Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Japanese opening moves, India?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Japanese opening moves, India? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Japanese opening moves, India? - 12/23/2018 2:04:49 PM   
Pocus

Hi,

I'm considering that instead of hitting with everything Hawai, then staying for 6+ turns as a deterrent to prevent any US advance ...

Would it not be worthwhile to consider invading India with most of the SNLF and have them crippled? They provide a very big army to the Commonwealth, taking them down would be a more severe blow that sinking 1-2 Battleships.

Now, it impacts everything, like no major CV fleet to counter the US push, and a possible trouble with the Royal Navy, that can be a tough beast (like 5 CV and 8 BBs if they really put everything in the Pacific)...

I guess it also depends of the reward you can expect from taking Guam, Wake, Port Moresby, Guadalcanal. I don't know much admittedly about that. Clearly, if the reward is 1000 national morale, this is not a big incentive enough to me I know that Guadalcanal gives you a free unit as a reward, right?

Any thoughts?

< Message edited by Pocus -- 12/23/2018 2:06:36 PM >

AGEOD Team
Post #: 1
RE: Japanese opening moves, India? - 12/23/2018 8:15:24 PM   
ThunderLizard11

Same questions as OP

(in reply to Pocus)
Post #: 2
RE: Japanese opening moves, India? - 12/24/2018 4:00:09 AM   
terje439

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pocus

1. Would it not be worthwhile to consider invading India with most of the SNLF and have them crippled? They provide a very big army to the Commonwealth, taking them down would be a more severe blow that sinking 1-2 Battleships.

2. Now, it impacts everything, like no major CV fleet to counter the US push, and a possible trouble with the Royal Navy, that can be a tough beast (like 5 CV and 8 BBs if they really put everything in the Pacific)...

3. I guess it also depends of the reward you can expect from taking Guam, Wake, Port Moresby, Guadalcanal. I don't know much admittedly about that. Clearly, if the reward is 1000 national morale, this is not a big incentive enough to me I know that Guadalcanal gives you a free unit as a reward, right?

Any thoughts?

1. Also India holds one of the victory cities for the Axis.

2. I doubt the RN will be all in for India, as that leaves them exposed to the Italian and German fleet raiders. So, you should be able to kill of the RN and then turn around to face the US navy I would think.

3. I agree, some NM (which should be good enough if you do well in China anyway) is not a good incentive. However the loss of income might hurt you if you do not take the NEI I suppose.

"Hun skal torpederes!" - Birger Eriksen

("She is to be torpedoed!")

(in reply to Pocus)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Japanese opening moves, India? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI