Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Japanese Mortar Issu

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Japanese Mortar Issu Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Japanese Mortar Issu - 6/17/2001 5:47:00 AM   
IKerensky

I got some pb with the 50mm Japanese Knee Morter in my Japanese Long War Campaign. In fact the pb is not for me but for my opponent. I found that the in-squad 50mm mortar provided to SNFL squads and * suqad is for too much accurate. At 6 hex the first shot is usually with a 60% hit probability, really high for a lobbed weapon. And that became even worst with the elite SNFL troups and there FD of 4. It would be quite logical that it is easy to lob a shell on a 50meter square 300 meters away but even on a small target like a sniper, or a moving light tank the % is still really high from first shoot on . In fact it is really really more accurate to shoot light tank than the AT rifle. Something that looks quite wrong to me. I know that his pesky 13mm penetration will not be a big deal when I will be facing heavy armored british or US troups. But the capability to blow on the first shoot any light tank or APC seems a bit too much. Can someone else have a look at this for version 5.02 ? P.S. Sven please no funny comment, it just tend to make thread less readable. [ June 16, 2001: Message edited by: Ivan GREYWOLF Kerensky ]

Post #: 1
- 6/17/2001 6:09:00 AM   
sven

quote:

Originally posted by Ivan GREYWOLF Kerensky: I got some pb with the 50mm Japanese Knee Morter in my Japanese Long War Campaign. In fact the pb is not for me but for my opponent. I found that the in-squad 50mm mortar provided to SNFL squads and * suqad is for too much accurate. At 6 hex the first shot is usually with a 60% hit probability, really high for a lobbed weapon. And that became even worst with the elite SNFL troups and there FD of 4. It would be quite logical that it is easy to lob a shell on a 50meter square 300 meters away but even on a small target like a sniper, or a moving light tank the % is still really high from first shoot on . In fact it is really really more accurate to shoot light tank than the AT rifle. Something that looks quite wrong to me. I know that his pesky 13mm penetration will not be a big deal when I will be facing heavy armored british or US troups. But the capability to blow on the first shoot any light tank or APC seems a bit too much. Can someone else have a look at this for version 5.02 ? P.S. Sven please no funny comment, it just tend to make thread less readable. [ June 16, 2001: Message edited by: Ivan GREYWOLF Kerensky ]
Ivan i think you are probably right about the mortars being too good. Why don't you e-mail warhorse? You could also wait in the chat area and see if he pops in. regards, sven p.s. I seldom mock serious, reasonable points: and I am NEVER funny.

(in reply to IKerensky)
Post #: 2
- 6/17/2001 8:22:00 PM   
Peregrine Falcon

quote:

Originally posted by Ivan GREYWOLF Kerensky: I got some pb with the 50mm Japanese Knee Morter in my Japanese Long War Campaign. In fact the pb is not for me but for my opponent. I found that the in-squad 50mm mortar provided to SNFL squads and * suqad is for too much accurate. At 6 hex the first shot is usually with a 60% hit probability, really high for a lobbed weapon. And that became even worst with the elite SNFL troups and there FD of 4. It would be quite logical that it is easy to lob a shell on a 50meter square 300 meters away but even on a small target like a sniper, or a moving light tank the % is still really high from first shoot on . In fact it is really really more accurate to shoot light tank than the AT rifle. Something that looks quite wrong to me. I know that his pesky 13mm penetration will not be a big deal when I will be facing heavy armored british or US troups. But the capability to blow on the first shoot any light tank or APC seems a bit too much. Can someone else have a look at this for version 5.02 ? P.S. Sven please no funny comment, it just tend to make thread less readable. [ June 16, 2001: Message edited by: Ivan GREYWOLF Kerensky ]
Oh, my favorite subject! It's stats are really a bit too high. For Type 10, accuracy is 28, and range is 12. According to TM-E 30-480 1944 Technical Manual, its range is 65-175 yards. For Type 89 (or Type 80 in some sources) Max.Range : 131-670 yards. Btw...Was Type 89 really also called "Knee Mortar"? This was a much heavier and larger mortar than Type 10. ( Ok, it was a very COMMON name, but it was a bad translation anyway. I would suggest replacing it with "Leg Mortar" - Term "Knee Mortar" could be too confusing for the AI. It could try firing it against the knee, like some poor stupid Allied soldiers during the WWII ;) ;) BOOM! One more fractured leg bone. :)

--Peregrine Falcon--

(in reply to IKerensky)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Japanese Mortar Issu Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI