Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Wishlist stuff

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Armored Brigade >> Wishlist stuff Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Wishlist stuff - 3/4/2019 9:53:40 PM   
Artillerist

Current wishlist stuff in no particular order, and subject to change;

1. Additional Attitudes for fire missions: Attitude 0800 mils, and 2400 mils

2. Artillery target dimensions; Right now we can scale missions down to 150m x 150m which seems designed to encourage area fire and/or reflect poor cold war era TLE, but ends up excluding the possibility for certain types of fire missions, precision fire [precision fire is different from precision munitions], converged sheaf, and destruction missions.

3. On-map fire support units with adjustable target dimensions just like off-map.

4. Fire support Stats!

5. Career stats.

6. Firing icons near the approximate locations of SAMs and artillery/mortars to facilitate counter-battery fire and artillery SEAD. [I could imagine people being skeptical of this one if the AI isn't capable of taking advantage of this]

7. There are other things as well, on-map units etc but these things are easily modded/added. For example I'd like to see the M109 and FISTERS but I've added both of these units already.
Post #: 1
RE: Wishlist stuff - 3/7/2019 3:37:01 AM   
Veitikka

quote:

ORIGINAL: Artillerist

5. Career stats.

Currently I'm working on a campaign generator.

Know thyself!

(in reply to Artillerist)
Post #: 2
RE: Wishlist stuff - 3/7/2019 6:41:05 AM   
Roby7979

quote:

ORIGINAL: Veitikka

quote:

ORIGINAL: Artillerist

5. Career stats.

Currently I'm working on a campaign generator.

Very nice!

(in reply to Veitikka)
Post #: 3
RE: Wishlist stuff - 3/7/2019 11:49:48 AM   
Lowlaner2012

Very cool, looking forward to it's release 😀

(in reply to Veitikka)
Post #: 4
RE: Wishlist stuff - 3/9/2019 5:53:07 PM   
returntoforever8

Campaign generator is EXACTLY what we need ( besides MP of course ... one can only dream :) Thank you for the update and good luck!

(in reply to Lowlaner2012)
Post #: 5
RE: Wishlist stuff - 3/13/2019 2:51:11 AM   
reg_reg

I think that it would be useful to use one thread to collect ideas and proposals, and we could this one if no one objects.

My proposal is related to control of dismounted infantry squads:
1. After I dismount infantry I usually want to give them specific orders, for example, to send them to sweep houses or forest edge ahead, while I keep vehicles behind as mobile reserve.

2. In order to do it, I have to detach infantry squads from rest of the platoon and give them individual orders. There is an order delay associated with that, but things can also become very messy and disorganized when you have a dozen squads in the same area.

3. Would it be possible to regroup dismounted infantry squads as a new, temporary infantry platoon? It would be much easier to control them and IMO it makes sense to assume that dismounted squads are trained to fight together as an infantry platoon.

(in reply to returntoforever8)
Post #: 6
RE: Wishlist stuff - 3/13/2019 4:07:38 PM   
Perturabo

quote:

ORIGINAL: reg_reg

I think that it would be useful to use one thread to collect ideas and proposals, and we could this one if no one objects.

My proposal is related to control of dismounted infantry squads:
1. After I dismount infantry I usually want to give them specific orders, for example, to send them to sweep houses or forest edge ahead, while I keep vehicles behind as mobile reserve.

2. In order to do it, I have to detach infantry squads from rest of the platoon and give them individual orders. There is an order delay associated with that, but things can also become very messy and disorganized when you have a dozen squads in the same area.

3. Would it be possible to regroup dismounted infantry squads as a new, temporary infantry platoon? It would be much easier to control them and IMO it makes sense to assume that dismounted squads are trained to fight together as an infantry platoon.

I usually manually detach the vehicles from the platoon by selecting them and either pressing del or issuing an order to them.
Though a button for automatically detaching the transports would be great as it's somewhat bothersome.

Though I'm not sure if it makes sense to keep infantry in formation for MOUT.

People shouldn't ask themselves why schools get shoot up.
They should ask themselves why people who finish schools burned out due to mobbing aren't receiving high enough compensations to not seek vengeance.

(in reply to reg_reg)
Post #: 7
RE: Wishlist stuff - 3/14/2019 2:26:28 AM   
reg_reg

That is one way to do it. I personally prefer to detach infantry as I like to use vehicles as reserve / flanking unit.

I guess that I could use CTRL to group squads together. It is not only delay, but it is also that I lose track of individual squads (when I have squads from multiple platoons) and it is a tedious job to bring them back to vehicles.

(in reply to Perturabo)
Post #: 8
RE: Wishlist stuff - 3/14/2019 8:07:21 PM   
Veitikka

I think selecting all vehicles or squads in a formation could be a very useful feature. Where should be the UI button for it? And/or should it be a hotkey?

Know thyself!

(in reply to reg_reg)
Post #: 9
RE: Wishlist stuff - 3/14/2019 11:21:37 PM   
reg_reg

My proposal would be to use right-click + Shift to activate a pop-up menu. We are already using left-click + Shift to add an individual unit to selection, so this would be intuitive extension of this interface.

That menu could contain the following items:
SELECT FORMATION - useful if a unit is detached and we want to locate a formation to which it belongs to.
SELECT ALL - useful if multiple units are detached and we want to issue orders to all units. We would not need to select a formation and detached units separately.
SELECT VEHICLES
SELECT SQUADS

I think that shortcut would not be required in that case.

< Message edited by reg_reg -- 3/14/2019 11:22:28 PM >

(in reply to Veitikka)
Post #: 10
RE: Wishlist stuff - 3/18/2019 2:38:00 PM   
Veitikka

quote:

ORIGINAL: reg_reg

My proposal would be to use right-click + Shift to activate a pop-up menu. We are already using left-click + Shift to add an individual unit to selection, so this would be intuitive extension of this interface.

That menu could contain the following items:
SELECT FORMATION - useful if a unit is detached and we want to locate a formation to which it belongs to.
SELECT ALL - useful if multiple units are detached and we want to issue orders to all units. We would not need to select a formation and detached units separately.
SELECT VEHICLES
SELECT SQUADS

I think that shortcut would not be required in that case.

Something like this can be a good idea.

Know thyself!

(in reply to reg_reg)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Armored Brigade >> Wishlist stuff Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI