and we know how well the Dutchies spot ships lol) or sub, so I have more "hope" than usual that she's sunk. If she's still afloat, I'd bet she's still in Peleliu repairing as much damage as possible before the return to the Home Islands shipyards, so perhaps I should run a few recon missions over the base and see if it either spots a BB in port, or generates a "ship not sunk" message.

In a previous game, I've lost a modern US BB from one sub torp, 1 hex from a West Coast Port, so I know they can go down.

Only time I lost a modern BB to a torpedo, it had a magazine explosion. Very bad joss!

BTW, the Intel weenies (who all work for FOW International) always assume any torpedo or mine hit has sunk the victim.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to AcePylut)
Post #: 233
RE: Mushrooms over Maizuru: Chickenboy (J) vs. AcePylut... - 11/30/2018 2:52:23 PM   
Mike Solli

You can always tell if something really sank. Keep track of the number of enemy ships sunk and the point total in the intel screen. That's the true losses (not including those you aren't aware of yet). When you get your turn, check to see if it increases. If you get confirmation that something sank on a previous day, that'll be added on the day you got confirmation. You'll always be able to tell whether what is reported is true or FOW.

Edit: As a clarification, if the # ships/ship points does not increase, then either the ship didn't sink, or you are not yet aware the ship sank at that moment. So if you get a report of the ship sinking in the sunk ship screen, check in the intel screen. There you can confirm it really sank or it's FOW, maybe yes, but most likely no.

< Message edited by Mike Solli -- 11/30/2018 3:01:28 PM >

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 234
RE: Mushrooms over Maizuru: Chickenboy (J) vs. AcePylut... - 11/30/2018 5:41:53 PM   
Bullwinkle58

I just got confirmation of a sunk xAK 13 months after the event. I don't know if there's a limit.

True on the 1-fish intel point. Hit anything with a torpedo and it's "sunk."

Saipan has a naval fortress in stock. There is no way you can succeed in landing there in 1942 IMO. Against the AI I lost over 70 ships there in 1944.

< Message edited by Bullwinkle58 -- 11/30/2018 5:43:49 PM >

The Moose

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 235
RE: Mushrooms over Maizuru: Chickenboy (J) vs. AcePylut... - 11/30/2018 8:16:25 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

I just got confirmation of a sunk xAK 13 months after the event. I don't know if there's a limit.

True on the 1-fish intel point. Hit anything with a torpedo and it's "sunk."

Saipan has a naval fortress in stock. There is no way you can succeed in landing there in 1942 IMO. Against the AI I lost over 70 ships there in 1944.

I have taken Saipan by wiping out the Fortress with bombing and long-range bombardment by BBs, but it took a long time. Of course possession of Tinian and Guam made this possible, and the Japanese navy and air force could not interfere. Even then I needed embedded BBs/CAs with the amphibs to suppress the DP guns (up to 10.4 cm, IIRC). And it was in 1943, not 1942.

I think the biggest issue is that in cutting the IJ LOC to the Marianas you set up your own LOC to be interdicted by carrier and SCTF raids. Owning Midway and Wake would help tremendously but the key is owning or demolishing Truk.

(in reply to Bullwinkle58)
Post #: 236
RE: Mushrooms over Maizuru: Chickenboy (J) vs. AcePylut... - 11/30/2018 8:39:50 PM   
rustysi

quote:

at Wenchow and dropped forts to 1, but the adjusted AV was pretty good in my favor

Wenchow is a perfect defensive point for the Chinese, JR and a base. JR = x3 defense.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 237
RE: Mushrooms over Maizuru: Chickenboy (J) vs. AcePylut... - 11/30/2018 8:43:22 PM   
AcePylut

I'm not looking at this as a "take and try to hold forever" type operation... but more of a "take and draw the enemy forces here, for an extended length of time, letting me do stuff in other places"

And as soon as the KB moves to stop the bleeding in "other places", I can run in supply. Of course there would be action and ships lost, this would be a damn costly operation, in terms of ships lost, but if I can break the back of the IJ CA force in '42... I think what that would mean come '44, and the cost can easily be justified.

My ultimate goal is to drop a nuke or two on Japan - so I have to take that into consideration too :)

And lets not forget, this is all a long shot option. First things first - and that's "take and see how long I hold Marcus, if indeed Marcus can be captured by a Marine Raider LCU". It's also dependent on what CB does in the Aleuts. That flank needs to be covered for certain. I think I'd have to couple any optional Marianas operation with a push somewhere in the DEI, somewhere.

That would use most of my navy, so I'd also have to consider doing something where I don't need a navy, and that's India.

IDK. Layers upon layers upon layers of thoughts, operations, counter operations, decisions, and so on. I love this game :)

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 238
RE: Mushrooms over Maizuru: Chickenboy (J) vs. AcePylut... - 11/30/2018 8:44:04 PM   
rustysi

quote:

I"ve got three subs near Marcus Island that are "sitting there" checking DL levels. So far, they've shown no DL levels, so no search aircraft are protecting this route. That means, in 1 more turn, when my Marine Raider unit arrives at San Fran, it will embark and head to Marcus to take this island for the Allies.

Normally my early defense of Marcus includes at least on Naval Guard unit plus a small engineer unit with AS. About 2500-3000 troops, and those engrs' are building forts. That Marine Raider unit hasn't got a chance.

(in reply to rustysi)
Post #: 239
RE: Mushrooms over Maizuru: Chickenboy (J) vs. AcePylut... - 11/30/2018 8:52:35 PM   
rustysi

quote:

From Grand Strategic point of view – if I can put 3-4 divisions on the Mariana’s in mid -42, I’ll have wrestled the initiative from CB. To do so, I need Marcus Island otherwise all my ships and troops will be sunk as they come into view of Saipan. If I do invade the Mariana Islands, I won’t have to “wait for carrier parity in ‘43 to shift initiative" – no… it’ll be all mine and from this point on, he will be on the defensive and I will be on the offensive. While I have no doubt that it could cost me a boatload of ships and all the troops I land, if he’s focused on protecting this vital bulge in his lines, I can move forward in other places.

Sorry, but as a JFB this is pure fantasy IMHO. From the Japanese POV I'd say do it so i can wipe out 3-4 Allied ID's, most likely before you even make land fall.

My main hope as a JFB is to have my opponent do one of two things. Counter-attack either too early or too late. Too early and I can defeat him and set him back months or even a year. Too late and the costs to him will possibly prevent a win. Either is not easy to predict and impossible for me to engineer, but its Japan's only chance.

You are headed for doom with this operation against a player like CB. He's no rookie.

Edit:That being said, do it. I'd like to see the massacre.

< Message edited by rustysi -- 11/30/2018 8:54:35 PM >

(in reply to rustysi)
Post #: 240
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Mushrooms over Maizuru: Chickenboy (J) vs. AcePylut (A) Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI