Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Community Scenarios

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Community Scenarios Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Community Scenarios - 1/11/2019 8:30:25 AM   
IainMcNeil

Hi guys,

there is a weird thread on Facebook that seems to be implying we are planning to remove the community scenarios and start selling them. This is absolutely unfounded and no idea where it comes from but there are enough people out there with axes to grind for a range of odd reasons who knows.

Just to be clear
* We never have and never will charge for community scenarios
* We have never considered this or even discussed it
* It would not be legal to charge for them even if we wanted to - the IP belongs to the scenario designer.

We have been blocked from responding to the thread where it was posted.

I don't know why we keep getting weird issues like this. I guess Command is ruffling too many feathers!

You can continue to enjoy your community scenarios :)

Iain

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
Post #: 1
RE: Community Scenarios - 1/11/2019 1:06:00 PM   
kevinkins

Thanks Ian. I don't use Facebook. But maybe someone who designs for the community can post the message you wrote above for you.

Kevin

“The study of history lies at the foundation of all sound military conclusions and practice.”
― Alfred Thayer Mahan

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 2
RE: Community Scenarios - 1/11/2019 4:05:23 PM   
ZoroastroBR

Thanks for the update

(in reply to kevinkins)
Post #: 3
RE: Community Scenarios - 1/11/2019 5:17:54 PM   
kch

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. Is the guy with the thread a former employee?

(in reply to ZoroastroBR)
Post #: 4
RE: Community Scenarios - 1/11/2019 7:07:28 PM   
DWReese

Kevin,

You might want to clean out some mailbox space.

(in reply to kevinkins)
Post #: 5
RE: Community Scenarios - 1/11/2019 8:25:38 PM   
HalfLifeExpert

quote:

ORIGINAL: IainMcNeil

Hi guys,

there is a weird thread on Facebook that seems to be implying we are planning to remove the community scenarios and start selling them. This is absolutely unfounded and no idea where it comes from but there are enough people out there with axes to grind for a range of odd reasons who knows.

Just to be clear
* We never have and never will charge for community scenarios
* We have never considered this or even discussed it
* It would not be legal to charge for them even if we wanted to - the IP belongs to the scenario designer.

We have been blocked from responding to the thread where it was posted.

I don't know why we keep getting weird issues like this. I guess Command is ruffling too many feathers!

You can continue to enjoy your community scenarios :)

Iain

This stemmed from a post in the CMANO Facebook Group where Mike Mykytyn posted the following statement:

quote:

I'm out folks. Best of luck to you all. I don't have the stomach to watch a dream project change. Change is not wrong but this direction is definitely not for me. Time to stop whining and break completely! Please support the creative folks out there looking to build great stuff. To the creative, please watch your six. As Don Gilman (Uncle Harpoon) once warned me, there be dragons out there! I didn't keep watch! Your work is valuable and yours! Cya!

Do you guys at Slitherine/Matrix know why he departed?

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 6
RE: Community Scenarios - 1/11/2019 8:49:53 PM   
Ancalagon451

Didn't he leave the dev team in 2017?

I remember him changing his signature for one that said "ex-CMANO developer" and, when asked about it, he said that he was now devoting to forum administration full time.

A few months later lost his admin status, and at the end of the year stopped posting altogether.

So are we sure it was the real MikMyk and not an impersonating troll *coughHERMANcough*?

Ancalagon

(in reply to HalfLifeExpert)
Post #: 7
RE: Community Scenarios - 1/11/2019 10:23:30 PM   
Rob322

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ancalagon451

Didn't he leave the dev team in 2017?

I remember him changing his signature for one that said "ex-CMANO developer" and, when asked about it, he said that he was now devoting to forum administration full time.

A few months later lost his admin status, and at the end of the year stopped posting altogether.

So are we sure it was the real MikMyk and not an impersonating troll *coughHERMANcough*?

Ancalagon

It posted under his Facebook account. Hard to know if he was hacked or not.

If he’s an “ex-employee” then there’s no way Matrix is going to say why he’s no longer there.

(in reply to Ancalagon451)
Post #: 8
RE: Community Scenarios - 1/14/2019 8:52:01 AM   
IainMcNeil

Mike left Warfaresims a couple of years ago. I'm not going to discuss why he left. I have no idea what his post means or if it was even by Mike.

I also have no idea why people think we're charging for scenarios when we're not. When we say we're not they start to say we're going to charge subscription fees to access them. I'm not sure how else to say it, but no there will be no paywall, fee or any impediment to playing community scenarios for free!

All I can say for sure is that whoever posted that has no insights in to what the team are doing and their future plans, so its clearly an attempt to stir things up. Why... who know... its the internet. As Command gets more and more successful its getting more attention and this kind of thing is inevitable I guess. Sad, but inevitable!

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to Rob322)
Post #: 9
RE: Community Scenarios - 1/14/2019 11:08:46 AM   
ultradave

It wasn't Mike that suggested that. His post was nebulous. It was a bunch of comments speculating on what he might have meant, and he never replied, so speculation runs amok :-)

----------------
Dave A.
"When the Boogeyman goes to sleep he checks his closet for paratroopers"

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Community Scenarios Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI