Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Neogodhobo VS TheLysander AAR

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> After Action Reports >> RE: Neogodhobo VS TheLysander AAR Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Neogodhobo VS TheLysander AAR - 2/22/2019 2:46:22 PM   
Neogodhobo

South 29-31

Turn 29

Turn 29 battle of Kursk

Turn 30

Turn 31

(in reply to Neogodhobo)
Post #: 61
RE: Neogodhobo VS TheLysander AAR - 2/22/2019 2:48:24 PM   
Neogodhobo

Statistic and Misc TURN 29

(in reply to Neogodhobo)
Post #: 62
RE: Neogodhobo VS TheLysander AAR - 2/23/2019 10:12:54 PM   
Neogodhobo

Next AAR soon to come, will include a massive turn 30 to 37. As detailed as these previous AAR from the Winter ( so not that much detailed) but still, people find it acceptable, so why not.

One thing to note. While I was really down earlier about my disastrous performance, I have regained all the joy of playing now. I just had to push a little trough the bad part but now I am SO EXCITED for next winter. To show off what I have learned since, to try to do better. I am also eager for the summer offensive coming as I am hoping to do a lot better. All in all, Im pumped. The game has become even more fun now that I have pushed trough the very depressive and frustrating parts of it. Winter seems to be more calm now, the enemy is not pushing as much and my lines are starting to be more stable as I receive all my previously destroyed Infantry Divisions.

Things are starting to be interesting again and I have found much joy and fun trying to defend my lines against a vastly superior in number enemy. Its almost like an entirely new game altogether. I believe this game is all about that. Moments of joy as you crush your enemy, moments of anger, and frustration as your plans are being crushed. You feel all kinds of emotion playing it from high to low, and it makes you feel like a General, trough epic, good, bad and worst. The decision to stay in the game ( as my opponent honorably propose we end the game if I didnt want to continue ) was the best decisions I made. I was seriously considering abandoning the game and I didnt. And Im very much enjoying myself right now.

So anyway yeah, next AAR, probably tomorrow, maybe tonight ( but dont count on it ). Thanks for watching and following my epic adventure into the Steppe of Russia.

< Message edited by Neogodhobo -- 2/23/2019 10:14:35 PM >

(in reply to Neogodhobo)
Post #: 63
RE: Neogodhobo VS TheLysander AAR - 2/23/2019 10:45:41 PM   
Fanstar1

I haven't seen soviets in Nikolaev in winter 41 ever. This is a first it seems. You still have chance to recover in 42, so will be interesting what happens next!

(in reply to Neogodhobo)
Post #: 64
RE: Neogodhobo VS TheLysander AAR - 2/23/2019 11:57:41 PM   
EwaldvonKleist

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fanstar1

I haven't seen soviets in Nikolaev in winter 41 ever. This is a first it seems. You still have chance to recover in 42, so will be interesting what happens next!

Not really a chance i think unlesss Lysander screws up completely. I think Soviets will be on the offensive from now on to the end of the game. Well done AAR.

Btw, I love to see a guards motorized div!

< Message edited by EwaldvonKleist -- 2/23/2019 11:58:46 PM >

(in reply to Fanstar1)
Post #: 65
RE: Neogodhobo VS TheLysander AAR - 2/24/2019 1:24:07 AM   
Neogodhobo

I wonder if my AAR will be known as the absolute "What not to do"

(in reply to EwaldvonKleist)
Post #: 66
RE: Neogodhobo VS TheLysander AAR - 2/24/2019 7:24:01 AM   
Dinglir

I have seen people make these mistakes again and agian. I also did them myself, when I started out playing the Axis. The point is that setting out, the learning curve for an Axis player is much steeper than it is for a Soviet one. Later on, I believe it is reversed. In order to master the Soviets, you need to play reactively, and that is a lot harder than deciding where things will happen.

Congrats on you doing a great AAR and congrats for learning a lot.

To be is to do -- Socrates
To do is to be -- Jean-Paul Sartre
Do be do be do -- Frank Sinatra

(in reply to Neogodhobo)
Post #: 67
RE: Neogodhobo VS TheLysander AAR - 2/24/2019 12:38:49 PM   
BrianG

quote:

I love to see a guards motorized div!

but sad when it disbands,

keep on fighting.

(in reply to EwaldvonKleist)
Post #: 68
RE: Neogodhobo VS TheLysander AAR - 2/24/2019 3:14:20 PM   
Neogodhobo

Frontline turn 32 -39

(in reply to BrianG)
Post #: 69
RE: Neogodhobo VS TheLysander AAR - 2/24/2019 3:20:18 PM   
Neogodhobo

Northern Front 32 -39

Turn 29 is shown in the Frontline post above, they were not much going on in that turn so I just made a Frontline overview. Although, this is the turn where I put all my Infantry Div. to 50% TOE. Started bringing all my Pz.Gr in the rear line in order to reorganize more. And I will do this every turn until May/June. My manpower is so far at 28,000.

(in reply to Neogodhobo)
Post #: 70
RE: Neogodhobo VS TheLysander AAR - 2/24/2019 3:26:33 PM   
Neogodhobo

Central Front turn 32-37

(in reply to Neogodhobo)
Post #: 71
RE: Neogodhobo VS TheLysander AAR - 2/24/2019 3:31:35 PM   
Neogodhobo

I just realized I mistakenly wrote " Kharkov " intead of Kursk but Im sure you guys understood either way.

(in reply to Neogodhobo)
Post #: 72
RE: Neogodhobo VS TheLysander AAR - 2/24/2019 3:34:48 PM   
Neogodhobo

SOUTHERN FRONT Turn 32-39

< Message edited by Neogodhobo -- 2/24/2019 3:42:19 PM >

(in reply to Neogodhobo)
Post #: 73
RE: Neogodhobo VS TheLysander AAR - 2/24/2019 3:39:09 PM   
Neogodhobo

Soviet estimated losses for the winter so far has been between 500k and 700k.

Losses turn 32

Losses turn

Air losses turn 32

OOB turn 32

OOB Turn 38

(in reply to Neogodhobo)
Post #: 74
RE: Neogodhobo VS TheLysander AAR - 2/24/2019 4:06:22 PM   
Fanstar1

7 million during winter counteroffensive? yeah your odds are approaching 0.

(in reply to Neogodhobo)
Post #: 75
RE: Neogodhobo VS TheLysander AAR - 2/24/2019 6:09:13 PM   
Crackaces

I am not sure the energy is best spent wondering wins or losses but focused on the journey. Right now you are documenting an entire game behavior with the Soviets having almost 7M men during the first winter offense . That is going to yield a result that can be compared to say the 2x3 game where the Soviets are under 5M. That analysis will yield lots of data points and opionins. For example the Super Lvov pocket results vs the results in this game.

When we get enough inputs eventually a set of recommendations can be made that given the players skill a set of home rules and game settings to make an exciting enjoyable game.

"What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know. It's what we know for sure that just ain't so"

(in reply to Fanstar1)
Post #: 76
RE: Neogodhobo VS TheLysander AAR - 2/24/2019 7:21:13 PM   
Neogodhobo

Exactly, its not even about winning or losing, its about playing the game and having fun. And Im having quite a lot of fun actually

(in reply to Crackaces)
Post #: 77
RE: Neogodhobo VS TheLysander AAR - 2/24/2019 10:27:30 PM   
TunganNinja

Can't speak for anyone else, but I have been enjoying this AAR quite a lot. And yes, as Crackaces mentioned, it has led to very interesting results that we can study. Right now though, I'm looking forward to your answer for the Soviets in '42!

< Message edited by TunganNinja -- 2/24/2019 10:28:15 PM >

(in reply to Neogodhobo)
Post #: 78
RE: Neogodhobo VS TheLysander AAR - 2/24/2019 10:47:35 PM   
Neogodhobo

In a few turn, summer will be here. I am skipping the mud turn as there is nothing happening on both side apart from reorganization and minor things ( wich I have taken quick pictures but nothing big).
Summer should be in my hands by tomorrow, or the day after.

(in reply to TunganNinja)
Post #: 79
RE: Neogodhobo VS TheLysander AAR - 2/25/2019 12:38:47 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

HOLY SMOKES!!! Are you playing a speed game? How many turns a day are you two doing?

(in reply to Neogodhobo)
Post #: 80
RE: Neogodhobo VS TheLysander AAR - 2/25/2019 4:00:48 AM   
Neogodhobo

usually, 3 turns per day.

(in reply to HardLuckYetAgain)
Post #: 81
RE: Neogodhobo VS TheLysander AAR - 2/25/2019 11:44:14 PM   
John B.

Just saw this AAR and I"m all caught up. Thanks for putting so much effort into it. And, I admire your warrior spirit. It ain't over until it's over and, in the interim, you get to break a few of his units, push into Leningrad and declare victory. :)

(in reply to Neogodhobo)
Post #: 82
RE: Neogodhobo VS TheLysander AAR - 2/26/2019 3:58:11 AM   
bigbaba1111

quote:

ORIGINAL: John B.

Just saw this AAR and I"m all caught up. Thanks for putting so much effort into it. And, I admire your warrior spirit. It ain't over until it's over and, in the interim, you get to break a few of his units, push into Leningrad and declare victory. :)

i second most of that. except the victory part.

mnuch respect to you for keeping to play a lost war.

(in reply to John B.)
Post #: 83
RE: Neogodhobo VS TheLysander AAR - 2/27/2019 7:40:18 AM   
821Bobo

If I would be playing Soviets I would offer you surrender. This cannot be any fun even for Soviets.

(in reply to bigbaba1111)
Post #: 84
RE: Neogodhobo VS TheLysander AAR - 2/27/2019 2:18:51 PM   
Crackaces

quote:

ORIGINAL: 821Bobo

If I would be playing Soviets I would offer you surrender. This cannot be any fun even for Soviets.

First, fun can be defined as striving for a win as defined by the game designers. Certainly chess is in that category. When a player losses a queen and things look lopsided it cannot be very fun to go through the motions. But I might propose that WITE between two players focused on a journey might still be enjoyable.

The games that go to the very end are very rare. I am assuming that two players engaging in this monster game for the journey rather than the result is indeed a rare event. But when games are played to the very end even when the "game has been decided" the community learns much and the game gets better. Myself, I learned a lot from SmokingDave vs BrianG for example.

"What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know. It's what we know for sure that just ain't so"

(in reply to 821Bobo)
Post #: 85
RE: Neogodhobo VS TheLysander AAR - 2/27/2019 2:33:40 PM   
821Bobo

I am taking it from my perspective. I had games where I stopped Axis at Dneper and then offered ending the game because it was not fun at all for me.
And also obviously Lysander is flipping turns here but I get in my game versus him 1 per 2 days at best. Thats a quite hypocritical.

(in reply to Crackaces)
Post #: 86
RE: Neogodhobo VS TheLysander AAR - 2/27/2019 2:42:40 PM   
Neogodhobo

There is a possibility of ending the game here. just to let people know. We are in a peace talk right now, proposing a conditional surrender ( I get to keep Germany's core land, forfeiting (occupied) Poland to the Soviet.
Nothing is set in stone here and the Soviet might refuse the peace talk. The war is still going on as normal in between the talks but soldiers might be dying for nothing.

Peace would bring a lot of soldiers home for the defense of France, Germany, Italy and other parts of the frontline. Land in the Soviet Union might be but a dream away. The war might continue though so like I said, nothing is set in stones.

(in reply to 821Bobo)
Post #: 87
RE: Neogodhobo VS TheLysander AAR - 2/28/2019 12:31:46 AM   
Neogodhobo

< Message edited by Neogodhobo -- 2/28/2019 7:01:18 PM >

(in reply to Neogodhobo)
Post #: 88
RE: Neogodhobo VS TheLysander AAR - 2/28/2019 8:38:08 PM   
Saulust

No Peace out yet please... enjoying this effort kudos.

However, I am just wondering why no one is yet to comment on Neo's railway repair paths that the FBDs are on in this game?

I really don't like the paths Neogdhobo has taken them by, not sure if these have led to the bad situation down south in particular but they are definitely not expertly optimised IMHO.

I'm not poking fun at them, just hoping for constructive criticism here, as the RR net is something I am still perfecting in my SP games as Germany, so I was really looking for an AAR focused on them to a degree, like this one.

Firstly, who still sends FBD 3 via Breat-Litovsk-Baronavichi-... in support of Guderian's Pz Grp 2, since I find in best to RR it on T1 up to start the line towards Kaunus and then send it repairing towards Vilnius on T2 to then down to Minsk, which may not best best but is what I do for now which I think gets it further east quicker than B-L-Baron... etc.

Secondly, I also thought that Neo... sent the northern most (FBD 4) too far west along the coast north from Riga, personally I go north-east with it from Riga heading to Pskov, if not just to support Pz Grp 4 with supplies but also to plonk down some LW airbases on connected RR hexes behind them but as close as I can get them.

Thirdly, how far back from the banks of the Dnepr is the one in the AGS area (FBD 1) going the way Neo's path is going... isn't it best to move via northern Rumania/Bukavina?

< Message edited by Saulust -- 2/28/2019 8:41:20 PM >

(in reply to Neogodhobo)
Post #: 89
RE: Neogodhobo VS TheLysander AAR - 2/28/2019 9:11:51 PM   
Neogodhobo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Saulust
I am just wondering why no one is yet to comment on Neo's railway repair paths...but they are definitely not expertly optimised IMHO.

Your question can be answered in the first post of the AAR, wich I have quoted here :
quote:

ORIGINAL: Neogodhobo

...I am not a very methodical, expert...I am not very experienced and this is my first real multiplayer game.... I am not looking for advice as it wouldnt be very fair to my opponent.

Either way, the game is over now, so feel free to discussed.

< Message edited by Neogodhobo -- 2/28/2019 9:57:02 PM >

(in reply to Neogodhobo)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> After Action Reports >> RE: Neogodhobo VS TheLysander AAR Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI