Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Not gone yet!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Not gone yet! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Not gone yet! - 6/18/2003 1:04:06 AM   
Supervisor

With all the heart filled emails and message posts I've received, I would really love to stay and help as best I can. I'm having surgery 30 Jun to cure my sleep aepnia and have a phsyc medication correction/readjustment 14 Jul after my recovery.
As you can tell I have my good days and really bad ones. Of course the day I made the announcement was one of those really bad ones. I don't want to leave but felt if I can't help, then what's the point.

I will stay as long as mentally possible and hopefully work through this, provided you'll still have me. Thanks for caring.

Post #: 1
Glad you are trying.... - 6/18/2003 1:10:16 AM   
Orzel Bialy

to stick it out Mike. :)

Now...as a GB Packer fan...can I get rid of that Giant helmet now? lmao! :D ;) :p

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 2
- 6/18/2003 1:13:55 AM   
Akmatov

Hang in there guy.

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 3
- 6/18/2003 1:14:53 AM   
Supervisor

Yes Ken you can ditch the Giant helmet.:p

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 4
- 6/18/2003 1:35:25 AM   
Belisarius

Hey Mike,

Glad as h*ll to see that you decided to stay around. Feel no pressure, we're just glad to know you're still prowling these grounds. :) I really hope you'll get better, and here's wishing you the best for a succesful surgery.

[SIZE=1]Heh heh heh... that's two in a month - we're just a black hole of affection :)[/SIZE]

Got StuG?

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 5
- 6/18/2003 1:51:42 AM   
M4Jess

Cool news Mike!

can I still keep the helmet? :D

Im making war, not trouble~

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 6
Re: Not gone yet! - 6/18/2003 3:10:56 AM   
Bernie

[QUOTE]Originally posted by gmenfan
[B]With all the heart filled emails and message posts I've received, I would really love to stay and help as best I can. I'm having surgery 30 Jun to cure my sleep aepnia and have a phsyc medication correction/readjustment 14 Jul after my recovery.
As you can tell I have my good days and really bad ones. Of course the day I made the announcement was one of those really bad ones. I don't want to leave but felt if I can't help, then what's the point.

I will stay as long as mentally possible and hopefully work through this, provided you'll still have me. Thanks for caring. [/B][/QUOTE]

Still have you? Mike, the place wouldn't be the same without you! :)

What, me worry?

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 7
- 6/18/2003 3:20:14 AM   
Goblin

Hot dam!

Even if you just lurk and peek in when you feel up to it, you will make all of us very happy indeed!

I am a Dolphins fan, but I will also keep the helmet until you feel better. Then you will know we are thinking about you.

Sissy.

Goblin;)

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 8
- 6/18/2003 4:19:53 AM   
Jim1954

Welcome back Mike, Everybody has days like that. I've had three Cowboy fans threaten to whip my a$$ for that helmet but I'll leave it up a while, too.

As far as not being able to help, sometimes just a good ole' smarta$$ comment is all we need.

:D :D

Jim1954
KMC/T

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 9
- 6/18/2003 5:39:01 AM   
RUsco

I understand the Sleep Apnia. I have had it for about 8 yrs. Going on 4 with the C-Pap.

I skipped the surgury as they said it was only a 50-50 chance, and that was if I lost about 60 lbs. :D NOT.

Hang in there and best of luck.

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 10
- 6/18/2003 9:46:19 AM   
Don Doom

Glad to hear that!:) Good luck going under the knife and recovery!

Even if you just visit and say Hi once in awhile to let us know you are hanging in there!! OK

Nice seeing you in the chat room. :D

Doom
Vet of the Russian General Winter
For death is only the begining

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 11
- 6/18/2003 12:59:03 PM   
Randy

I'm glad you're still with us. Though we may not all know each other personally, we are still a team and we're all cheering you on! Good luck for your surgery on the 30th.

Semper Fi
Randy

The United States Marines: America's 911 Force-The Tip of the Spear

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 12
Welcome Back!!!!! - 6/18/2003 7:18:44 PM   
Hawk

Very glad to see you stay.....and help us stay on the RIGHT PATH!!!!!!:D :D :cool:

=A82A=Hawk[Maj]|LP|
"All we knew was.....We were in this TOGETHER" ......Band of Brothers

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 13
Happy too see you're back - 6/18/2003 11:31:17 PM   
Lars

I really hope you'll get better and I'll keep my fingers crossed for your recovery.

:D Plays for fun! :cool:

[img]http://publish.hometown.aol.com/kenkbaran/images/spwaw-virtual-b-o-b2.jpg [/img]
[img]http://www.redzoneforums.com/images/avatars/gia

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 14
- 6/19/2003 2:10:28 AM   
Capt. Pixel

Good luck with the surgey, Mike.
My family and I will send some 'Positive Energy' your way. :D

"Always mystify, mislead, and surprise the enemy, if possible. "
- Stonewall Jackson

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 15
- 6/19/2003 7:06:47 AM   
Alby

our thoughts are with you!

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 16
- 6/19/2003 12:36:47 PM   
Wild Bill

Good news, indeed. These hallowed halls had a hollow sound without your marching steps echoing against the walls. Good luck with the surgery.

I am remembering you.

Things will get better!

Wild Bill

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 17
- 6/21/2003 11:40:46 AM   
Karnaaj

Glad to see you're staying around... y'all helped me out a time or few.

Technical question: is the sleep apnea thing going to change the depressive eps, or just the meds? I've got apnea for certain, and (so far the doc hasn't agreed with me that it *is*) bipolar, and mebbe that'd be something for me to look at... I just dunno if the apnea is actually part of my own probs there. (If I lost a hundred pounds or so it might help as well, but I'm *lazy*. )

SP:WAW (http://www.matrixgames.com/Games/WorldAtWar/index.asp)
SP:MBT/SP:WW2 (http://linetap.com/www/drg/SPCamo.htm)
Combat Mission HQ (http://www.combatmission.com/)
G-o-D's Close Combat Links (http://home.wanadoo.nl/cclinks/)

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 18
Through all the trials of being human... - 6/21/2003 12:03:06 PM   
KG Erwin

....gmenfan, you have many friends who support you and will do whatever is necessary to help you return to good health and productivity.

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 19
Karnaaj - 6/22/2003 9:02:15 AM   
Supervisor

The sleep apnea surgery will pull me off my heavy dosage of sleeping pills, which in turn should reduce my anxiety. My deppression pills aren't working anymore so after recovery I'm being switched to a different medication for that.

Sleep apnea should not go untreated:

Because of the serious disturbances in their normal sleep patterns, people with sleep apnea often feel very sleepy during the day and their concentration and daytime performance suffer. The consequences of sleep apnea range from annoying to life-threatening. They include symptoms suggesting depres-sion, irritability, sexual dysfunction, learning and memory difficulties, and falling asleep while at work, on the phone, or driving. Untreated sleep apnea patients are 3 times (or more) likely to have automobile accidents; CPAP treatment reverses the increased risk. It has been estimated that up to 50 percent of sleep apnea patients have high blood pressure. It has recently been shown that sleep apnea contributes to high blood pressure. Risk for heart attack and stroke may also increase in those with sleep apnea

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 20
- 6/22/2003 10:07:40 AM   
Fallschirmjager

If it ever feels like its all caving in...take a day off from the forums...no one here will think any less of you

I wish you the best

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 21
Re: Karnaaj - 6/22/2003 11:33:48 AM   
Bernie

[QUOTE]Originally posted by gmenfan
[B]The sleep apnea surgery will pull me off my heavy dosage of sleeping pills, which in turn should reduce my anxiety. My deppression pills aren't working anymore so after recovery I'm being switched to a different medication for that.

Sleep apnea should not go untreated:

Because of the serious disturbances in their normal sleep patterns, people with sleep apnea often feel very sleepy during the day and their concentration and daytime performance suffer. The consequences of sleep apnea range from annoying to life-threatening. They include symptoms suggesting depres-sion, irritability, sexual dysfunction, learning and memory difficulties, and falling asleep while at work, on the phone, or driving. Untreated sleep apnea patients are 3 times (or more) likely to have automobile accidents; CPAP treatment reverses the increased risk. It has been estimated that up to 50 percent of sleep apnea patients have high blood pressure. It has recently been shown that sleep apnea contributes to high blood pressure. Risk for heart attack and stroke may also increase in those with sleep apnea [/B][/QUOTE]

Mike, while sleep apnea is a serious condition that should always be treated, and it isn't "nice" to make fun of such things, I can't help but be a comedian and I hope you don't take offense but...

Are you sure the problem isn't SP:WAW addiction? I just took that paragraph you wrote, replaced the words "sleep apnea" with "SP:WAW addiction" and , dang if that doesn't describe my day to a "T"! ;)

What, me worry?

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 22
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Not gone yet! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI