Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Spying could use a facelift

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Spying could use a facelift Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Spying could use a facelift - 3/8/2019 11:30:05 PM   
ElvisJJonesRambo

An entire redo could be done for "Spying". Currently, there's some 1% chance for ever unit on the board that each level of spying will reveal. So if there's 100 pieces, you get to see on average....you get the math. Thing is, do I really want to see that Garrison in Costa Rica, West Africa, and maybe some Destroyer in the middle of nowhere land.

This would be a real good enhancement to the game. Smarter minds than me could think of some good Spying & Espionage instead of the Garrison in Iceland...you get the idea.

1) Reports reveal that Russians have begun new construction on Heavy Tanks. One type of tech is learning about the an opponents build or two. New Russian SU-122 units will be completed in January 1943.
2) Show the path of a cool ship, not a game changer, but something more than the current position. Shows the beginning and end of the piece, or at least the direction it was last sailing.
3) Captured prisoners at Dneipper River line give some FOW lifting in 3 hexes radius.
4) Do the opposite, let the information be "where there is NOT a unit". Port of Whatever has been un-garrisoned
5) There had to be spies in the USA, watching ports. Ship so-in-so has be debarked in San Diego. New York spies report 3-Armies headed SE past Statue of Liberty.
6) Could have decoy units. 3 Fake Decoy Tanks units under Patton in England.
7) think of your own

Without Him, I could do nothing
Without Him, I'd surely fail
Without Him, I would be drifting
Like a ship without a sail
Post #: 1
RE: Spying could use a facelift - 3/9/2019 1:02:49 AM   
sveint

I like it. Good suggestions.

< Message edited by sveint -- 3/9/2019 1:03:12 AM >

(in reply to ElvisJJonesRambo)
Post #: 2
RE: Spying could use a facelift - 3/9/2019 4:10:05 AM   
aquavita

1, 2 (The ending), and 5.

Great suggestions!

Master Sun sier: "Allment gjelder følgende metoder for å anvende styrker..."

(in reply to sveint)
Post #: 3
RE: Spying could use a facelift - 3/9/2019 2:38:10 PM   
Baskaatje

Another interesting way to use spying is to pay MMP's and get for a certain time an area to focus your spying on. For the Axis this could be more expensive in the US and UK than in North Africa or the Balkans. For the Allies more expensive in the Axis countries (Germany, Italy and Japan) than in occupied countries.

He who complains about the cost of knowledge, should look at the price of stupidity!

(in reply to aquavita)
Post #: 4
RE: Spying could use a facelift - 3/9/2019 3:48:06 PM   
boudi

Spying also speeding up research by providing intelligence on the enemy’s own developments. I put allways MPPs on spying and intelligence for this.

(in reply to Baskaatje)
Post #: 5
RE: Spying could use a facelift - 3/11/2019 5:29:48 AM   
Hubert Cater

Thanks and we can see how the possible dozens of popups can be a bit much as well and will look into an adjustment here too.

(in reply to boudi)
Post #: 6
RE: Spying could use a facelift - 3/11/2019 3:21:55 PM   
Robert24

Good day all,

I have thought about this also… in my readings of WW2 the value of intelligence, when it was successful, was very beneficial to the one discovering enemy movements or concentrations.

How about instead of intelligence revealing (what seems to be) random units, that ships and headquarters are revealed instead?

-Robert

(in reply to Hubert Cater)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Spying could use a facelift Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI