Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Some appreciative feedback

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Armored Brigade >> Some appreciative feedback Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Some appreciative feedback - 12/1/2018 11:02:42 PM   
mekanopsis

Just bought AB having been hooked on the old version for a while. Everything is excellent as I expected. There are a couple of interface suggestions that sprung to mind.

- an option to pause the game when in fast time mode upon a new message appearing in the message window / or other events like new contacts. (Maybe new contacts should be reported in the message window.)

- an option to switch the terrain info pop-up to a fixed info-box.

(These are for the most part features I like in CMANO interface. The first being the only "must have" for me.)

- an option to make NATO unit symbols a brighter colour or larger or otherwise standout better.

- illumination mortar radius should be previewed with an outline before you fire the mortar.

It would be nice to get the quirkier factions like Sweden and Yugoslavia back at some point, but I'm sure the player base will implement plenty of new database content; other than auto-pause if I were Veitikka I would concentrate 100% of my development efforts on implementing multiplayer, because it is this that will ultimately develop the player base and online scene and spread the game's popularity!

Thanks

< Message edited by mekanopsis -- 12/1/2018 11:04:28 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Some appreciative feedback - 12/2/2018 11:37:08 AM   
Issue8

perhaps a hotkey that over-rides the unit info box and instead displays the terrain cell and info there? I can't remember right now if there is a hotkey to turn the terrain info on/off. If there is, then that hotkey should be used.

(in reply to mekanopsis)
Post #: 2
RE: Some appreciative feedback - 12/2/2018 5:51:38 PM   
Veitikka

quote:

ORIGINAL: mekanopsis

- an option to pause the game when in fast time mode upon a new message appearing in the message window / or other events like new contacts. (Maybe new contacts should be reported in the message window.)

This has been quite a common suggestion.

quote:

- an option to switch the terrain info pop-up to a fixed info-box.

I wonder what would be the best place for it?

quote:

- an option to make NATO unit symbols a brighter colour or larger or otherwise standout better.

Have you tried the larger UI scales?

quote:

- illumination mortar radius should be previewed with an outline before you fire the mortar.

Perhaps it should be shown when setting the target? Another suggestion has been to show mortar range circles when setting targets.

Know thyself!

(in reply to mekanopsis)
Post #: 3
RE: Some appreciative feedback - 12/2/2018 6:27:51 PM   
JiminyJickers

quote:

ORIGINAL: Veitikka

quote:

ORIGINAL: mekanopsis

Have you tried the larger UI scales?

The larger UI scale makes everything bigger, which obscures too much of the map. I would also prefer to just be able to scale the NATO symbols.

(in reply to Veitikka)
Post #: 4
RE: Some appreciative feedback - 12/5/2018 1:13:00 AM   
mekanopsis

Excuse my idiocy in using the quote markup:

- I'm fairly indifferent about the position of the fixed terrain info box; tacked onto the mini-map might be OK? Or maybe a status line, ala CMANO. (Why not learn from the best? ;) )

- UI scaling is ameliorating the problem about visibility of unit symbols, yes.

- Correct; preview the illumination radius when setting the target, that's what I meant in the first place.

(in reply to Veitikka)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Armored Brigade >> Some appreciative feedback Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI