Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Scenarios for Testing: The Belkan War Scenarios 1-6

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Scenarios for Testing: The Belkan War Scenarios 1-6 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Scenarios for Testing: The Belkan War Scenarios 1-6 - 8/21/2018 2:17:49 AM   
BurntChickenDot

I have been working on adapting the missions from an old PS2 game called Ace Combat Zero into CMANO scenarios, and the first four are now ready for testing.

Due to the limitations of CMANO, Germany acts as a stand-in for Belka, Switzerland represents Ustio, and France represents Osea due to rough geographical similarity.

In these adaptations, all three ace styles are considered canon. Expect to face forces from all three branches of the game at once.

The scenarios included are as follows:

Operation Crossbow- Adaptation of Mission 1: Glacial Skies. Defend Valais Air Base from Belkan bombers. Short, sweet and pretty simple.

Operation Roselein- Adaptation of Mission 2: Annex. Repel the Belkan forces invading southern Ustio. Once again, fairly short and simple.

Operation Choker One- Adaptation of Mission 3: The Round Table. Pure air to air, fighter vs. fighter. Completely overhauled as of 3/2/19.

Offensive Campaign no. 4101- Adaptation of Mission 4: Juggernaut. Move the Osean Third Fleet through the Futuro Canal (modeled here as the Oresund Strait) while being attacked from all sides. By far the largest and most complex of the scenarios currently ready.

Operation Varsity- Adaptation of Mission 5: Flicker of Hope. Liberate the mountain town of Solis Ortus from Belkan occupation with a combined paratroop and armored assault. Mostly air to ground with some air to air elements.

Operation Constantine- Adaptation of Mission 6: Diapason. Secure air superiority over the city of Directus and push the Belkans out of Ustio once and for all.

Feedback is very much appreciated, as I am new to CMANO scenario design.

UPDATE: Updated version with revised Glacial Skies and Annex uploaded.

UPDATE 3/2/19: Updated version with complete overhaul of The Round Table and added Mission 5: Flicker of Hope. This has been attached to the main post.

UPDATE 3/15/19: Updated version with Mission 6: Diapason and minor improvements to missions 2, 4 and 5. The download in the main post has been updated.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by BurntChickenDot -- 3/15/2019 9:33:13 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Scenarios for Testing: The Belkan War Scenarios 1-4 - 8/22/2018 12:31:35 AM   
Excroat3

Enjoyed the scenarios! DM sent to you on discord.

(in reply to BurntChickenDot)
Post #: 2
RE: Scenarios for Testing: The Belkan War Scenarios 1-4 - 8/22/2018 2:41:37 PM   
BurntChickenDot

Thank you for your feedback. Hopefully I'll have them updated and re-posted within the next few days.

(in reply to Excroat3)
Post #: 3
RE: Scenarios for Testing: The Belkan War Scenarios 1-4 - 8/22/2018 6:04:06 PM   
Cik

~spanish guitar thrums in the background~

Post #: 4
RE: Scenarios for Testing: The Belkan War Scenarios 1-4 - 8/26/2018 10:51:23 PM   
BurntChickenDot

Update: Uploaded version with updated missions 1 and 2. Mission times have been reduced to better match expected combat time, minor adjustments have been made to AI mission setup in Glacial Skies, and other QoL alterations were made to both missions.

Missions have also been renamed to correspond directly to their ACZ names, and numbered to appear in the proper order.

Work is currently progressing on Mission 5: Flicker of Hope.

A reminder that Annex and the upcoming Flicker of Hope both use Cargo mechanics, which are only available if you own the Chains of War expansion. I will look into creating non-CoW versions of both missions down the line.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Cik)
Post #: 5
RE: Scenarios for Testing: The Belkan War Scenarios 1-4 - 3/3/2019 2:21:08 AM   
BurntChickenDot

Update: It has been a while, but I am pleased to upload a new version of the Ace Combat Zero mission pack.

Additions are: A complete overhaul of Mission 3: The Round Table, making it more than just a simple brawl.

A new mission: Liberate the mountain town of Solis Ortus from Belkan occupation in preparation to retake the capital, Directus, in Mission 5: Flicker of Hope!

These new missions have been attached below!

Attachment (1)

Post #: 6
RE: Scenarios for Testing: The Belkan War Scenarios 1-4 - 3/15/2019 9:32:56 PM   
BurntChickenDot

The sixth mission of the series is ready for testing, and is included in the pack attached both here and in the main post.

Once again, any feedback is appreciated.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Scenarios for Testing: The Belkan War Scenarios 1-6 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI