Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

HELP game stops

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> HELP game stops Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
HELP game stops - 3/26/2019 3:04:53 PM   
tigercub

I load up new turn and I get up to the first battle report and I cannot escape out or click it away its a very strange thing may be something about display was working fine now this just started.

Tigercub

< Message edited by tigercub -- 3/29/2019 4:42:59 AM >

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life
Post #: 1
RE: game stops - 3/26/2019 4:15:51 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: tigercub

I load up new turn and I get up to the first battle report and I cannot escape out or click it away its a very strange thing may be something about display was working fine now this just started.

Tigercub

Have you been playing the game without problems up to now or are you just starting out? Anything new about your computer, including programs added or updated?

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to tigercub)
Post #: 2
RE: game stops - 3/27/2019 5:39:00 AM   
tigercub

nothing changed that I am aware of but a notification about display res it did not say there was a problem but have been playing this game a very long time on different computers never seen this bug. This is a touch screen laptop
no problems beforehand.

tigercub

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 3
RE: game stops - 3/27/2019 6:26:30 AM   
tigercub

After running the game i cannot interface with it tried old saves to.

(in reply to tigercub)
Post #: 4
RE: game stops - 3/27/2019 5:14:12 PM   
BBfanboy

I had similar issues just before my hard drive failed ...
The reason I asked about other programs is the possibility of the RAM being overloaded by background programs.
I would try restarting the computer in "safe mode" (to clear out all the background stuff) and see if WITP-AE will run then.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to tigercub)
Post #: 5
RE: game stops - 3/28/2019 4:53:08 AM   
tigercub

new laptop not hard drive.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 6
RE: game stops - 3/29/2019 3:33:01 AM   
tigercub

full reinstall same problem

(in reply to tigercub)
Post #: 7
RE: game stops - 3/29/2019 3:47:33 AM   
BBfanboy

So if I understand correctly, you played the game without problems on other computers but you only just installed it on the touchscreen laptop?
How many steps did you have in your re-install?
Did you use switches in the desktop icon properties tab?

I am no expert on tech stuff but it may just be that the game does not like touchscreen control and requires a mouse. Logitech sells a good cordless mouse (M545 model) that is great for occasional use on laptops - the radio link with the computer is a very small USB insert.

(in reply to tigercub)
Post #: 8
RE: game stops - 3/29/2019 4:03:08 AM   
tigercub

I been using this laptop for 4 months now with no problems its a touch screen but I do use Mouse and screen at times it issue is not about the installation was running fine until a few days ago I have tried changing switches but to no avail. mouse keyboard touchscreen fail to do any thing after I load save.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 9
RE: game stops - 3/29/2019 4:41:13 AM   
tigercub

I tried to run the game head to head mode and it worked fine this is a worrying some kind of bug with our game. BBfanboy

(in reply to tigercub)
Post #: 10
RE: game stops - 3/29/2019 1:00:55 PM   
Lecivius

Have you run as admin?

Have you checked Compatibility mode?

Are you and your opponent on the same version? (this shouldn't be the problem, but never hurts to check)

Lastly, I am a might concerned about touch screen. This is an old game. Touch screen adds a level of drivers, that may cause a conflict. Head to head pretty much eliminates this, but not entirely. Do you have another machine to set up & run a turn?

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

(in reply to tigercub)
Post #: 11
RE: game stops - 3/30/2019 12:58:08 AM   
geofflambert

tigercub, you've been taking instructions from CNN for far too long. I'm afraid you are a lost and hopeless case. You will never have the acumen to play this game.

(in reply to Lecivius)
Post #: 12
RE: game stops - 4/9/2019 1:16:25 AM   
bilbow

quote:

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

tigercub, you've been taking instructions from CNN for far too long. I'm afraid you are a lost and hopeless case. You will never have the acumen to play this game.

Very unfair comment. I'm his opponent. He's as strong an AE player as I have ever encountered, and I've been playing PBEM since the UV days.

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile- hoping it will eat him last
- Winston Churchill

(in reply to geofflambert)
Post #: 13
RE: game stops - 4/9/2019 5:39:09 PM   
Kull

I've played this on two different touch screen laptops, without a problem. The message about "display res" strongly suggests a display driver problem. You should try some other screen resolutions and if that doesn't work, windowed mode.

(in reply to bilbow)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> HELP game stops Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI