Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Troop Generals and Load Troops action

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Troop Generals and Load Troops action Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Troop Generals and Load Troops action - 2/6/2019 6:38:03 PM   
bubb_tubbs

Admittedly, I'm relatively new to the DWU scene so perhaps this has a setting I'm not aware of, or has been previously discussed, but is there a way to have the transport ships or troop-carrying warships to automatically retrieve a Troop General after a ground combat action has concluded, without manually going into characters and reassigning them?

If not, this seems like a QOL upgrade we should be looking into for DW2, because it's damn tedious if you do a lot of ground actions in various theatres like I do and then have to worry about every single troop general being reassigned to their particular fleets.

I'd think a simple system similar to garrisoning would suffice to make it more manageable: any General that's not assigned as a garrisoned commander is picked up by the fleet loading troops at that location.

Thoughts?
Post #: 1
RE: Troop Generals and Load Troops action - 2/7/2019 11:02:07 PM   
Retreat1970

Not that I know of.

(in reply to bubb_tubbs)
Post #: 2
RE: Troop Generals and Load Troops action - 2/11/2019 11:51:53 AM   
TanC

Been struggling with this as well myself, with no luck of a solution. Any implementation of the garrison system that you propose or even just "locking" the general to a ship would just make it good enough for me.

(in reply to Retreat1970)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Troop Generals and Load Troops action Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI