Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: mrdozer2379 vs operating (active match)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Commander - The Great War >> After Action Reports >> RE: mrdozer2379 vs operating (active match) Page: <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: mrdozer2379 vs operating (active match) - 12/29/2018 9:54:39 PM   
operating

quote:

ORIGINAL: Robotron

Clearly your over-the-top expenditure of forces to silence Italy will be the reason you lost the war (you already spoilered the outcome).
Those fighter units probably would have been more useful to keep the Western Front in check.

My dear friend,

Please follow the AAR, that's all I can say for now. Many others may not know what you know.

Thanks, operating

(in reply to Robotron)
Post #: 301
RE: mrdozer2379 vs operating (active match) - 12/29/2018 10:19:34 PM   
operating

Skipped turn 40 SSs mainly because I have hundreds of SSs already taken that have yet to be categorized by date and location, sized, detail edited, with text narration. It get's a bit overwhelming and consumes a huge amount of time to post, so from time to time I am going to cut corners to reduce the load for this AAR sorry to say. I only hope the readers have enjoyed the ride so far and will continue to do so.

Turn 41

Stats: AH received infantry grenades and bomb racks techs. Germany received mustered gas artillery shells tech.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 12/29/2018 10:32:05 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 302
RE: mrdozer2379 vs operating (active match) - 12/29/2018 11:09:27 PM   
operating

Turn 41

Belgium:

This is probably my best example of organized chaos. The once mighty Metz line is just about completely shattered.! The majority of the Liege line is forced to withdraw. This is a prime example of the Von Schleiffen Plan in reverse. Germany is leaving 2 garrisons in fort Metz and Liege basically as sacrificial lambs, both have General Hindenburg's support. It does not look good folks, the home-town boys are taking a beating, with no big brother coming to the rescue anytime soon, although a couple of the defunct Italian Front units are starting to show in the region. Certainly CP air-power has increased here dramatically, much to the chagrin of the Entente. Will this tip the scales to stabilize this front? We'll just to have to wait and see.. There was no way reasonable to try and defend Strassburg, it'll be a walk-in to capture for the French. AH garrisons are inching their way through the mountains to take up positions around Innsbruck if they are not too late. Heavier AH infantry are slated to arrive here by RR, that'll take forever to do with only 1 RR point per turn. The CP disposition here is absolutely dismal.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 12/29/2018 11:41:13 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 303
RE: mrdozer2379 vs operating (active match) - 12/30/2018 1:55:56 AM   
operating

Turn 41

Italy-Adriatic:

Start with the Adriatic, When an AH sub reaches full strength and is not a class II that's when I upgrade it to class II in a AH home port. It's going to be a fight for PP, meaning who get's what where, cause the army, navy and air-force are competing to be in top condition to keep the war effort going. ATM the navy is at the bottom rung and is in fairly good shape and without a lot of naval threats that I am aware of, the next rung up is the army, it's unlikely there will be any new army units, it's cheaper to repair and upgrade existing ones, which get's expensive, at the top rung is the air-force that never seems to get tired or affected by morale all that much and can change the course of a battle if used correctly, never mind the fact it is cheap to maintain, repair. There is 4 sub fleets that are going to arrive in Adriatic ports soon, which I doubt AH's economy is going to meet all their needs. The next big battle here will be with the French dreadnaught and as of yet I do not know how, or when that is going to happen?

CP cannot totally abandon Italy for cities there can be recaptured through/from amphibious landings, so CP has to leave some kind of rear guard while all other units head for Belgium. I'm not going to repair and upgrade units here till they are ready to meet front line action using RR, troop transport or walk out. Moved Zeppelin and blimp corps here to specifically bomb France proper to down it's PP, in the hope it curtails it's offensive driving towards Germany and Berlin.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 12/30/2018 2:39:37 AM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 304
RE: mrdozer2379 vs operating (active match) - 12/30/2018 3:04:01 AM   
operating

Turn 41

Baltic:

The shelling of the Russian infantry continues and is showing signs of affecting the unit's morale. Another merchant convoy spawned and is being attacked, for some reason I did not prepare for this. German sub fleets should all be at class III right now vs the English class IIs, funny there has been no Russian sub fleets for a very long time. CP has a general idea as to how many enemy sub fleets are nearby which could be between 4 - 6 ? Who knows how many?

Should mention: main fleet movements here are to try and detect enemy sub fleets

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 12/30/2018 12:09:36 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 305
RE: mrdozer2379 vs operating (active match) - 12/30/2018 3:45:20 AM   
operating

Turn 41

Eastern Front:

With the extra PP delivered by the merchant fleet Germany was able to upgrade many units to current levels, including the artillery to mustard gas. Many AH units upgraded with grenades and 1 base defense. Air attacks ruled the day while many dug in or repaired too.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 12/30/2018 3:58:25 AM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 306
RE: mrdozer2379 vs operating (active match) - 12/30/2018 12:10:46 PM   
operating

Turn 42

Stats: Germany has received the "All or Nothing Armor" naval tech. Costs about 5-10 PP per applicable naval unit for upgrade in port.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 12/30/2018 12:15:55 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 307
RE: mrdozer2379 vs operating (active match) - 12/30/2018 1:40:09 PM   
operating

Turn 42

Belgium:

CP has just a toe hold left in Belgium. Liege was captured and it's garrison was lost, the telling part of this is the condition of the Entente units in taking the fort, they are showing a drop in morale. The Germans were able to kill off a French garrison a little southeast of Frankfurt. There is no doubt this front is still in chaos and is trying to establish a line behind Liege to Metz and as you can see; CP is trying to deal with 12 visible Entente fighter groups, which is daunting in itself, and I'm willing to bet there are more in the FOW never mind English blimps that mass attack German cities, they are a joy to watch in replay, yes I am being facetious. Hey I'm doing the same in South France, though less intense. Trying to keep Metz in full supply and with a general's support. There's just a trickle of reinforcements starting to show up, but I cannot wait till they all deploy, so am calling the northern ACs to join the fight knowing they are going to be like cannon fodder in front line action. There are units in the queue that are in development, even at that it seems it will not be enough to stem the Entente tide heading for the Fatherland..

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 12/30/2018 2:15:49 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 308
RE: mrdozer2379 vs operating (active match) - 12/30/2018 2:33:57 PM   
nehi

quote:

Clearly your over-the-top expenditure of forces to silence Italy will be the reason you lost the war (you already spoilered the outcome).
Those fighter units probably would have been more useful to keep the Western Front in check.

tbh, he technically lost once he left west front

beating france asap is like only way to win as cp

anything else is just delaying the bitter end

(in reply to Robotron)
Post #: 309
RE: mrdozer2379 vs operating (active match) - 12/30/2018 6:34:27 PM   
operating

quote:

ORIGINAL: nehi

quote:

tbh, he technically lost once he left west front

beating france asap is like only way to win as cp

anything else is just delaying the bitter end

All comments are welcome.. Does anybody else have something to share?

(in reply to nehi)
Post #: 310
RE: mrdozer2379 vs operating (active match) - 12/30/2018 6:36:11 PM   
operating

Turn 42

Italy-Adriatic:

Submarine fleets are being repaired at Split, Cattaro and Naples, that does not mean they are being upgraded although I did detail the ones at Split and Cattaro are, it does not make it true, it's I do not remember for it was about a month to 2 months ago. Naples is a German port so AH fleet cannot upgrade there, only repair. When all the subs are repaired there should only be 2 left at the Adriatic Straight. AH has 1 transport point as demonstrated at Naples, with additional healthy sub fleets that garrison will embark to Corsica if it is unoccupied. There's no need to make a winter move by the German garrison to the east of Naples, I intend to embark that also. Leaving 1 garrison in Rome, all other units are heading towards Belgium.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 12/30/2018 6:58:08 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 311
RE: mrdozer2379 vs operating (active match) - 12/30/2018 6:59:48 PM   
operating

Turn 42

Baltic:

CP fleets counter-attacked the English fleet, while trying to get at this enemy fleet's rear discovered another English fleet, then attacked it. Both enemy fleets took damage from CP fleets and zeppelins, CP also lost a couple of naval points too. Keeping up the naval bombardments and partially repaired a dreadnaught. I think the English are trying to keep my fleets at bay here while they dominate up north with CP merchant fleets. Kinda makes sense. An English sub fleet new is 22 PP, a CP convoy is worth 100 PP.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 12/30/2018 7:11:12 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 312
RE: mrdozer2379 vs operating (active match) - 12/30/2018 7:12:37 PM   
operating

Turn 42

Eastern Front:

Did several attacks here, some of which hit the Russians pretty hard, knocking their morale down into the red. Once they go red those units are like punching bags, that being the case I'll likely have alternating units attack every turn to drive these red units out of position, or kill them off entirely, at the same time trying to balance units from dropping morale too quickly. The Koenigsberg line is very solid, I have been leery of detaching General McKesson for the Western front for I do not want the Koenigsberg port to be threatened, then again the Germans do not want to lose Berlin. The Russian fighters have been getting bolder and more numerous, maybe more than I have at this front.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 12/30/2018 7:29:41 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 313
RE: mrdozer2379 vs operating (active match) - 12/30/2018 8:35:35 PM   
operating

Turn 43

Metz Captured Event:

When I opened up this turn here was the first notification. I expected it was going to hold out for at least another turn, should have known better. Entente capturing Metz results in a -5 NM to Germany and takes away another PP source for Germany as well. The details of this capture will be shown in the Belgium post.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 12/30/2018 8:42:41 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 314
RE: mrdozer2379 vs operating (active match) - 12/30/2018 10:28:42 PM   
Robotron

btw. it's "Hochseeflotte" for WW1, not "Kriegsmarine".

Kriegsmarine is WW2.

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 315
RE: mrdozer2379 vs operating (active match) - 12/30/2018 11:47:07 PM   
operating

quote:

btw. it's "Hochseeflotte" for WW1, not "Kriegsmarine".

Kriegsmarine is WW2.

That's nice to learn after going 314 posts.! I can speak a little pidgin in a number of languages, not so much in writing, even took some courses in French and Russian, but never got around to learning the German language and it's different dialects, which should of been more natural for me due to my ethnic background. Having gone this far into an AAR and I do like the ring/sound of Kriegsmarine, I'll probably keep it in my vocabulary here on out. Matter of fact there is a DL game (it's actually an expansion) on the market called "Kriegsmarine" that I have been thinking about getting before the Holiday sale runs out here at Matrix.

< Message edited by operating -- 12/31/2018 12:46:45 AM >

(in reply to Robotron)
Post #: 316
RE: mrdozer2379 vs operating (active match) - 12/31/2018 12:20:23 AM   
operating

OK, did a little research about Hochseeflotte for the subject is interesting. Some articles explain that the Hochseeflotte was part of the German Imperial Navy, not the whole German navy. Chronologically the German navy has been described using several identifying terms to whatever it is called now. Also found this article(s) that had a lot of information about the 1914 or so German navy: https://www.naval-encyclopedia.com/ww1/Kaiserliche-Marine/

Also found about the Imperial German Navy (Kaiserliche Marine) of Germany; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ships_of_the_Imperial_German_Navy

Now I am in favor of using "Kaiserliche Marine" for the remainder of this AAR, maybe be because it looks close to sounding like "Kriegsmarine", however I do like the way Kriegsmarine reads.

< Message edited by operating -- 12/31/2018 12:43:12 AM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 317
RE: mrdozer2379 vs operating (active match) - 12/31/2018 1:02:14 AM   
operating

Turn 43

Stats: 3 German garrisons ready to defend the Fatherland..

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 12/31/2018 2:31:31 AM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 318
RE: mrdozer2379 vs operating (active match) - 12/31/2018 11:02:36 AM   
operating

Turn 43

Belgium:

As you can see: CP is busier than a 3 legged cat trying to cover it's crap securing this front. Was able to pick off one of the French fighter squadrons near Strassburg. Forgot to highlight the German garrison lost at Metz when the fort was captured, certainly they deserved a medal. CP is less chaotic now, however needs organization. As a second line of defense I'm going to try and fortify behind the river going from Dortmund to Stuttgart, I'm fairly sure it's the Rhine River, several years ago picked up a Harley Davidson in Zurich rode north to Mannheim, Stuttgart, Heidelberg and also followed the Rhine (I was impressed with how wide and fast the Rhine is) up to the Netherlands, visited/dined at castles along the way, had a great time in a beautiful country.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 12/31/2018 11:42:36 AM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 319
RE: mrdozer2379 vs operating (active match) - 12/31/2018 11:48:20 AM   
operating

Turn 43

Baltic:

I'm a little disappointed with myself here to not have continued to search for enemy sub fleets (I may had forgotten to) during lull in the action. Although found a couple of the enemy up north attacking one and kept up the bombardment by Helsinki, noticed here an additional Russian garrison, 1 less Russian unit that could have been at the Eastern Front.

Take notice of the Bulgarians in the white circle, they are a red 3-5 now, that will change later..

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 12/31/2018 4:01:03 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 320
RE: mrdozer2379 vs operating (active match) - 12/31/2018 12:03:02 PM   
operating

Turn 43

Eastern Front:

I messed up on some of the details here, not that it may make a difference to some, so I ask for forgiveness if details do not match up from before or after this turn. The one thing that never changes is the actual SS. CP's southern flank has done a good job skewing the Russian morale with 2 turns left in winter. The northern flank is keeping up the pressure too without any ground gain. You see where that Russian 1 garrison retreated leaving an open position, I generally do not accept taking a position like that in winter conditions for it usually lowers my units to a morale of 8 and exposed on 4 sides and within range of enemy artillery, that's like a recipe for disaster waiting for ya/you.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 12/31/2018 12:22:14 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 321
RE: mrdozer2379 vs operating (active match) - 12/31/2018 4:03:35 PM   
operating

Turn 44

Western Front:

Can't call it the Belgium post anymore where CP does not occupy any Belgian territory. Demolished 2 French units: an infantry with general got killed off northwest of Stuttgart and a French garrison that took advantage of a breakthrough got buried this turn, also before this turn started lost an infantry with General Hindenburg's HQ. Germany's PP IIRC is around 20 or so atm and looking to sell off more of it's labs to feed the Beast. Right now I do not see a really huge Entente army, I see a huge air-force, can see 3 artilleries, a lot of garrisons and 7 infanty all of which is going to have to fit into a line going from the southeastern Netherland's border to the most northern tip of the Switzerland border. This might work in CP's favor, the only thing is? Germany needs dug in infantry here to hold it. AH is giving the Germans a huge helping hand holding the left flank.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 12/31/2018 4:30:08 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 322
RE: mrdozer2379 vs operating (active match) - 12/31/2018 4:31:00 PM   
operating

Turn 44

Central Mediterranean:

Moved an AH blimp corp up by Florence to hit deeper into France cities, also spotted a French unit in Nice. After scouting Ataccio, Corsica decided it's time to send an AH troop transport there for possible amphibious capture. Feel as though there are plenty of healthy AH sub fleets around here to make a successful mission providing the French dreadnaught does not interfere. Have no idea where remaining French sub fleets are, will assume at least 1 is watching the main AH fleet near Taranto. Once the AH transport leaves port the Germans will be ready to embark for other opportunities from Naples. Marseille and Toulon are bombed out a loss of 7 PP to the French. I feel if CP keeps up it's own bombing runs on France it will have telling effects on France's offensive, especially If CP captures Corsica's 3 PP. You might have noticed in the previous SS that the German zeppelin is hitting Orleans.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 12/31/2018 4:51:25 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 323
RE: mrdozer2379 vs operating (active match) - 12/31/2018 4:52:32 PM   
operating

Turn 44

Eastern Front:

The confusion from last turn was: By mistake had detailed and edited this turn first by mistake and noticed some things did not match with turn 42, so I tried to make them match, then realized my mistake later on that I had turn 44 instead of 43 that I was editing.

Killed a Russian infantry on the southern flank, then occupied it's position. Kept pressure on the northern flank and got a good hit on the Russian artillery. The Russians have produced enough units to have a solid front from north to south. "That's a lot of PP..!! Detached General McKesson from Koenigsberg, he's going to the Western Front.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 12/31/2018 5:12:07 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 324
RE: mrdozer2379 vs operating (active match) - 12/31/2018 5:35:19 PM   
operating

Turn 45

Stats: Germany receives Synchronization Gear fighter tech 2-5 PP per fighter unit to implement.

1 German garrison for the Western Front

Winter is over notification

Take a look at what CP's PP is.... They are just barely surviving...

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 12/31/2018 5:41:08 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 325
RE: mrdozer2379 vs operating (active match) - 1/1/2019 12:29:13 AM   
operating

Turn 45

Western Front:

You might notice that 2 hexes to the southwest of Dortmund there is 9 French infantry, well this is where I had a German 10 infantry (it's gone, vanished). And might notice the next hex south of the German cav salient there was a German 10 AC, Gee, that's gone too, and the next hex south of where the AC was there was the remainder of a German garrison, that's gone too. The German commander is seeing his units getting vaporized faster than the ones coming from the queue. Can remember Admiral Beatty being quoted "There seems to be something wrong with our ships today!" The fact is; Germany can not last long with these kinds of losses.. And Oh yes! Did I fail to mention that a German fighter squadron just to the north of Dortmund seems to have disappeared also? This is all very bad news for CP..!! The good news is the deployment of "1" new garrison here and the upgrading of the fighters to Synchronization Gear improving German fighters to class III killing machines. Can't wait to see the Entente air-force start dropping like flies.. German artillery gave French artillery a wake-up barrage. 2 more AH units are making their way to the second line of this front. I do not know for sure if all German fighters got the upgrade, if they didn't they will be upgraded next turn. CP high command is considering what plan B and C will be for this front in the coming turns.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 1/1/2019 1:17:35 AM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 326
RE: mrdozer2379 vs operating (active match) - 1/1/2019 1:19:36 AM   
operating

Turn 45

Central Mediterranean:

The AH transport is in position to disembark next turn, while a German transport is getting loaded for a possible landing in North Africa. Spotted and attacked an English convoy.. Sending the German raider to Corsica, being sure to protect it from the French navy. The bombing of French cities continues from Italy..

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 1/1/2019 1:28:17 AM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 327
RE: mrdozer2379 vs operating (active match) - 1/1/2019 6:33:32 AM   
operating

Turn 45

Baltic:

The way I look at the ground situation here is: The Russians are spending 12 points in upkeep trying to recapture cities vs the 6 points CP uses in upkeep to defend them, not including navy points for the navy would have existed anyways, so the net result is a -6 PP to Russia, plus they lose the potential 9 PP that those cities could have produced. I'm considering this a win for CP. How much this weighs on Russian NM? I do not know? Zep bombed Vitebsk and Vaasa. The white circle at the top could be CP's next target or where the next merchant fleet spawns. I'd like to get a 4th sub fleet up there to box out the spawning zone and gain another avenue/angle of attack on enemy sub fleets should they be there. Kaiserliche Marine Conducted anti sub searches in the Finland Sea..

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 1/1/2019 7:21:29 AM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 328
RE: mrdozer2379 vs operating (active match) - 1/1/2019 7:23:08 AM   
operating

Turn 45

Eastern Front:

Grouped together CP fighters and upgraded to class III. Lost the AH fighter at Przemysl possibly by Russian blimps or bombers. The southern flank made a slight territory gain and attacked. The northern flank is getting ready for an assault on the Russian salient with general and made other minor attacks, also gaining some ground.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 1/1/2019 7:42:32 AM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 329
RE: mrdozer2379 vs operating (active match) - 1/1/2019 9:06:06 AM   
operating

Turn 46

Stats: AH received Rigid Air-ship and specialized shell types techs. Rigid costs 10 PP to implement, specialized shells costs about 5 PP to implement.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 1/1/2019 9:11:30 AM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 330
Page:   <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Commander - The Great War >> After Action Reports >> RE: mrdozer2379 vs operating (active match) Page: <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI