Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

air campaigns only or easier scenarios

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Scenario Design and Modding >> air campaigns only or easier scenarios Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
air campaigns only or easier scenarios - 4/4/2018 2:50:23 PM   
lunca

Is it possible to make air to air battle only via game editor?
I want to play let's say "Battle for Britain" or something like that.

I am also interested or, I want to have easier scenarios for the training purpose. Only few units on both side. Is it possible to make also?
Post #: 1
RE: air campaigns only or easier scenarios - 12/19/2018 10:01:14 AM   
lunca

I'm still looking for simple scenarios, only few units on both side, size battalion or brigade for the training purpose.

(in reply to lunca)
Post #: 2
RE: air campaigns only or easier scenarios - 12/19/2018 9:21:40 PM   
Joel Billings

Yes, it should be possible in the editor to create an air game only. Set the "Victory Condition" in the editor to "Air Battle". You can also make scenarios with just a few units if you want to.

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to lunca)
Post #: 3
RE: air campaigns only or easier scenarios - 12/19/2018 9:54:12 PM   
IslandInland

quote:

ORIGINAL: lunca

Is it possible to make air to air battle only via game editor?
I want to play let's say "Battle for Britain" or something like that.

I am also interested or, I want to have easier scenarios for the training purpose. Only few units on both side. Is it possible to make also?

The Operation Torch DLC has two air only campaigns, Pointblank Directive 1944 amd Weakest Link.

http://www.matrixgames.com/store/product.asp?gid=572

The game system and associated editor are very flexible although given the hardcoded weekly turns and 10 mile hex size it might not suit battalion-sized scenarios. However I suggest you experiment with the editor to get a feel for it.

You could start by editing a pre-existing scenario.

< Message edited by IslandInland -- 12/19/2018 10:01:20 PM >

War In The East 2 Beta Tester and
War In The West Operation Torch Beta Tester
XXXCorps

(in reply to lunca)
Post #: 4
RE: air campaigns only or easier scenarios - 2/22/2019 12:03:57 PM   
lunca

Thanks for your answers.

I'm getting through editor manual but it's not perfectly clear to me how to properly set HQ's and logistics (English is not my first language). I want clear scenario, 2 or 3 units per side, appropriate logistics and HQ. Can I please someone who makes to me that simple scenario. I would have it as an example.

(in reply to IslandInland)
Post #: 5
RE: air campaigns only or easier scenarios - 2/23/2019 3:18:30 PM   
lunca

I tried to make a simple scenery but I still do not understand how to:
- do the correct command structure (chain of command), for only few units (3 ground and 3 air units for each side)
- how do I define what are axis and what are allied territories (hexes)? I want, for example, half of Tunisia is Axis and half is Allied territories.

(in reply to lunca)
Post #: 6
RE: air campaigns only or easier scenarios - 2/27/2019 8:36:32 PM   
RedLancer

Command Structure is set in the unit tab (off map editing) you set the HHQ (Top Left 2nd Line)to the slot of the HQ in command. So if your HQ is #1 and the Units are #2, #3 & #4 they should all have HHQ set to #1.

Map ownership is done "on map". Once the map is showing press W so that the side who is going to own the hex is showing. Press E to highlight hex ownership. Enemy hexes are shaded pink. Select hex and then press U to change ownership. (When you master that there is a more advanced method you can use via the map editor - press ¬ and select CTRL)

John
WitE2 Asst Producer
WitE & WitW Dev

(in reply to lunca)
Post #: 7
RE: air campaigns only or easier scenarios - 2/28/2019 6:54:13 PM   
lunca

On Sicily I made a test scenario for the purpose of testing the command chain and logistic (proper supply): East side is German, West side is Britain position. On German side I set it up one Pz. division (Herman Goering Pz div.) and one Air base unit (Comiso Air base) with 1./JG53). What is proper chain of command with good supply for these two units?

I did it like this:
1.For Air command:
OKL (XXXXX) -> Luftflotte (XXXX) -> Flieger Corps (XXX) -> Comiso Air Base (XX) -> 1./JG53

2. For ground command:
OKW (XXXXX) -> Army (XXXX) -> Corps (XXX) -> Herman Goering Pz div.(XX)

Questions:
Is such a long chain of command always necessary or something can be shortened (short cut)?
Is the command structure the same, if only a few units are involved or if there are many units?
What is best for good logistics in my case?

p.s.
In the future I want to form German Africa Corps so I'm researching what would be the best command and logistics structure for this case.

(in reply to RedLancer)
Post #: 8
RE: air campaigns only or easier scenarios - 2/28/2019 7:14:01 PM   
RedLancer

For the air command you don't need the airbase in the chain. JG53 should answer directly to the Flieger Corps. The airbase itself can get away with answering to the Luftflotte due to the command ranges. Command for air units and airbases are separate but there are penalties if the unit and airbase have different HHQs.

You can cut the command chain but when the command and admin checks are made a shortened chain is disadvantageous. Loki100 can explain why if he reads this as my maths aren't good enough.

I have to ask how much you have played? If you have dived straight into editing then you are braver than I - I have a different approach - I play - I lose - then edit myself stronger and lose slightly less!

John
WitE2 Asst Producer
WitE & WitW Dev

(in reply to lunca)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Scenario Design and Modding >> air campaigns only or easier scenarios Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI