Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Baltic Sea naval moves

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> WIF School >> Baltic Sea naval moves Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Baltic Sea naval moves - 3/31/2019 2:22:01 PM   
Mayhemizer_slith

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mayhemizer

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

Sorry Mayhemizer you can't move units to/from the Baltic if I've read RAC correctly.

See below from Page 48 of RAC:

You can’t move naval units between the Baltic Sea and the North Sea (even via Fredrikshavn or Kristiansand) if major powers you are at war with control at least 2 of Oslo, Copenhagen and Kiel.

It's not possible to send ships from UK to Baltic Sea. But if I start from Frederikshavn, is that OK?
warspite1

I don't think so but we will probably need to consult the rules guru's. If you can then it just negates the rule and I think that is why it expressly mentions those two ports. I'll look on the ADG website and see if its covered there.

What I mean, can Allied ships from Baltic Sea abort to Frederikshavn? And if yes, can they next turn sail back to Baltic Sea?

I was told on table top game, I can use ships so that they leave port, sail 2 sea zones, go to port, pick up a unit and leave a port. Rule you quoted says that is not allowed in this case. I'm not sure about this at all.

Someone good with rules, please comment

< Message edited by Mayhemizer -- 3/31/2019 2:23:14 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Baltic Sea naval moves - 3/31/2019 2:30:56 PM   
Mayhemizer_slith

Answer found, you can sail from Frederikshavn to Baltic Sea

< Message edited by Mayhemizer -- 3/31/2019 2:31:24 PM >

(in reply to Mayhemizer_slith)
Post #: 2
RE: Baltic Sea naval moves - 3/31/2019 6:47:48 PM   
Orm

You did indeed find the answer.

What is not allowed however is what you mentioned above. Sailing from the North Sea, enter Frederikshavn, and then continue to the Baltic Sea. Or vice versa. But if you begin the naval move in Frederikshavn, then you can select to which sea area you want to sail. Either to the North Sea, or to the Baltic Sea.

Edit: In most other cases you can sail through a port. For example to pick up a unit.

< Message edited by Orm -- 3/31/2019 6:48:53 PM >

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to Mayhemizer_slith)
Post #: 3
RE: Baltic Sea naval moves - 3/31/2019 8:48:08 PM   
Courtenay

I think there is a situation that MWiF will get wrong: Moving through a port containing a non-cooperating unit. This should be legal, because stacking is only enforced at the end of step, but MWiF won't let you move onto a non-cooperating unit.

For example, a Dutch cruiser stacked with a CW INF division wants move through Alexandria, dropping off the division and winding up at sea. Unfortunately, there is an Egyptian TERR in Alexandria. I believe the move is legal, but MWiF will not let you do it, although I haven't checked.

Before I spend any time checking that MWiF does not let you do this, I want to be sure that it's legal, first. So, is this legal?

I thought I knew how to play this game....

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 4
RE: Baltic Sea naval moves - 3/31/2019 9:22:20 PM   
paulderynck

Stacking and cooperation are not issues here. What should prevent this from being done is that although lift can embark cargo on the way through a port, the rule is that to debark cargo in a port, the lift has to finish its move there.

Paul

(in reply to Courtenay)
Post #: 5
RE: Baltic Sea naval moves - 4/1/2019 12:53:38 AM   
Courtenay

Ah! Then in that case, put the CW INF and an Egyptian TERR in Alexandria, and try and pick up the division with a Dutch cruiser. THAT should be legal, and I doubt that it can be done.

I thought I knew how to play this game....

(in reply to paulderynck)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> WIF School >> Baltic Sea naval moves Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI