Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Warning, if you have windows 10 this game won’t work for Breakthrough.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command Classic: WWI >> Warning, if you have windows 10 this game won’t work for Breakthrough. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Warning, if you have windows 10 this game won’t work fo... - 1/5/2019 10:53:39 PM   
rodney727

Can not play play “breakthrough” on windows 10. Says the screen resolution won’t work.

"I thank God that I was warring on the gridirons of the midwest and not the battlefields of Europe"
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943
Post #: 1
RE: Warning, if you have windows 10 this game won’t wor... - 1/5/2019 11:08:53 PM   
budd

I just tried loading Breakthough, worked fine for me. Played pbem game in the past, worked fine, just double checked. WIN10 64 here.

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

(in reply to rodney727)
Post #: 2
RE: Warning, if you have windows 10 this game won’t wor... - 1/5/2019 11:50:15 PM   
rodney727

I don’t know what to do uninstalled twice, can play the regular game but not breakthrough, any ideas?

"I thank God that I was warring on the gridirons of the midwest and not the battlefields of Europe"
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943

(in reply to budd)
Post #: 3
RE: Warning, if you have windows 10 this game won’t wor... - 1/6/2019 2:50:34 AM   
Aurelian

quote:

ORIGINAL: budd

I just tried loading Breakthough, worked fine for me. Played pbem game in the past, worked fine, just double checked. WIN10 64 here.

Same here.

If the Earth was flat, cats would of knocked everything off of it long ago.

(in reply to budd)
Post #: 4
RE: Warning, if you have windows 10 this game won’t wor... - 1/6/2019 4:11:28 AM   
budd

A shot in the dark, but did you look at the breakthrough configuration settings file? maybe try setting the resolution there. I'm not sure if its a file if you delete it the game will create a new one or not. You could see what the resolution is set at in the file and maybe change it, not much to lose.

Its located in my documents/my games/StrategicCommandClassicWW1- Breakthrough, you should see a sc2.ini file, its should open with notepad.

i'd first look at what resolution is set, then maybe change it to your desktop resolution, and maybe if that doesn't work, delete it and see if the game recreates it when opened.Might be worth checking the Great War ini file to see if its different than Breakthrough also, if it is maybe copy and paste that line into Breakthrough ini file.

Good luck

< Message edited by budd -- 1/6/2019 4:13:00 AM >

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

(in reply to Aurelian)
Post #: 5
RE: Warning, if you have windows 10 this game won’t wor... - 1/6/2019 4:59:21 PM   
rodney727

Thank you, that did the trick, had to set it to 1060, works fine now!

Nile Kinnick 1918-1943

(in reply to budd)
Post #: 6
RE: Warning, if you have windows 10 this game won’t wor... - 6/8/2019 5:40:23 AM   
Rick402

are you running this on steam or what? i have it on steam and it works just fine. you may need to(if your running this on steam) verify integrity of game files.hope that helps.

(in reply to rodney727)
Post #: 7
RE: Warning, if you have windows 10 this game won’t wor... - 3/23/2020 3:26:59 PM   
fondfoat

Works fine for me as well. Windows 10 64 bit. Bought through Steam.

(in reply to Rick402)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command Classic: WWI >> Warning, if you have windows 10 this game won’t work for Breakthrough. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI