Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Is an all fronts strategy viable against a skilled player?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Is an all fronts strategy viable against a skilled player? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Is an all fronts strategy viable against a skilled player? - 3/25/2019 8:58:43 PM   
No idea

I am curious about what you think. I am assuming both player are equally skilled. As soviets I think trying to defend all 3 fronts at the same time is a recipe for disaster. What do you think?
Post #: 1
RE: Is an all fronts strategy viable against a skilled ... - 3/25/2019 9:06:10 PM   
Michael T

"He who defends everything defends nothing."

And by the time you can defend everything you should no longer be defending.

(in reply to No idea)
Post #: 2
RE: Is an all fronts strategy viable against a skilled ... - 4/8/2019 6:09:17 PM   
juv95hrn

Whats a viable defense against Fall Blau summer 1942 vs. a human player? Fall back and give ground with speed bump sacrifice units thrown in the way? Counterattack vulnurable spearhead panzers? Interdiction airplanes trying to slow down? What else?

(in reply to Michael T)
Post #: 3
RE: Is an all fronts strategy viable against a skilled ... - 4/15/2019 1:47:25 PM   
mouse707

Equally skilled is very different from german highly skilled player. Against a german player which has a good level or below, you can defend on all fronts, and you will loose on some parts but it's possible. Against a very skilled player, it's the great run. but in practice many german players leave the game before the end of barbarossa if you defend

(in reply to No idea)
Post #: 4
RE: Is an all fronts strategy viable against a skilled ... - 4/17/2019 7:50:38 PM   
thedoctorking

My sense is that a reasonably skilled German can take at least one objective (Leningrad, Moscow, and the Donbass) in 1941 regardless of Soviet defenses. Two is a stretch unless the Germans are really skilled. All three can only result from complete failure on the part of the Soviet player. This doesn't mean that you shouldn't defend all the objectives, though. If you make one really easy, maybe that will enable the Axis to take two when they otherwise would only have been able to take one.

(in reply to mouse707)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Is an all fronts strategy viable against a skilled player? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI