Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Barges and Hubs

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Barges and Hubs Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Barges and Hubs - 6/22/2003 11:39:01 PM   
daddog

Ok, from what I understand the only place the IJN can make barges is at Truk, correct?

The one I made at Truk will take several turns to get down to any other bases. I made its home base Rabaul, but is there any other way to speed up the process?

In the Scenario I am playing (Green Hell) it says I can make up to 72 Barges, but the manual says the IJN player may have two bases designated as Barge Hubs. Is that where they would go to get supplies to deliver to other bases, not where I could create them?

Lastly once made they deliver the fuel/supplies where needed. They are hands off right?

Trying to understand better than I do. :)

Thanks in advance!
------------------------
CO daddog
332nd Flying Mongrels
Roster
Events!
Noses in the wind since 1997.

[I]Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake[/I]. - Napoleon Bonaparte
Post #: 1
- 6/22/2003 11:41:51 PM   
daddog

[QUOTE]Am confused by something. Today I was working on setting up some Routine Convoys. Set up 3 task groups, but I can only get one to set to Routine Convoy. All the ships are AP's, but something is different with them. In the actual task group screen scroll through:
Human Control
Computer Control
but only one task group has the third option of
Routine Convoy.

What did I do different/wrong?[/QUOTE] Another question I had in another thread that I still don't know the answer to. :)

(in reply to daddog)
Post #: 2
- 6/22/2003 11:54:50 PM   
madflava13

Check in the FAQ thread - there's a link to the barge thread. There's also numerous other resources on convoys, etc. Spooky's site is also very helpful.

"The Paraguayan Air Force's request for spraying subsidies was not as Paraguayan as it were..."

(in reply to daddog)
Post #: 3
- 6/23/2003 3:57:11 AM   
daddog

Thanks mad. Been there done that. Have the Barges figured out, just took a couple of trys. :)

Still scratching my head about the Routine Convoys. It does not seem consistent. Some I have the option to set as routine, others the only two options are human control, or computer control. :confused:

(in reply to daddog)
Post #: 4
- 6/23/2003 4:22:32 AM   
Nasrullah

If you set the convoy to computer control before choosing its destination, it becomes a Routine Convoy. If you choose a destination first, and then set to computer control, It becomes a CS (continuous supply) to that destination.

(in reply to daddog)
Post #: 5
- 6/23/2003 5:22:30 AM   
daddog

Duh!

Thanks very much!

(in reply to daddog)
Post #: 6
- 6/23/2003 5:41:06 AM   
Snigbert

This is a stupid question probably, but I never play Japan...

Do you have to create a barge tf in Truk, or can you do it in Rabaul also?

Oh, also, is Truk the only location Japan can reload mines?

"Money doesnt talk, it swears. Obscenities, who really cares?" -Bob Dylan

"Habit is the balast that chains a dog to it's vomit." -Samuel Becket

"He has weapons of mass destruction- the world's deadliest weapons- which pose a direct threat to the

(in reply to daddog)
Post #: 7
- 6/23/2003 6:00:10 AM   
Nasrullah

You may make the barges anywhere the forming supply convoy happens to be.
Truk only for mines.

(in reply to daddog)
Post #: 8
- 6/23/2003 7:47:08 AM   
demonterico

When a Transport TF picks up supply at Truk it then becomes eligble to create barges, assuming that barges are available to be created. Check this by looking at the bottom of the ships available screen. If barges are available and the Transport TF has loaded fresh supply at Truk (for Japan of course) you will notice that the "create barges" line on the TF screen is highlighted. Click on this and 12 to 15 barges will be created, or less if less are available. The "create barges line will remain highlighted as long as a) The TF is still carrying at least some of the original supply loaded at Truk. b) There are still barges available. c) New supply has not been loaded onto the TF from another location. The TF can sail anywhere on the map and then create barges when it arrives at the desired location as long as the above mentioned conditions are met. I learned all this the hard way. The first time I created barges I hit the button while the TF was still at Truk. I then had to sail the Barge TF all the way down to the Solomons. It took a long time and lots of refueling.

The world has never seen a more impressive demonstration of the influence of sea power upon history. Those far distant, storm-beaten ships, upon which the Grand Army never looked, stood between it and the dominion of the world. -- Alfred Thayer Mahan

(in reply to daddog)
Post #: 9
- 6/23/2003 8:46:36 AM   
daddog

[QUOTE]The TF can sail anywhere on the map and then create barges when it arrives at the desired location as long as the above mentioned conditions are met. I learned all this the hard way. The first time I created barges I hit the button while the TF was still at Truk. I then had to sail the Barge TF all the way down to the Solomons. It took a long time and lots of refueling.[/QUOTE] Thanks demon! You just saved me a lot of time. :)

(in reply to daddog)
Post #: 10
- 6/25/2003 8:29:28 AM   
Brady

Hey daddog, we should do a PBEM game:)

(in reply to daddog)
Post #: 11
- 6/25/2003 8:54:35 AM   
daddog

Brady? Aces High Brady? :D

You playing this sim also? :) I just started and have been getting my head handed to me. How long have you been playing?

I have two going right now. Going to start another soon. You would be the 4th going at once. I could do a short one, Coral Sea? :)

(in reply to daddog)
Post #: 12
- 6/25/2003 9:07:30 AM   
Brady

I have never played a PBEM game I have just been fighting the AI, had this game since last fall it's great fun, got me in the mood big time for the Guadalcanal event:)

Any game you want would be cool by me, and any side yuo want is fine as well. How do we do this btw?

(in reply to daddog)
Post #: 13
- 6/25/2003 9:36:28 AM   
daddog

It is pretty simple. I will send you the "how to's" once we start.

If you want to be IJN you will have to go first and I will e-mail you how to do it. If you want to be American, I will be the one to set it up and send you the first turn. IJN always sends the initial turn. :)

You choose! :)

dd

(in reply to daddog)
Post #: 14
- 6/25/2003 9:46:07 AM   
Brady

Might be easer if I went US, that way you can send it to me...

So You have my E mail right?

Thanks BTW:)

(in reply to daddog)
Post #: 15
- 6/25/2003 10:19:50 AM   
daddog

Yes, should have it. Consider it done!
Just put all the kids down for the night. I "might" get you your first turn tonight with directions on PBEM. :)

(in reply to daddog)
Post #: 16
- 6/25/2003 10:23:22 AM   
Brady

Excelent:)

(in reply to daddog)
Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Barges and Hubs Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI