Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

CAP Question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> CAP Question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
CAP Question - 12/9/2018 5:58:53 AM   
histgamer

I'm playing a PBEM game vs a human opponent and sending a stronger Force Z into Mersing to hit an enemy landing force. I know it will get detected and probably destroyed via air. The question I have is, if I'm putting Buffalo's into long range cap out of Singapore (I have 48 of them there and 11 Dutch fighters from Sumatra in range for LRCAP) what's the best altitude to operate at? I'm torn between sending them to 25,000 to try and avoid the Bounce from his fighters and flying lower so they can effectively engage his GM-4s and 3s which are likely coming in under 10,000. Can anyone help me? What are my best chance to hurting his bombers? Does a big altitude discrepancy matter? Will it make me less effective trying to hit his bombers?

Also if I can fit 10 more fighters on Sumatra to provide CAP should I? I have 11 Fighters right now operating out of a 1 AF with 11 Aviation support. If I add another 10 fighters I'll be over stacked for the Aviation Support, will that matter? Would I be better off with 11 or 21?
Post #: 1
RE: CAP Question - 12/9/2018 10:48:57 AM   
GetAssista

Choose your priorities: you want to avoid the bounce or you want be in a position to get to the bombers and protect yor ships?

Avsupport repairs damaged planes. You can do short term CAP ever w/o avsupport at all from a completely empty base (with some supplies), but you should plan on how you would extract damaged planes afterwards. One-time CAP from level 1 airfield is ok with 2x less support, you just do the turn, transfer all flying planes out and wait for the damaged ones to be repaired. Continuous CAP is not sustainable, especially with service 2+ fighters

(in reply to histgamer)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> CAP Question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI