Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: AI Files - Updating your build with the latest versions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: AI Files - Updating your build with the latest versions Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: AI Files - Updating your build with the latest vers... - 11/24/2018 2:38:07 PM   
BillBrown

I use Chrome and have no problems, I wonder if it isn't your Anti-Virus interfering.

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 61
RE: AI Files - Updating your build with the latest vers... - 11/24/2018 4:17:20 PM   
warspite1

I think I've sorted it - well I think AllenK sorted it - I have no idea what I'm doing. Ticking file name extension in File Explorer seemed to do the trick - and even worked (I hope) with Google

Thanks for the responses.

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to BillBrown)
Post #: 62
RE: AI Files - Updating your build with the latest vers... - 2/19/2019 11:58:53 PM   
btd64

Bump....GP

Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

WPO,WITP,WITPAE-Mod Designer/Tester
DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 63
RE: AI Files - Updating your build with the latest vers... - 4/4/2019 4:01:39 PM   
pzrshrek

Sorry for this noobness, but

Playing vs Axis AI, how do i use the most recent, workable AI file? Back to basic, if starting a full war campaign now, what is the best AI file to use?

(in reply to btd64)
Post #: 64
RE: AI Files - Updating your build with the latest vers... - 4/5/2019 12:22:35 AM   
Kull

quote:

ORIGINAL: pzrshrek

Sorry for this noobness, but

Playing vs Axis AI, how do i use the most recent, workable AI file? Back to basic, if starting a full war campaign now, what is the best AI file to use?

Quoting from the original posts (follow the link posted below), I would recommend that you install Scenario 100. It is an improved version of Scenario #1. Not only is the AI much improved, but the database files also include a number of error fixes to the equipment database.

Since you are playing against the Japanese AI, you might want to go with Scenario 101 instead, which is the improved version of Scenario #2. This gives the Japanese a number of historically plausible improvements, and makes them a bit more challenging (but not to the Ironman degree).

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kull

10) Andy Mac's "I need Help - AI Testing" on 3/5/2016 is a thread focused on revising existing scenarios, although they are given new scenario numbers. Specifically contains revisions for Scens 1, 2, 10 (Tier 1), & 60 (Tier 3).
- Scenario 100 (3/5/2016) Revised Scenario 1 (See Post #1)
- Scenario 101 (3/5/2016) Revised Scenario 2 (See Post #2)
- Scenario 102 (3/5/2016) Revised Scenario 10 Tier1 (See Post #3)
- Scenario 104 (3/21/2016) Revised Scenario 60 Tier3 Script1 (See Post #76 & Post #77-Art)
- Scenario 104 (4/21/2016) Revised Scenario 60 Tier3 Script2 (See Post #143)

(in reply to pzrshrek)
Post #: 65
RE: AI Files - Updating your build with the latest vers... - 6/30/2019 5:06:33 AM   
Yaab

Kull, I just wanted to say that the information about the AI variants is in the last parapgraph in the FAQ.

-------------------------------------------

The AI ignores HQ restrictions.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2266051

To remove variants that include AI exploitation attacks

delete aei00x-007 to aei00x-12 files from scen sub folder.

That will guarantee a game where the AI sticks to a historical expansion plan (if not in timing)

There are 13 AI files 7 are all variants of a bog standard game 6 have the AI going beyond strategically.

--------------------------------------------------------

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 66
RE: AI Files - Updating your build with the latest vers... - 6/30/2019 1:06:15 PM   
Kull

Thanks for the linking the source!

(in reply to Yaab)
Post #: 67
RE: AI Files - Updating your build with the latest vers... - 7/31/2019 7:38:30 PM   
NigelKentarus

Just Curious....I play DaBabes Scen.028. I've upgraded all my stock scenarios as linked in this thread. I've copied all the Stock Scen 001 files and renamed them to xxx028. Does this make any difference? Or does the DaBabes script send it to one of the stock scripts? As many times that I've restarted, I've seen many different reactions from the AI (I'm playing Allies against the AI). I'm not sure if I'm wasting room on my thumb drive or not. Any insight is appreciated. Thanks.

Fight like you're the 3rd monkey on the plank to Noah's ark. And brother, it's starting to rain.

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 68
RE: AI Files - Updating your build with the latest vers... - 7/31/2019 8:47:03 PM   
Kull

The mechanism by which the game selects a random AI file at the start of each new campaign is the same, regardless of which scenario you are playing. So if Scen 28 is given multiple AI files (in the format aei028-**.dat), yes it will randomly choose one of them. Since you are playing DaBigBabesA (scen 28), it would be helpful to review the Devs comments on the AI files which accompany that scenario:

quote:

Note: The scenario files, below, are complete; they include the AI files as well as the corresponding scenario data files . But the AI files are provided as a convenience only. They are simply copies of corresponding stock AI files, but since DaBigBabes scenarios are not compatible with stock, the AI files will not perform nearly as well as they do for a corresponding stock scenario. Playing the Allied side against a Japanese AI gives reasonable results, although the AI is not able to use any of the Babes' LCU features and will, at times, make some very odd decisions. Playing the Japanese side against an Allied AI will be an exercise in frustration. Many LCU modifications were made expressly in order to avoid/defeat various of the AI's 'advantages'. Many LCUs have been relocated and so are not in the slot where the AI expects to find them. Something totally different will likely be there.

Accordingly, if you have subbed in (for example) the 20 Scen1 AI files from AndyMacs 2012 AI update, they should work better than the 16 files from 2010, but they'll have the same issues noted in the dev comments quoted above.

(in reply to NigelKentarus)
Post #: 69
RE: AI Files - Updating your build with the latest vers... - 8/15/2019 2:51:35 PM   
Andy Mac

Wow I was really disorganised

Well done fantastic effort

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 70
RE: AI Files - Updating your build with the latest vers... - 8/15/2019 3:46:17 PM   
HansBolter

quote:

ORIGINAL: Andy Mac

Wow I was really disorganised

Well done fantastic effort

Wow! Welcome Back.

Haven't seen you post here for a while.

Hans

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 71
RE: AI Files - Updating your build with the latest vers... - 8/21/2019 2:46:07 PM   
Andy Mac

I lurk but after my pc fried taking all my backups for the AI files I was working on I didn’t have the heart to restart

(in reply to HansBolter)
Post #: 72
RE: AI Files - Updating your build with the latest vers... - 8/21/2019 2:50:52 PM   
Andy Mac

Keep thinking about starting a new PBEM but would need to reinstall and update to begin

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 73
RE: AI Files - Updating your build with the latest vers... - 8/21/2019 4:19:04 PM   
RangerJoe

Welcome back.

Now you know why computer system administrators suggest frequent back-ups.

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 74
RE: AI Files - Updating your build with the latest vers... - 8/21/2019 6:18:19 PM   
Kull

quote:

ORIGINAL: Andy Mac

I lurk but after my pc fried taking all my backups for the AI files I was working on I didn’t have the heart to restart

If it's any consolation, your new scripts are excellent. I'm (finally) nearing the end of '42 in a Scen 102 Ironman campaign, and the AI hasn't done ANYTHING that I would categorize as questionable. Admittedly my philosophy is to mostly "fight and run" until July 1942, but even then, the AI progression was largely excellent and all the mano-a-mano stuff since has been difficult.

Accordingly, you could - with confidence - use these new scripts as a reliable baseline for anything additional. There are a (very) few areas where the initial AI onslaught could be improved, and adding additional fixed garrison units for certain newly conquered (or owned at the start) locations would be helpful. Don't want to post any "spoilers", but I can give more details if you send a PM. Best regards, and MANY thanks for your efforts in this area!

< Message edited by Kull -- 8/21/2019 6:24:55 PM >

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 75
RE: AI Files - Updating your build with the latest vers... - 9/4/2019 8:53:39 PM   
traskott

I have downloaded the AI files for the Tier 3 Nasty Ironman and found in the worst way they included some files which modify OOBs, ship/warplanes types, etc...

What are the files which are ONLY for the AI behavior and which ones got the data relating to OOB, devices, locations, and so?

Thanks.

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 76
RE: AI Files - Updating your build with the latest vers... - 9/5/2019 1:25:34 AM   
BillBrown

The one named aeixxx-yy.dat
the xxx is the scenario number and the yy is the AI version.

(in reply to traskott)
Post #: 77
RE: AI Files - Updating your build with the latest vers... - 9/5/2019 9:00:14 PM   
traskott

Well, that explains somethings in my computer.

Thank you very much

(in reply to BillBrown)
Post #: 78
RE: AI Files - Updating your build with the latest vers... - 9/5/2019 10:54:00 PM   
RangerJoe

quote:

ORIGINAL: traskott

Well, that explains somethings in my computer.

Thank you very much

You might want to have a basic WITP-AE folder, then have ones for the different mods and maps.

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

(in reply to traskott)
Post #: 79
RE: AI Files - Updating your build with the latest vers... - 9/10/2019 10:42:41 PM   
Kull

quote:

ORIGINAL: traskott

I have downloaded the AI files for the Tier 3 Nasty Ironman and found in the worst way they included some files which modify OOBs, ship/warplanes types, etc...

What are the files which are ONLY for the AI behavior and which ones got the data relating to OOB, devices, locations, and so?

Thanks.

Just be aware that the AI files won't work very well in a non-Tier 3 scenario. Reason being that the Tier3 AI scripts assume that Japan has a vast number of non-historical assets. If those don't exist, the AI will still try to fulfill the mandate of the script, but it won't have enough forces to succeed.

(in reply to traskott)
Post #: 80
RE: AI Files - Updating your build with the latest vers... - 9/13/2019 10:23:45 AM   
Sardaukar

It's getting bit confusing...

Might be good to list which AI files work with which scenarios.

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 81
RE: AI Files - Updating your build with the latest vers... - 9/13/2019 1:01:16 PM   
Kull

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sardaukar

It's getting bit confusing...

Might be good to list which AI files work with which scenarios.

Apologies if this seems confusing, as it shouldn't be: Every one of Andy Mac's scenarios comes with it's own specific set of AI files. Accordingly, the player does not have to do anything additional - installing/updating each scenario (or even just the one you plan to play) is all that's necessary.

My comments in post #80 were specific to the request on extracting the AI Files alone from a particular scenario. I don't know why the request was made, but just wanted to add a cautionary note in case the intent was to use AI files from one scenario in another.

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 82
RE: AI Files - Updating your build with the latest vers... - 9/13/2019 4:09:12 PM   
AlessandroW

Thanks Kull for your work!

Quick question: installing all AI files after the open Beta Update v1.01.26a doesn't change anything, is it right?

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 83
RE: AI Files - Updating your build with the latest vers... - 9/13/2019 10:19:02 PM   
Kull

quote:

ORIGINAL: AlessandroW

Thanks Kull for your work!

Quick question: installing all AI files after the open Beta Update v1.01.26a doesn't change anything, is it right?

That is correct. The Beta is a single exe file, and can be added before or after you do an AI update.

(in reply to AlessandroW)
Post #: 84
RE: AI Files - Updating your build with the latest vers... - 9/14/2019 7:36:58 AM   
AlessandroW

Thanks!

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 85
RE: AI Files - Updating your build with the latest vers... - 9/17/2019 12:22:52 AM   
rustysi

Do the 1126b update. It fixes a very important aspect of the game for the Allies. Late war unrep. Without it you'll have problems with AE's reloading ships at sea.

It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

(in reply to AlessandroW)
Post #: 86
RE: AI Files - Updating your build with the latest vers... - 11/11/2019 2:40:10 PM   
azura987

I have read the whole post and I'm still a bit confused. If I wish to update the AI of "dababes lite" with latest andy mac's ai files, I have understood to use updated "scen 1" files instead of those of "dababes lite", is that right?
Thing is what files exactly do I replace? (of scen 26 dababes lite) That's the part that is still blurry for me. Sorry still a noob here :)

(in reply to rustysi)
Post #: 87
RE: AI Files - Updating your build with the latest vers... - 11/12/2019 2:27:34 AM   
SLeyers

Curious. Is it possible to copy the latest 2012 AI variants included in the original main campaign scenario (001) into the updated v5 campaign (100) including making the proper filename changes to the AEIxxx-yy files or are the changes made to the 2016-version of #100 scenario incompatible with the 001 AI variants (AEI001-01 through 20)? I really like the updates to the 100/101/102 campaigns but was curious if it would accept the other AI variants other than the single script to offer some variance on the improved version.

(in reply to azura987)
Post #: 88
RE: AI Files - Updating your build with the latest vers... - 11/12/2019 9:43:55 AM   
Alfred

AI scripts written to utilise new, added bases to a scenario are not really compatible with earlier versions of the same scenario.  Same applies where the OOB has been altered.

If no new bases added to a scenario nor the OOB altered significantly, new scripts are usually compatible with the previously released scenario.

Alfred

(in reply to SLeyers)
Post #: 89
RE: AI Files - Updating your build with the latest vers... - 11/15/2019 1:24:07 PM   
Kull

quote:

ORIGINAL: azura987

I have read the whole post and I'm still a bit confused. If I wish to update the AI of "dababes lite" with latest andy mac's ai files, I have understood to use updated "scen 1" files instead of those of "dababes lite", is that right?
Thing is what files exactly do I replace? (of scen 26 dababes lite) That's the part that is still blurry for me. Sorry still a noob here :)

Alfred hit the main points, but just to add a bit more:

- The most recent DaBabesLite is dated December 2013.
- The last "official" AI update from Andy (the exes that accompanied patch 07) has files dated June 2012.

At that point, Andy's map and OOB were still fully compatible with the original release, and in fact he states that his database updates include the important fixes added to the later DaBabes releases. Accordingly, I am assuming that all the DaBabes files include his 2012 AI, not the one from 2010.

From that point forward, Andy's AI improvements include map changes - specifically the addition of new dot/base hexes that were inserted specifically to assist the altered AI. For example, the old Senario 1 had an empty land hex on the road between Moulmein and Pegu. But in the new scenarios, it's a dot base called "Sittang Bridge".

I haven't looked at the AI files and can't tell you with certainty why that base exists, but dollars to doughnuts the AI script now references it in some way. And if it does - and that base doesn't exist on the map (because you dragged the new Scenario 1 AI files into DaBabes Lite) - well, the AI will probably stall because it has been given commands that it can't follow.

In short, you should never mix the "2012 and earlier" AI files (to include variants) with the newer ones - and vice versa.

Edit2: Removed some bollocks about the data which is present in the AI files. Each scenario contains 11 different files (all present in the SCEN folder), and yes it is possible to move JUST the AI portion of the database and use it in a different scenario. The issues noted above still apply, of course.

Edit3: Grammar

< Message edited by Kull -- 11/27/2019 7:22:12 PM >

(in reply to azura987)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: AI Files - Updating your build with the latest versions Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI