Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Any New News Updates??

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat – The Bloody First >> RE: Any New News Updates?? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Any New News Updates?? - 10/11/2018 4:47:19 PM   
CGGrognard

So you’re saying there’s not a chance to be released in 2018?

"The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting." - Sun Tzu

(in reply to Nomada_Firefox)
Post #: 31
RE: Any New News Updates?? - 10/11/2018 10:19:52 PM   
Nomada_Firefox

quote:

ORIGINAL: CGGrognard

So you’re saying there’s not a chance to be released in 2018?

I see it impossible. If tomorrow starts the beta, it can take easily 3 months. You can make your numbers.

(in reply to CGGrognard)
Post #: 32
RE: Any New News Updates?? - 10/11/2018 10:36:30 PM   
GrdAdmiral

Are they still looking for beta testers? I signed up for the Alpha, but was not selected. I’d love to volunteer for the beta. This is good news. Based off this new information, possibly a release in first quarter of 2019?

< Message edited by GrdAdmiral -- 10/11/2018 10:41:59 PM >

Post #: 33
RE: Any New News Updates?? - 10/12/2018 9:00:29 PM   
Nomada_Firefox

They are working in the game and they were very clear about how they had not a finish date for this work. I do not go to speculate with release dates. Just I am sure how they are making a good work.

(in reply to GrdAdmiral)
Post #: 34
RE: Any New News Updates?? - 10/12/2018 10:03:48 PM   
GrdAdmiral

Your statement confused me, as it directly contradicted their own statement by matrix games in the only interview news they reported regarding discussions of release dates. The interview they gave at polygon in Feb 2018 stated the release would be this year in 2018. The only other updates were the Alpha discussions in May 2018. Until your initial post about the Beta being tomorrow for three months. I think most of us are just looking for updates, since its been months. Just something to show the game was not delayed or cancelled. The facebook page teases updates, but never says anything other than coming this week, but those posts are weeks to months old. I don’t mind delays, I just wish we had something to that effect.

“Close Combat: The Bloody First was originally expected some time in 2014, but went missing in action and was presumed dead. That is until a few weeks ago when Matrix Games announced that the next installment of the classic World War II-themed tactical strategy game would release this year.” Source: www.polygon.com/platform/amp/2018/2/20/17033518/close-combat-the-bloody-first-delay-2014-release-date.

Post #: 35
RE: Any New News Updates?? - 10/13/2018 9:23:57 AM   
Nomada_Firefox

The preview from the polygon date was made before they finished the first alpha. Just I recover all the true information published here. It was told before. You can make all the theory you want but I have told you things published.

(in reply to GrdAdmiral)
Post #: 36
RE: Any New News Updates?? - 10/13/2018 10:12:32 AM   
GrdAdmiral

Honestly, I’m totally lost here. I’ve not made any theorys, that I know of. You stated the beta would start tomorrow, and take about three months. My question was based off your statement, which after three months would be first quarter of 2019. So I think either I misunderstood your initial post or you’ve misunderstood my followup. Not trying to feed the rumor mills, but was just looking for some verified information if anyone had any.

Post #: 37
RE: Any New News Updates?? - 10/13/2018 2:29:04 PM   
Nomada_Firefox

quote:

You stated the beta would start tomorrow, and take about three months. My question was based off your statement,

You have understood bad. I told you "If tomorrow starts the beta, it can take easily 3 months."

(in reply to GrdAdmiral)
Post #: 38
RE: Any New News Updates?? - 10/15/2018 3:21:09 PM   
PipFromSlitherine

Work is ongoing. We are focusing on making the game as good as we can, rather than the release date. Obviously we would like to get it out this year, but if it needs more time for polish then we will ensure that the team gets it.

Cheers

Pip

follow me on Twitter here

Post #: 39
RE: Any New News Updates?? - 10/15/2018 7:17:00 PM   
CGGrognard

There's no problem with that. It's that those anticipating the title, including myself would appreciate an update every now and then, even though it may be nothing more than you are still working on it. No worries though, continue to make it the best CC game of the series.

"The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting." - Sun Tzu

(in reply to PipFromSlitherine)
Post #: 40
RE: Any New News Updates?? - 11/3/2018 12:59:26 PM   
GrdAdmiral

I’m excited. Thank you for this information.

(in reply to CGGrognard)
Post #: 41
RE: Any New News Updates?? - 12/30/2018 11:07:42 AM   
Johan M

Hi Pip and all. I just registered but have been following this forum for years and I thought it was time to show you my support. I’m looking forward to the game and I hope it will be successful enough to eventually be made in to an iPad version. But until then I might buy a laptop to play it :)

(in reply to GrdAdmiral)
Post #: 42
RE: Any New News Updates?? - 1/3/2019 8:29:17 PM   
PipFromSlitherine

We have no iPad plans for the game. Sorry! But hopefully you can enjoy it on PC.

Cheers

Pip

(in reply to Johan M)
Post #: 43
RE: Any New News Updates?? - 1/5/2019 3:42:19 PM   
Johan M

I thought so but there is an old (2014) forum post at Slitherine about the possibility of an iPad version so I had a tiny bit of hope. But much have happened since then. I think my current PC will be able to play it when it comes out so now real worries here. But a laptop would be better for me :)

Looking forward to more news later this year.

Post #: 44
RE: Any New News Updates?? - 1/23/2019 8:22:56 AM   
GrdAdmiral

As they say, the old squeaky wheel gets the grease. New year, just checking if any new updates? A video, screen shots, interviews, previews, press release, anything? Just wondering in case I missed something.

(in reply to Johan M)
Post #: 45
RE: Any New News Updates?? - 1/23/2019 2:09:56 PM   
dmagnusson

I would gladly become a betatester :-)

(in reply to GrdAdmiral)
Post #: 46
RE: Any New News Updates?? - 1/26/2019 4:29:09 AM   
returntoforever8

news plz

(in reply to dmagnusson)
Post #: 47
RE: Any New News Updates?? - 2/1/2019 4:37:30 PM   
DAK_Legion

Steve or Pipo.....any news please?
Christmas 2019,2020,2021.....

(in reply to returntoforever8)
Post #: 48
RE: Any New News Updates?? - 2/1/2019 7:46:25 PM   
PipFromSlitherine

You are right that we have been a little quiet lately - sorry about that. The team are focused on making the game as good as it can be. But I can say that there is news coming, honest!

Cheers

Pip

(in reply to DAK_Legion)
Post #: 49
RE: Any New News Updates?? - 2/1/2019 9:49:45 PM   
Johan M

Great, I’m looking forward to it.

Post #: 50
RE: Any New News Updates?? - 2/2/2019 3:36:25 PM   
DAK_Legion

thanks Pipo;)
Summer 2019 maybe???

(in reply to Johan M)
Post #: 51
RE: Any New News Updates?? - 2/16/2019 9:01:50 AM   
TDefender

I really don't know what is more senseless between announcing a game 3-4 even 5 years from its release (if it does eventually) and reading weekly "begging info" in the forum. My personal, humble advise: Do you really want to receive any info or even dare the release of the game ? Stop posting at all.

< Message edited by TDefender -- 2/16/2019 9:02:49 AM >

(in reply to DAK_Legion)
Post #: 52
RE: Any New News Updates?? - 2/19/2019 9:34:35 AM   
jarraya

Very eagerly awaiting this one..... hope to hear some news soon!

(in reply to TDefender)
Post #: 53
RE: Any New News Updates?? - 4/19/2019 12:53:12 PM   
FroBodine

At this point, I don't really care if this game gets released or not. And by the time it finally does, the graphics will be so outdated that the whole reason they switched to 3D for a better look will be pointless. I certainly don't need great graphics to enjoy a game. Heck, I enjoy many indie games with poor graphics.

But, anyway, the reason I'm even writing in this forum is to point out just how little information has EVER been released about this game, with almost zero hype on Matrix Games and/or Slitherine's websites.

Heck, just in the last few months Field of Glory: Empires and Fantasy General II have had so much more marketing, hype, and news than The Bloody First has ever had in five years. Weekly/monthly developer diaries, announcements, screenshots, articles, Discord server chat hype, so much information and exciting news.

Yet, The Bloody First continues to be silent, silent, and silent.

So, that's all I have to say. Colonel Kilgore said it best, "Some day this war's gonna end . . ."

(in reply to jarraya)
Post #: 54
RE: Any New News Updates?? - 4/19/2019 4:00:29 PM   
Nomada_Firefox

quote:

And by the time it finally does, the graphics will be so outdated that the whole reason they switched to 3D for a better look will be pointless. I certainly don't need great graphics to enjoy a game. Heck, I enjoy many indie games with poor graphics.

Clearly you do not know what you are saying........graphics are very good in their way, similar in concept to the other CC games. What did you want? a Blitzkrieg 3 or Sudden Strike 4 game running as a CC game? have all you thought how really these other games are so far unrealistic? because they have put more attention in graphics than other things.

For me the game is not silent. It is running, in development.;)

(in reply to FroBodine)
Post #: 55
RE: Any New News Updates?? - 4/19/2019 4:55:21 PM   
FroBodine

I very clearly know what I'm saying. In my opinion, the graphics are already very outdated. But, like I said, that's not super important to me. I was just making the point that the whole reason to switch to 3D was for a better " graphical look and feel" for the game, and I don't see that in the few screenshots they have released.

My main point was the lack of marketing, hype, news, etc. like for other upcoming games.

Post #: 56
RE: Any New News Updates?? - 4/19/2019 8:40:16 PM   
Nomada_Firefox

When I see a game with very good graphics and big realism + full modding capabilities, I will agree with you.

(in reply to FroBodine)
Post #: 57
RE: Any New News Updates?? - 4/19/2019 11:01:10 PM   
Johan M

There is some new videos on their Facebook page, have you seen those? Or take a break from it all and see if you get interest when it’s released. I’m sure you will get the news when it is.

Post #: 58
RE: Any New News Updates?? - 4/20/2019 1:20:54 AM   
Jugger

Maybe the inhouse Matrix/Slitherine design/production team don't do much PR/Marketing on there games and just take it for granted! I'm happy with the look of the game and will definitely purchase just not happy how its been promoted or lack thereof for a better word. They better show something on the first Monday in June on there monthly "Home of the Wargamers" twitch cast as I believe next months will be dedicated to Panzer Corp 2 game play.

(in reply to Johan M)
Post #: 59
RE: Any New News Updates?? - 4/20/2019 11:56:58 PM   
FroBodine

But, Matrix and Slitherine DO do some great marketing and PR for SOME of their games, as my examples of Field of Glory: Empires and Fantasy General 2 will confirm.

It just makes me think that this game still has a long way to go, and they aren't as strongly behind this game as they are their other games that are getting all the PR attention.

(in reply to Jugger)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat – The Bloody First >> RE: Any New News Updates?? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI