Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Soviet attachments

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> Soviet attachments Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Soviet attachments - 1/17/2019 9:46:21 PM   
robertkeller

I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I right click on an headquarters unit, then left click on either "assign" or "form". Either one opens up a window "pick support unit type" I then left click on the unit with a number showing availability in the AVL column. Returning to the Headquarters display it shows each of the selected units as "attached support" with an asterisk and a "u" following the unit description. But in subsequent turns no units ever turn up attached to the headquarters. Any help would be appreciated.
Post #: 1
RE: Soviet attachments - 1/17/2019 10:15:43 PM   
SparkleyTits

You will have your HQ's unlocked and set to support level 0 probably bud

It's not as bad as it seems as the SU will stay in there through your enemies turn this way too, it just removes everything once your enemy is done makng you repeat the process each subsequent turn
ALso U means the SU is understrengthed so if you are Soviets you probably need more armaments to get it up in TOE

< Message edited by SparkleyTits -- 1/17/2019 10:17:21 PM >

(in reply to robertkeller)
Post #: 2
RE: Soviet attachments - 1/17/2019 10:18:48 PM   
Aufklaerungs

check your game options selection for <<Lock HQ Support>>. If not locked you are giving AI permission to reassign support units.

Aufklärungs

(in reply to robertkeller)
Post #: 3
RE: Soviet attachments - 1/19/2019 7:06:02 AM   
Chris21wen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Aufklaerungs

check your game options selection for <<Lock HQ Support>>. If not locked you are giving AI permission to reassign support units.

You have to decide if you want auto or manual support movement.

I'm not the biggest fan of auto as the AI will move stuff were you don't want it plus you have limited control of what will be in any HQ. E.g. You can't set 4 Art and only 1 tank etc. If you set Support Level at 4 you'll finish up with 4 Art, 4 tank, 4 AT etc. if you leave it to the AI.

The way to stop it is do what Aufklaerungs said or set the High HQ to Locked thus preventing all movement of support units under the HQ. This also works for smaller formations, Fronts for instance. Locking a front prevents the AI from moving support just in that front, locking an army prevent it from moving support only.

I'd actually prefer the process to work differently in that if you lock a front it only prevent stuff moving in or out of the command and not within, I.e. the front could move support to it's Armies but not move stuff in or out of STAVKA.

Very important note. None of this prevent HQs from using support units in combat. The two things are completely separate.

(in reply to Aufklaerungs)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> Soviet attachments Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI