Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Long term Game Hanging Up Jan 1946

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Long term Game Hanging Up Jan 1946 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Long term Game Hanging Up Jan 1946 - 12/6/2018 10:46:22 PM   
scout1

I have a long term game which is in Jan 1946 ..... And my recent attempt at running the turn is hanging up at the TF Returning to Port phase. Tried multiple times and keep getting the same result. I sent my password to my opponent to see if he could run it and got the same result as well .... Any of the programmers willing to take a look at this. My opponent deserves to complete his feeble attempt at taking Tokyo after all ....
Post #: 1
RE: Long term Game Hanging Up Jan 1946 - 12/7/2018 4:53:19 AM   
BBfanboy

I vaguely recall someone having wonky things happen when he had over 1000 ships in a port. Do either of you have that situation? (If Japan does, congratulations!).

Is the Game date Jan. 01 or later in January? What scenario?

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to scout1)
Post #: 2
RE: Long term Game Hanging Up Jan 1946 - 12/7/2018 12:35:34 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

I vaguely recall someone having wonky things happen when he had over 1000 ships in a port. Do either of you have that situation? (If Japan does, congratulations!).

Is the Game date Jan. 01 or later in January? What scenario?

The 1000 ships in port thing had to do with them not displaying when you open the port screen. Not sure about the hang up.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 3
RE: Long term Game Hanging Up Jan 1946 - 12/7/2018 5:21:43 PM   
rustysi

Did you try to re-run the day before, and just do the turn over?

It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 4
RE: Long term Game Hanging Up Jan 1946 - 12/7/2018 7:49:33 PM   
tanksone

Hi, we have already dealt with the 1000 ship in the base issue. Their is no stacking rules so we both have a few troops in Tokyo. I also have a two air bases in Japan with 1000+ planes(mostly 4 engine bombers). Oh and my honorable opponent forgot to mention that the Allies had auto victory in the fall of 44 . We decided to play out the capture of Tokyo.... btw before this aberration hit the forts were knocked down to level 6 and IJ units were melting

(in reply to rustysi)
Post #: 5
RE: Long term Game Hanging Up Jan 1946 - 12/7/2018 9:44:14 PM   
Zorch

It's the game's way of telling you to get a life.

(in reply to tanksone)
Post #: 6
RE: Long term Game Hanging Up Jan 1946 - 12/8/2018 6:22:07 PM   
rustysi

quote:

It's the game's way of telling you to get a life.

The game is life.

It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 7
RE: Long term Game Hanging Up Jan 1946 - 12/8/2018 6:52:45 PM   
scout1

quote:

ORIGINAL: tanksone

Hi, we have already dealt with the 1000 ship in the base issue. Their is no stacking rules so we both have a few troops in Tokyo. I also have a two air bases in Japan with 1000+ planes(mostly 4 engine bombers). Oh and my honorable opponent forgot to mention that the Allies had auto victory in the fall of 44 . We decided to play out the capture of Tokyo.... btw before this aberration hit the forts were knocked down to level 6 and IJ units were melting

Our closest previous untainted save was about 10 days earlier and seems to be working out OK thus far ….

As to my esteemed opponent comments, though his facts are regrettably somewhat accurate, it was no oversight on my part ….

(in reply to tanksone)
Post #: 8
RE: Long term Game Hanging Up Jan 1946 - 12/10/2018 12:37:02 PM   
Yaab

This is the Divine Pixelwind protecting the Home Islands form the Allied invasion.

(in reply to scout1)
Post #: 9
RE: Long term Game Hanging Up Jan 1946 - 12/10/2018 4:18:44 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Yaab

This is the Divine Pixelwind protecting the Home Islands form the Allied invasion.

Did the Gods eat too many soya beans?

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to Yaab)
Post #: 10
RE: Long term Game Hanging Up Jan 1946 - 12/13/2018 10:48:09 PM   
scout1

Nope, I'm thinking this is a real software issue …..

I usually start the turn execution and go about my business periodically checking to see if complete. I noticed it hung up. Same point, TF Return to port for Cycle 1. I moved the mouse and screen/map around and it behaved like it should, like before but w/o any progress. About a minute later the turn was working thru its execution. Got to Cycle 2 and froze again. Same point, TF Return to Port. Again I moved the mouse around and screen behaved itself …. after a minute or so, turn execution progressed again. Got to end of turn.

Not a hard hang up this time but needed a kick in the butt .... thinking a hard freeze is coming next turn.

Have save turn if there are any of the software guys still lurking about ......

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 11
RE: Long term Game Hanging Up Jan 1946 - 12/14/2018 4:21:01 AM   
Alfred

There is no programmer assigned to undertake maintenance.

Based on the total lac of meaningful data provided, the most likely candidate for the hang up is a conflict between having already achieved an auto victory in 1944 and again meeting the conditions for an auto victory in 1946 but then having the victory downgraded due to the current game date.

Alfred

(in reply to scout1)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Long term Game Hanging Up Jan 1946 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI