Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How do I ... ?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> How do I ... ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How do I ... ? - 2/3/2019 1:51:54 AM   
Mog1

How can I add a datalink for, say a ship, to an aircraft? I have added weapons and sensors but I dont see how to add a datalink.
Thanks in advance,
Mog
Post #: 1
RE: How do I ... ? - 2/3/2019 5:32:30 AM   
M1A2G

Add comm link(First you must create a CONFIG FILES.If you do not know what this file is,please read the Command Manual ebook): Missile datalink with database ID# 3 used as an example:
<CommAdd_3 />
<!--SA-10 Missile Datalink-->

Here is a fully example:
<Unit_20541cc5-e6ff-47af-8b3f-df4e088d010a>
<!--Type 055 Zheng He (Type 055 Renhai [Zheng He] [2834])-->
<CommAdd_261 />
<!--SA-17/SA-N-12 Command Datalink [12 Channels]-->
</Unit_20541cc5-e6ff-47af-8b3f-df4e088d010a>

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by M1A2G -- 2/3/2019 5:35:45 AM >

(in reply to Mog1)
Post #: 2
RE: How do I ... ? - 2/3/2019 5:54:50 PM   
Mog1

I found that post last night and gave it a try. So to add "126 AEGIS Command Datalink [AN/SPY-1B] AEGIS Weapon Link" the entry would read:

<CommAdd_126 />
<!--AEGIS Command Datalink [AN/SPY-1B] AEGIS Weapon Link -->

I am just copying from your post. I dont really understand whats happening here.

Thanks,
Mog

< Message edited by Mog1 -- 2/3/2019 5:55:19 PM >

(in reply to M1A2G)
Post #: 3
RE: How do I ... ? - 2/3/2019 7:30:35 PM   
KnightHawk75

Another option is just pop into the LUA console in the editor and run the following AFTER Changing the name= and guid = parts to match your unit (which you can get from right clicking the unit and selecting scenario editor\copy id to clipboard and then pasting into console script:

local myunit =  ScenEdit_GetUnit( {name='SAM Bn (SA-21a/b Growler [S-400 Triumf])', guid='9c291657-7c61-4935-a6d3-25face9f7897'} );
--example adding 20 extra channels for sa21\25 missile links, change for what your unit needs. 
ScenEdit_UpdateUnit( {guid=tostring(myunit.guid),mode='add_comms',dbid='267'} );  

Then press Run.
--If you want to check a units comms list before or after you can run this to dump output just make sure it comes after the 'local myunit' line above so that 'myunit' exists for this part of the code:
print('--comms list---');
for i, v in ipairs(myunit.components) do
   if v.comp_type=='CommDevice' then
   print(v);
   end
end
print('--end comms list---');

Also in some cases extra 'Comms' will get added automatically if adding certain Mounts, usually it's a vehicle component for SAM sites that do that, but not always, just saying. For example on the s400 if you add a Vehicle GraveStone 92N2 as Mount it will also add comms links that come with it. Note if you remove the mount though the comms entry that was added will get removed (most of the time anyway). Just wanted to mention it as another round about way to do this without code or ini files, but it will not apply to all things, like if you wanted to add milstar comms to said unit you must do it via LUA or ini's.

< Message edited by KnightHawk75 -- 2/3/2019 7:42:47 PM >

(in reply to Mog1)
Post #: 4
RE: How do I ... ? - 2/3/2019 9:43:14 PM   
Primarchx

quote:

ORIGINAL: KnightHawk75

Another option is just pop into the LUA console in the editor and run the following AFTER Changing the name= and guid = parts to match your unit (which you can get from right clicking the unit and selecting scenario editor\copy id to clipboard and then pasting into console script:

local myunit =  ScenEdit_GetUnit( {name='SAM Bn (SA-21a/b Growler [S-400 Triumf])', guid='9c291657-7c61-4935-a6d3-25face9f7897'} );
--example adding 20 extra channels for sa21\25 missile links, change for what your unit needs. 
ScenEdit_UpdateUnit( {guid=tostring(myunit.guid),mode='add_comms',dbid='267'} );  

Then press Run.
--If you want to check a units comms list before or after you can run this to dump output just make sure it comes after the 'local myunit' line above so that 'myunit' exists for this part of the code:
print('--comms list---');
for i, v in ipairs(myunit.components) do
   if v.comp_type=='CommDevice' then
   print(v);
   end
end
print('--end comms list---');

Also in some cases extra 'Comms' will get added automatically if adding certain Mounts, usually it's a vehicle component for SAM sites that do that, but not always, just saying. For example on the s400 if you add a Vehicle GraveStone 92N2 as Mount it will also add comms links that come with it. Note if you remove the mount though the comms entry that was added will get removed (most of the time anyway). Just wanted to mention it as another round about way to do this without code or ini files, but it will not apply to all things, like if you wanted to add milstar comms to said unit you must do it via LUA or ini's.

Thanks! That looks great. Where's the comms db listing at these days? I used to know... :(

(in reply to KnightHawk75)
Post #: 5
RE: How do I ... ? - 2/5/2019 1:51:45 AM   
KnightHawk75

I replied in another thread about the dump location, but it's in \DB\Database Component ID Number List\db3k_442.txt

Probably time for another dump of it for the next db release, though you can always load up something like sql-lite db browser and just query\dump the related tables.
It's easier usually if you're trying to replicate something that exists on an existing unit though to just query that unit via LUA and see what's what.

(in reply to Primarchx)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> How do I ... ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI