Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Some questions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Some questions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Some questions - 3/30/2019 10:16:39 PM   
Ason

Hello, I have played the barbarossa scenario a couple of times but never seen the torch landings happen by the AI, I did capture Egypt in most if not all my plays, I'm just wondering what controls if US will land in africa or not. The AI usually struggles in France because of the small area to maneuver, so just wondering if I can make torch landings happen, even after they had landed in normandy(or before).. Also are the landings just tied to one single event so if one landing fails they will never try it again, or are the landing scripts "looped" so they can try over and over(and at different areas)?

2. is it possible to disable national morale completely?

3. After I capture leningrad, moscow and/or stalingrad the soviets become very weak and almost seem to stop doing anything, especially producing units, what would be the best way to change this and keep them in the fight? Morale or something else also?

4. is it possible to make the AI only put strong types of units in amphibious landing crafts(Armies,tanks and mech)? I added divisions to my scenario and the AI usually lands a mix of units and it easily becomes a stalemate in normandy because of the weaker units they send.

oh also if it's not clear I'm asking about changing the scenario using the editor :)

< Message edited by Ason -- 3/30/2019 10:24:30 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Some questions - 3/30/2019 11:48:32 PM   
sPzAbt653

quote:

I'm asking about changing the scenario using the editor

That makes the answer easy - of course you can, everything is editable.

I don't like answers with 'I this ... I did ... I can, etc.' but in this case I have to! I can tell you that I have done all of that while modding. I made Torch a DE [like Norway for the Germans] so if you are playing the Allies you say either Yes or No, and if you play the Axis and conditions are right the computer will Torch. I don't think National Morale can be completely disabled but you can go into the Morale Scripts and disable them then monitor the game to see if you might need to add any boosts for unscripted negatives. Get rid of 'weaker' units because they don't fit this scale [use corps and army's only].

(in reply to Ason)
Post #: 2
RE: Some questions - 3/31/2019 12:14:03 AM   
Ason

Thanks SPz

< Message edited by Ason -- 3/31/2019 12:15:27 AM >

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 3
RE: Some questions - 4/1/2019 2:26:48 PM   
BillRunacre

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ason

3. After I capture leningrad, moscow and/or stalingrad the soviets become very weak and almost seem to stop doing anything, especially producing units, what would be the best way to change this and keep them in the fight? Morale or something else also?

Hi

You could always add a dummy DECISION event to give them some MPPs, some UNIT scripts, and a NATIONAL MORALE script to give them a boost to help when these locations have fallen.

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to Ason)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Some questions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI