Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: The Sugar war machine

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> RE: The Sugar war machine Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Sugar war machine - 12/28/2018 9:57:00 AM   
JagdFlanker

having played a few hundred hours of the much less polished (but still fun) 'Time of Fury' the biggest difference between both games(besides how attacks work) is that in ToF aircraft damage ramps down the more damaged the enemy ground unit is, making it impossible for any air unit to kill any ground unit

in ToF i would use aircraft to soften up a unit before attacking it with ground units to increase my odds, but in SC i find myself using aircraft to finish off units after ground attacks which i don't think feels right at all

air units are a support weapon, they should be providing support for a ground unit attack and shouldn't be able to kill any ground unit

(in reply to Schokolokos)
Post #: 61
RE: The Sugar war machine - 12/30/2018 12:00:41 AM   
Hairog

quote:

ORIGINAL: Schokolokos

Btw, in World at War this is not a problem at all, relocating airplanes cost the double, almost 100 MPP (depends on their tech lvl and logistic research)

That was going to be my solution to moving massive amounts of air units and relocating them all over the map. Increase the cost in the editor. It's a percentage of the units original cost.

But do keep in mind that for Operation August Storm, the supposed logistically challenged Soviets, amassed over a three-month period, 1,577,725 troops, 27,086 artillery pieces, 1,152 rocket launchers, 5,556 tanks and self-propelled guns, 3,721 aircraft. The bulk of the units traveled over 6,000 miles using single track railroad and in complete secrecy.

quote:

For the 9,000- to 12,000-kilometer move, the Soviets used 136,000 rail cars. In June and July of 1945. Twenty-two to thirty trains used the trains-Siberian railroad each day. 4 Units also made extensive use of roads to reach final deployment areas. For example. the Trans-Baikal Front deployed from the main line of the Trans-Siberian railroad to Choibalsan. Mongolia, a distance of some 500 to 600 kilometers, by both rail and road. Extensive redeployment also took place among units already within the Far East and Trans-Baikal region. From May to, June 1945, thirty divisions moved to new locations, a shift involving about one million men.

I don't know how fast Sugar is able to accumulate and shift his attack forces but if it's within a three month time frame then there is historical presidece for such an undertaking.

There is an absolutely amazing paper :HERE on the subject. I guarantee you that you will have no more illusions about the Soviets ability in 1946 to run the table in Europe.

WW III 1946 Books
SC3 EAW WW Three 1946 Mod and Naval Mods
WarPlan and WarPlan Pac Alpha and Be

(in reply to Schokolokos)
Post #: 62
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> RE: The Sugar war machine Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI