Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

The finished image, IT'S ART COME LOOKEY!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> The finished image, IT'S ART COME LOOKEY! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The finished image, IT'S ART COME LOOKEY! - 6/18/2001 3:22:00 AM   
Gumby3D

=c) Hay there so, even though I didn't get any reply on my tracer question, I figured what the hell ;c) So here's the original: And here's the edited one: This screenshot was taken in Sudden-Strike, a real time strategy game based on WWII... I was considering doing a piece for SP:WaW but I'm lacking in any decent action shots... If you have any post em, I'd be really grateful... BTW, I know the image is a little dark, just close the blinds to get the full effect, I really wanted the explosion, the tracers, and the glow on the T34 to be worth something ;c) Cheers ~Chris

Post #: 1
- 6/18/2001 3:39:00 AM   
Drex

Well you're right, Sudden Strike has the best graphics of any wargame I've seen but its real-time engine leaves something to be desired. If only it could play like SPWAW.

quote:

Col Saito: "Don't speak to me of rules! This is war! It is not a game of cricket!"

(in reply to Gumby3D)
Post #: 2
- 6/18/2001 3:46:00 AM   
Gumby3D

I really agree, although if you do try and play tactically in Sudden-Strike you'll get rewarded with a victory... People who rush their forces in the beginning never win. Cheers ~Gumby3D

(in reply to Gumby3D)
Post #: 3
- 6/18/2001 7:16:00 AM   
Drex

i probably should give it another try.

quote:

Col Saito: "Don't speak to me of rules! This is war! It is not a game of cricket!"

(in reply to Gumby3D)
Post #: 4
- 6/18/2001 7:43:00 AM   
Figmo

WOW - those are some fantastic Pics!! I may have to check it out too!! Figmo

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes ...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, f

(in reply to Gumby3D)
Post #: 5
- 6/18/2001 8:25:00 AM   
pops

Yup cool pics...but if you haven't tried it...don't get your hopes up...it plays like Command and Conquer....fun for what it is but nothing at all like SPWAW or even Close Combat.

(in reply to Gumby3D)
Post #: 6
- 6/18/2001 9:07:00 AM   
Gumby3D

Hehe ya, it is RTS I'll give you that, but I can swear on... .... my grandfather's grave it does not play like Command & Conquer... Don't generalize eh? You sound like one of those C&C thugs who say turn based wargaming sucks with all those hexes and junk. ;c) Sudden-Strike is one of the few RTS games I've liked, hell it's what got me into this WWII thing so it's gotta be worth something right? Oh BTW, the second pick is the edited one of the first ;c) Don't be hopin it's gunna look like that... Albeit the graphics are rad, but not THAT good =cP Cheers ~Chris

(in reply to Gumby3D)
Post #: 7
- 6/18/2001 9:36:00 AM   
Tombstone

I'm with you Gumby. But I do think that the game is a few decisions away from a great game. It's all to touchy. They needed to slow the pace of the game down somehow (not an easy task I'm sure), I do like the game though. If played properly the game meets out harsh punishment to the those who do not plan. Check out KOHAN:IMMORTAL SOVEREIGNS. It's a very interesting RTS. The most significant and rich change in the genre since the '3d revolution' (however much a real revolution it is). Tomo

(in reply to Gumby3D)
Post #: 8
- 6/18/2001 8:34:00 PM   
pops

Hey I like RTS too I'm just warning people who like the graphics in those screenshots that they may not like the game that goes with it....remember what game's message boarf you're on...

(in reply to Gumby3D)
Post #: 9
- 6/18/2001 9:35:00 PM   
Gumby3D

? If you're suggesting I post should have posted this on the Sudden-Strike forums.... I'm sorry if I upset some kind of balance here :rolleyes: but still your attitude towards RTS is a little sour. Cheers ~Chris

(in reply to Gumby3D)
Post #: 10
- 6/18/2001 11:56:00 PM   
Truckeye

i for one appreciate info on other games. thanks gumby. jp

In the Last days its said the Lion will lay down with the Lamb. Even on that day, I would want to be the Lion. Ben Gurion

(in reply to Gumby3D)
Post #: 11
- 6/19/2001 3:37:00 AM   
pops

Holy cow Gumby mellow out man I'm just giving the folks an idea what the game is like...I play it myself....don't be afraid of other's opinions...

(in reply to Gumby3D)
Post #: 12
- 6/19/2001 3:41:00 AM   
pops

...BTW when I mentioned to remember what board (or boarf for that matter) you're on it's not to imply to not talk about other games but that people who play SPWAW in particular enjoy the slow pace and deep historical realism and are less likely to enjoy SS than say people who play CC and Warcraft etc....

(in reply to Gumby3D)
Post #: 13
- 6/19/2001 9:19:00 AM   
Gumby3D

Hehe ya soz mate, after I posted it I realized it sounded a little harsh and wasn't quite sure how to reword it... But I like it, I know that doesn't mean everyone should like it, and I know it's not historically accurate or super slow paced but it's still a fun game to play once in a while to get the blood flowin ;c) Cheers ~Chris

(in reply to Gumby3D)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> The finished image, IT'S ART COME LOOKEY! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI