Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Versioning and savegame question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Versioning and savegame question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Versioning and savegame question - 1/12/2019 9:32:58 PM   
Gewehr_43

Hi all. The game version I'm running appears to be old. As shown in the upper right corner of the game's main menu, it is one point seven point eleven point twenty-four and is dated Christmas Day two thousand fourteen. This is my first post here and the spam filter apparently thinks the version number is a link so it's preventing me from posting it. Sorry.

This is a very old version, is it not? Can I update straight to the beta patch, or is there an interim version I need to install first? Also, will my current saves be compatible with the new version or will I have to start my GC over?

Thank you!

< Message edited by Gewehr_43 -- 1/12/2019 9:33:54 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Versioning and savegame question - 1/12/2019 10:24:35 PM   
GetAssista

1.7.11.24 is not far off from official patch 7 (1.7.11.26b). You can install w/o second thoughts

You can also move further to current official beta.

Savegame compatibility is stellar. PBEMs last years, yet players regularly update.

(in reply to Gewehr_43)
Post #: 2
RE: Versioning and savegame question - 1/13/2019 3:14:20 AM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: GetAssista

1.7.11.24 is not far off from official patch 7 (1.7.11.26b). You can install w/o second thoughts

You can also move further to current official beta.

Savegame compatibility is stellar. PBEMs last years, yet players regularly update.

This is a little confusing. Version 1124 is the last official patch. Since then unofficial work has produced 1126a and 1126b. Both are Betas (because the company has not officially blessed them), but most players go with the 1126b Beta which is available in the stickied area at the top of this Tech Forum.
There are also numerous modded scenarios that can be downloaded and tried out from various sources.

I recently patched up to the 1126a version and am finding quite a few changes, including deadlier AA and Chinese units having more defensive equipment and somewhat better experience/leadership.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to GetAssista)
Post #: 3
RE: Versioning and savegame question - 1/13/2019 11:39:02 AM   
Gewehr_43

Thanks for the information, gentlemen. I'll update to the "b" version and see what happens.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Versioning and savegame question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI