Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Name change for the AI

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Name change for the AI Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Name change for the AI - 2/19/2019 7:44:26 PM   
afspret

Based on some recent turns in my game as the Allies vs Japanese AI, I think AI should be changed to IC, which would mean "Intelligence Challenged"! Three times the AI, I mean IC, sent three different surface combat groups towards the Hawaiian Islands and each time I blasted the you know what out of them. Combined they lost 2 BBs, 3 CAs, a CL and some DDs. I lost a small number of combat a/c along with one BB sunk and had 2 others and a CA damaged. Then, if that ain't enough, a TF comprised of nothing but SCs, MGBs and LBs showed up south of PH and I also wiped it out! At first I thought it might be a small invasion force, but the AAR said nothing about troop/equipment loses, so either the LBs were empty or they were carrying supplies! Based on these events, especially the last one, you can see why I think when playing against the computer it should be referred to IC instead of AI!
Post #: 1
RE: Name change for the AI - 2/19/2019 7:46:49 PM   
Leandros

You can't blame it for trying!

Fred

River Wide, Ocean Deep - a book on Operation Sea Lion - www.fredleander.com
Saving MacArthur - a book series on how The Philippines were saved - in 1942! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D34QCWQ/?ie=UTF8&redirect=true&ref=series_rw_dp_labf

(in reply to afspret)
Post #: 2
RE: Name change for the AI - 2/19/2019 7:47:01 PM   
geofflambert

Sounds like you're ready for a human opponent. Get to it.

(in reply to afspret)
Post #: 3
RE: Name change for the AI - 2/19/2019 8:30:38 PM   
GetAssista

quote:

ORIGINAL: afspret
Based on some recent turns in my game as the Allies vs Japanese AI, I think AI should be changed to IC, which would mean "Intelligence Challenged"!

The term you are looking for is "Artificial Idiot"

WITP AI is pretty straightforward with regards to strategy. If it decides that it is time to go for some place, it gathers whatever assets available and goes there no matter the opposition. Unfortunately, stock scenarios can quickly run out of assets for him to use. Try playing Ironman ones, where AI gets A LOT more material and thus can keep the game interesting for longer.

Or listen to our green friend and consider playing some other human. PBEM is a completely different game compared to AI, much more exciting and engaging.

< Message edited by GetAssista -- 2/19/2019 8:32:59 PM >

(in reply to afspret)
Post #: 4
RE: Name change for the AI - 2/19/2019 11:36:13 PM   
JoV

Are you running the latest AI patches? There is a thread here which covers the topic pretty comprehensively http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4257473

Only ask as there was a 'bug' which sent Japanese TF's on suicide runs directly into Pearl Harbour which I believe was fixed by a more recent update? I've certainly encountered the same thing in the past, but haven't gone back to an AI game to see if there are any changes...

(in reply to GetAssista)
Post #: 5
RE: Name change for the AI - 2/20/2019 5:08:41 AM   
JeffroK

Still happens.

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

(in reply to JoV)
Post #: 6
RE: Name change for the AI - 2/20/2019 8:14:57 AM   
Leandros

I have experienced this recently, too.

Fred

River Wide, Ocean Deep - a book on Operation Sea Lion - www.fredleander.com
Saving MacArthur - a book series on how The Philippines were saved - in 1942! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D34QCWQ/?ie=UTF8&redirect=true&ref=series_rw_dp_labf

(in reply to JeffroK)
Post #: 7
RE: Name change for the AI - 2/20/2019 7:45:40 PM   
rustysi

The AI is simply something of a 'proving' ground to see if you're desires/tactics/strategies may be relevant in a PBEM. And its not perfect there either.

Let's be honest. With a game as complex as this you'd need a budget similar the a nations' defense budget to write the AI. I see it as a punching bag/learning tool. Use it for that and move on to PBEM.

It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

(in reply to Leandros)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Name change for the AI Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI