Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: WitE 2

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> RE: WitE 2 Page: <<   < prev  55 56 [57] 58 59   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: WitE 2 - 3/21/2019 5:29:09 PM   
sixten992

I do not think it will be “abuse” as long as it is fairly realistic. If a Soviet unit is attacked the unit should be occupied by defending and therefore also have less time to move during the Soviet turn. In addition, addressing the balance question, it does not matter that much for the Soviets in 1941 if some of their units loose say 10-30 % of their movement points during a turn. It will be much worse for the Germans since fast forward movement is much more crucial for their strategy in 1941.

(in reply to SparkleyTits)
Post #: 1681
RE: WitE 2 - 3/21/2019 5:35:07 PM   
RedLancer

A rule already exists that was added to WITW which reduces MPs for units attacked in the previous turn and don’t forget combat delay too.

John
WitE2 Asst Producer
WitE & WitW Dev

(in reply to sixten992)
Post #: 1682
RE: WitE 2 - 3/21/2019 7:47:58 PM   
sixten992

Great, I have never played WitW, but I assume that this rule will be included in WitE 2 also?

(in reply to RedLancer)
Post #: 1683
RE: WitE 2 - 3/21/2019 8:06:06 PM   
RedLancer

I certainly think so. It came up in discussion on the tester forum some time ago which is why I remembered it. WitE2 builds on the WitW.

John
WitE2 Asst Producer
WitE & WitW Dev

(in reply to sixten992)
Post #: 1684
RE: WitE 2 - 3/21/2019 9:34:07 PM   
sixten992

Good, thanks!

(in reply to RedLancer)
Post #: 1685
RE: WitE 2 - 3/23/2019 10:08:48 PM   
Zombly

Is it possible in WitE2 we could get some more in game analytics? like some graphs of different pools over some number of turns and things of the sort? its not a big deal if we dont get any but i love the extra information, especially when presented as a nice looking line graph

(in reply to sixten992)
Post #: 1686
RE: WitE 2 - 3/24/2019 5:50:49 AM   
Joel Billings

Something like this?

Attachment (1)

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to Zombly)
Post #: 1687
RE: WitE 2 - 3/24/2019 5:55:50 AM   
Joel Billings

Or this? These are not final screens, but it gives you an idea of where we're headed. The line graphs are in WitW, so we are just expanding the items graphed for WitE2. The pie charts are a new element in WitE2.

Attachment (1)

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to Zombly)
Post #: 1688
RE: WitE 2 - 3/24/2019 7:44:03 PM   
Zombly

yes! exactly that sorta stuff! love you guys!
clear presentation of information is something ive always wanted in WitE
glad to see these things continuing to improve
(i never play WitW because i have never found the time to learn the air systems so i always forget what improvements it has and doesnt, though im also very happy to hear that the air systems are being made a bit easier to use as well)

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 1689
RE: WitE 2 - 3/24/2019 11:41:32 PM   
SparkleyTits

(in reply to Zombly)
Post #: 1690
RE: WitE 2 - 3/25/2019 2:08:42 AM   
ledo

That also looks like an oil/resource shortage is possible based on those numbers. That would be interesting to see.

Really like the graphics will add a lot to the top-level reporting.

(in reply to SparkleyTits)
Post #: 1691
RE: WitE 2 - 3/26/2019 9:52:12 AM   
Simon Edmonds

Love the charts. Looks like WitE2 is something to get seriously excited about.

(in reply to ledo)
Post #: 1692
RE: WitE 2 - 3/26/2019 3:12:12 PM   
wkuh

Indeed... can't wait!

(in reply to Simon Edmonds)
Post #: 1693
RE: WitE 2 - 3/26/2019 9:23:19 PM   
Bamilus

damn man......love the way the games model individual soldiers and equipment, but it's meaningless without the graphs and charts. so excited for this

Paradox Interactive Forum Refugee

(in reply to wkuh)
Post #: 1694
RE: WitE 2 - 4/3/2019 8:56:25 PM   
Generalfeldmarschall_Rommell

First of all, congratulate them on the game and the improvements they will introduce in wite2. Is the best game of the second world war I know

the graphics are a great improvement. thinking while I play I propose to exploit the large amount of information ascending. for example:

- Have aggregate information at the level of the army, army, etc. of the same variables that exist at the division level: supplies, fatigue, fuel, TOE, etc.
- To have information added at army level relative to active front troops, available, lost caused, lost received.

Other ideas:
-To allow the campaign mode to be played by choosing an army or group of the army or a general and the rest to manage the AI.

-WITW. The eastern front is no longer enough ... besides including the western front, this game deserves a War in the World!

(in reply to Bamilus)
Post #: 1695
RE: WitE 2 - 4/11/2019 12:37:55 AM   
Gilmer

I'm drooling over those graphs...no wait, I fell asleep and was drooling. But I still love the graphs!!!!!

"Venimus, vidimus, Deus vicit" John III Sobieski as he entered Vienna on 9/11/1683. "I came, I saw, God conquered."
He that has a mind to fight, let him fight, for now is the time. - Anacreon
Post #: 1696
RE: WitE 2 - 4/11/2019 1:37:49 PM   
Mamluke

Love those graphs too! this game is looking more promising every month!

(in reply to Gilmer)
Post #: 1697
RE: WitE 2 - 4/13/2019 9:19:32 AM   
angriffsteiner

Those statistical graphs look amazing, its such a great addition to see the evolution of manpower, equipment and resources over time.

(in reply to Mamluke)
Post #: 1698
RE: WitE 2 - 4/16/2019 10:12:45 AM   
56ajax

If there are any rules or functions impacted by the closeness of an enemy unit, it would be really handy if the distance to the nearest enemy unit is displayed on the unit details window. (Sure beats manual counting).

Molotov : This we did not deserve.

Foch : This is not peace. This is a 20 year armistice.

C'est la guerre aérienne

(in reply to angriffsteiner)
Post #: 1699
RE: WitE 2 - 4/17/2019 6:19:13 AM   
Niedowidek_slith

Hi,

I think it would be great if WITE 2 had option to automatically generate situational maps. Something like a feature implemented in The Operational Art of War (excuse me for bringing up a competition). In its manual they describe it like this:

""Movies: This option creates two BMP files in the Saves directory at the end of each player’s Turn. One is of the entire map at the microview scale; the other is of the entire map zoomed out (small 2D mode) scale. This can be used for creating AARs and to keep track of your general campaign progress. You can link these images together using second-party graphics software and view your progress towards victory (or defeat) as a snapshot movie."

It wasn't hard to implement with WITE (I mean actual, first, WITE) using Commander's Report sheets and tga map images included in game. I heard that WITW (and I presume WITE2 too) has single hexagon images instead of large map TGA images, though.

Artur

< Message edited by Niedowidek_slith -- 4/19/2019 4:19:51 PM >

(in reply to 56ajax)
Post #: 1700
RE: WitE 2 - 4/30/2019 8:46:50 PM   
Zemke

This is going to sound really geeky, but I wish the game tracked NCO and Company Level Officer casualties. Losing experienced troops is one thing, but losing experienced NCOs and Officers is a whole different matter. In a nut shell, they are irreplaceable, and this is one of the key factors that leads to the decline of the effectiveness of the German Army. Granted, new NCO and Officers can be created, and were, but during wartime, they can never be trained to the level required, particularly if the supply can never meet the demand, which is what happens in the East.

How would this work?
1. A Division TO&E would show the percent of NCOs and Officers, and a number of eligible soldier who could be set back to German for NCO training.
2. Then the length of the training could be set to a number of weeks, then you would get an new NCO replacement, or Jr Officer replacement.

As the war went on the length of this training continued to decrease, and had an marked but unquantifiable effect on the effectiveness of the force. This would be an attempt to model that. Shorter training times, more NCO replacements, less capable, I think this would be very interesting, and kind of gives the German player a game within a game, like the Russian player has with Support Unit creation.

Good NCOs were the backbone of the German Army and all western Armies. Even a solider who has been on combat is not necessarily going to be a good NCO, so Combat experience is not the main criteria, rather leadership ability, and that is hard to find.

I don't think this would work with the Russians, as their doctrine was not to rely on NCOs as much, and their units effectiveness reflects that, rather the Russians get better on really hard won experience in Combat....IMO.

"Actions Speak Louder than Words"

(in reply to Niedowidek_slith)
Post #: 1701
RE: WitE 2 - 5/5/2019 2:51:31 AM   
Brandon_37

it would be cool if there were no scheduled arrivals/departures, just scheduled increases and decreases in what all other fronts need, so you still lose the same amount of troops at the same times, but you chose which ones you get rid of so you don't have a division holding an important position evaporate.

(in reply to Zemke)
Post #: 1702
RE: WitE 2 - 5/5/2019 10:41:30 PM   
thedoctorking

quote:

ORIGINAL: Niedowidek_slith

Hi,

I think it would be great if WITE 2 had option to automatically generate situational maps. Something like a feature implemented in The Operational Art of War (excuse me for bringing up a competition). In its manual they describe it like this:

""Movies: This option creates two BMP files in the Saves directory at the end of each player’s Turn. One is of the entire map at the microview scale; the other is of the entire map zoomed out (small 2D mode) scale. This can be used for creating AARs and to keep track of your general campaign progress. You can link these images together using second-party graphics software and view your progress towards victory (or defeat) as a snapshot movie."

It wasn't hard to implement with WITE (I mean actual, first, WITE) using Commander's Report sheets and tga map images included in game. I heard that WITW (and I presume WITE2 too) has single hexagon images instead of large map TGA images, though.

Artur

I've been using the Snipping Tool function from Windows 10 to take screen shots at whatever zoom level you like.

The thing that's a pain in the tukus is not being able to put more than one image into a post in this forum without doing some sort of wardance and sacrifice to the secret gods of the computer.

(in reply to Niedowidek_slith)
Post #: 1703
RE: WitE 2 - 5/8/2019 4:28:00 PM   
Bamilus

Any chance Joel or Red can throw us a bone with another screenshot?

(in reply to thedoctorking)
Post #: 1704
RE: WitE 2 - 5/9/2019 8:44:05 PM   
RedLancer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bamilus

Anything in particular? I'm working on a GUI refresh at the moment so my game version has lots of placeholders and looks like we've got Jackson Pollock as a consultant.

John
WitE2 Asst Producer
WitE & WitW Dev

(in reply to Bamilus)
Post #: 1705
RE: WitE 2 - 5/9/2019 9:50:20 PM   
thedoctorking

quote:

ORIGINAL: Red Lancer

quote:

Anything in particular? I'm working on a GUI refresh at the moment so my game version has lots of placeholders and looks like we've got Jackson Pollock as a consultant.

(in reply to RedLancer)
Post #: 1706
RE: WitE 2 - 5/10/2019 9:40:12 AM   
SparkleyTits

lol

(in reply to RedLancer)
Post #: 1707
RE: WitE 2 - 5/10/2019 1:25:25 PM   
Bamilus

quote:

quote:

LOL! Umm, I can't remember if you've shown off the edges of the new map or the new theater boxes. Other than that, has there been any changes to the detailed unit equipment screen?

(in reply to RedLancer)
Post #: 1708
RE: WitE 2 - 5/10/2019 6:59:16 PM   
Brandon_37

is there going to be any control over what your factories produce, or will that still be scripted?

(in reply to Bamilus)
Post #: 1709
RE: WitE 2 - 5/10/2019 8:39:18 PM   
drmweaver2

quote:

Oh Gawd no.. please no.. Not Jackson Pollock!

(in reply to RedLancer)
Post #: 1710
Page:   <<   < prev  55 56 [57] 58 59   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> RE: WitE 2 Page: <<   < prev  55 56 [57] 58 59   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI