Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

true update error No. 99

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Tech Support >> true update error No. 99 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
true update error No. 99 - 3/9/2003 12:03:46 AM   
elcid

I have failed to upgrade to UV 2.3 twice, both times obtaining an "error number 99 at line 2" -

what does that mean? I will try to download the file without using true update meanwhile and see if it installs.
Post #: 1
- 3/9/2003 1:03:08 AM   
Weathersfield

I would like to know also. I have never been able to use true update, it always fails with that same error. The ftp site has worked for me.

(in reply to elcid)
Post #: 2
- 3/13/2003 12:40:08 AM   
Hard Sarge

I just uninstalled and reinstalled the game and trying to get the patches, I also get the error line 2 message, which when 2.3 came out I got it then also

?

HARD_Sarge

(in reply to elcid)
Post #: 3
- 4/8/2003 5:00:11 AM   
brisd

I got same error each time I used True Update to upgrade from 2.2 to 2.3. I tried it several times throughout the day. I finally tried directly downloading from this site and after a few times stopping d/l about 1/3 through, I finally got the zip file. I installed it from the UV directory and had no error messages. I have not yet tried to play UV but when I did a True Update check of latest version, that program said something like UV is improperly installed. I will try running game as is but advice for Matrix: True Update needs some work, 2nd time this auto-update has not worked for me.

"I propose to fight it out on this line if it takes all summer."-Note sent with Congressman Washburne from Spotsylvania, May 11, 1864, to General Halleck. - General Ulysses S. Grant

(in reply to elcid)
Post #: 4
Untrue Update - 4/19/2003 7:53:21 AM   
Greybear46

"True Update" needs to be renamed. How about "Untrue Update"? It's difficult to have any confidence in a company that produces an update program that fails.

Now I have to download four files off of a slowwwwwww Matrix server that chokes more than the K-State baseball team.

Chuck

(in reply to elcid)
Post #: 5
- 4/19/2003 10:55:35 AM   
Mr.Frag

True Update works perfectly with a high speed internet connection. Not really Matrix's fault that you are in one of the areas that doesn't offer such service. They offer files by automatic routine, ftp server, http service, take your pick. Most places don't even offer their own files, causing you to have to go to one of the add popping virus homes like fileplanet :D

Matrix does NOT! :cool:

(in reply to elcid)
Post #: 6
- 4/19/2003 11:27:43 PM   
Greybear46

You are certainly correct about hosting their own updates. I do appreciate that.

I read quite a few posts about "True" Update and never saw anyone saying that the problem originated in using a 56k modem. Why would Matrix depend on something that restricted to update Uncommon Valor? I didn't see anything in the documentation saying you have to have a cable modem for True Update to work correctly.

I downloaded and updated several times to bring the program up to the current version. So I'm not so crabby now.

Chuck

(in reply to elcid)
Post #: 7
- 6/13/2003 6:00:09 AM   
Curval

The links are broken on the website.

I have version 2.0 from the CD I bought. The auto update didn't work for me, now no manual ability to do so.

...and I have a DSL connection.

(in reply to elcid)
Post #: 8
- 6/13/2003 2:53:25 PM   
Marc von Martial

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Curval
[B]The links are broken on the website.
[/B][/QUOTE]

No

(in reply to elcid)
Post #: 9
- 6/15/2003 9:02:13 PM   
Curval

Well, that was an interesting reply.

No.

So I guess I was lying then? I guess the boards were up on Friday too right?

Fact is the links were either broken or unavailiable.

So, despite the very helpful "No" reply here I went to the General Discussion threads and searched for answers to the error 99. A very helpful Canadian fellow had posted one method for getting the updates. I downloaded an FTP client that wouldn't disconnect when transmission was interupted and would keep trying the download. Eventually I got them all.

According to this nice fellow my internet connection must be very bad, which is incorrect. I have a DSL connection through a dedicated VPN tunnel to my office which has a T1 line right onto the backbone of the net.

So, many thanks for your help Mr. Canadian...I don't remember your handle.

Not sure what to say to Marc.

EDIT: I just looked at some of the posts here...and it was Mr. Frag who was of great help. Thank you Sir.

(in reply to elcid)
Post #: 10
True Update - 6/16/2003 10:34:02 PM   
rdd10

True Update does not work on high speed connections. I receive same error message, "Line 99..."

I also cannot intall the zips. The installer asks "install disc 1..."

Anyone know how to get around this problem.

(in reply to elcid)
Post #: 11
- 6/16/2003 10:36:54 PM   
rdd10

[QUOTE]Originally posted by brisd
[B]I got same error each time I used True Update to upgrade from 2.2 to 2.3. I tried it several times throughout the day. I finally tried directly downloading from this site and after a few times stopping d/l about 1/3 through, I finally got the zip file. I installed it from the UV directory and had no error messages. I have not yet tried to play UV but when I did a True Update check of latest version, that program said something like UV is improperly installed. I will try running game as is but advice for Matrix: True Update needs some work, 2nd time this auto-update has not worked for me. [/B][/QUOTE]

When I attempted to install the zip, the installer asked me to insert disc 1. If you got this same request, what did you do?

(in reply to elcid)
Post #: 12
- 6/16/2003 11:41:14 PM   
beezneez

i recently bought the game and also get the line 2 error 99 error when using true update. i noticed the matrix website was down for a few days last week, is true update still experiencing problems? haven't seen a post from a matrix rep and i would just like to know what the story is. i'm on cable so internet connection is not the problem. has true update always been flawed? dont want to play the game w/ out the patches.

(in reply to elcid)
Post #: 13
True Update - 6/17/2003 12:00:33 AM   
rdd10

Not only was the web site down all weekend, the help desk phone line has been disconnected!

Has the ship sunk?!

(in reply to elcid)
Post #: 14
- 6/17/2003 1:38:30 AM   
Marc von Martial

Okay guys, again:

The 404 / 503 error, respectivly "Error downloading file (#99, Line 2)" when using TrueUpdate, literally means that the FTP is busy. The links are working.

If the FTP is busy you will have to try again later or try to log in to our public FTP manually via an FTP client:

FTP login:

Host: ftp.matrixgames.com
Port: 21
Login: anonymous
Password: Your Email Address
FTP login:
use PASV mode

Or try http://www.fileplanet.com or http://www.patches-scrolls.de they host most of our patches.

Regards, Marc

(in reply to elcid)
Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Tech Support >> true update error No. 99 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI